RailHawks 2012 roster speculation

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by SoccerPrime, Nov 7, 2011.

1. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Strikers forward Brian Shriver coming to Railhawks?

First time I heard of this was in the IMS interview with Strikers today:
    http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2012/...ie-president-of-the-fort-lauderdale-strikers/

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. SoccerDawgs911

SoccerDawgs911 BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whitecaps head coach Martin Rennie has dipped into the Carolina RailHawks talent pool again, with former RailHawks midfielder Floyd Franks joining the Caps as a trialist at the team’s training camp in Casa Grande, Arizona.

6. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    I doubt whether guys like Franks and Watson will ever see competitive games as starters. I wish them luck but MLS is such a physical and athletic league that I suspect they will be relegated to cameo roles. Even Barbara will find the going to tough!

8. Paintking

Paintking Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    You might be right all the way round, but I'm particularly hoping Watson gets some minutes. He brings so much to the game, plays both ends of the field, can assist and score goals. But then he is frequently overshadowed by 'flasher' players like Barbara. Rennie knows how dependable and capable Watson is, so I have hope.

Honestly I've never seen much in Franks. He played well for the Hawks and had his moments, but he never impressed me as particularly strong or talented.

Barbara, I think his best chance is as a super sub. Come on the last 20 minutes and wreck havoc. It was great having him on the team last year scoring and assisting a lot of goals. But by the end of the season his attitude and antics were getting tiresome, and he wasn't scoring nearly as much.

9. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.carolinarailhawks.com/index.php?id=111&newsid=1725
    Officially announces Ackley's return to the triangle, as well as another player
    "Drake, a Chapel Hill native, played with the RailHawks U23 program for three years and will be making his debut as a professional. A standout for Triangle Futbol Club and Chapel Hill High School, Drake was named a 2006 NSCAA All-American and was a nominee for Gatorade Player of the Year. Departing for Clemson, Drake led the team in points with 15, tied in goals (5), and led in assists (5) in his senior season. He finished his career with 14 goals and 13 assists for 41 points and received an invitation to the 2011 MLS Combine."

I just found a new favorite player.:D

10. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, confirmed.

11. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Carolina RailHawks mid-fielder Floyd Franks - who has been on trial with the Caps - has reported to Carolina's pre-season training camp but is still under consideration for a White-caps roster spot."
    I'll take that as a probable for Franks to return.

13. SoccerDawgs911

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait to meet the RailHawks Thursday night! I hope Floyd can sign with Vancouver but would be very happy to see him return to RH.

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. SoccerDawgs911

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today the acquisition of midfielder Floyd Franks to the club’s Major League Soccer roster, pending receipt of his international transfer certificate.“I’m very pleased to add Floyd to the team,” said Whitecaps FC head coach Martin Rennie. “He’s different than a lot of players that we have. He brings aggressiveness and he can play a number of different positions. He’ll add great depth to the squad.”Franks, 27, played the last two seasons under Rennie at North American Soccer League (NASL) club Carolina RailHawks. Good Luck Floyd-we'll miss you.

17. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Railhawks North strikes again. Good luck to Floyd. Did anybody take a liking to any of the trialists? I thought the back line looked solid against Vancouver, even if Akira had to be the hero.

18. SoccerDawgs911

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I thought we looked good in the back-Kupono was his usual solid self and made some great (although unrewarded) runs out of the back. I met Austen King at the Lone Rider event and he seems like a great guy so I spent some time watching him and he looked strong on D. I thought Zimmerman and Amir were working hard and playing well. I tended to pick out our returning players and Austen. I did think for the level of play and the great attacks the RailHawks mounted were promising considering how new the team are to the coach and each other. I am very optimistic about the season! Wish the RH site would post the players pictures so I could start to recognize them.

19. SoccerDawgs911

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Former RailHawk players traded in NASL-Jack Stewart to
    Fort Lauderdale Strikers in exchange the Strikers send forward Martin Nuñez to Minnesota.​

20. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Revs cut local boy Zack Schilawski. Could he be a good pickup for us?

21. SoccerDawgs911

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zack would be a great addition-he's used to scoring goals at Wake Med!

22. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems Jay Heaps & Mike Burns don't rate him very highly:

“When Jay and I made the decision on Ryan and Zack, it was not about any one other player that we may have envisioned instead of them,” Burns said. “It was when we looked at the roster, did we see Zack Schilawski or Ryan Kinne getting significant – or any – minutes with the first team this year.

“We really thought about and we came to the conclusion that [they would not]. We felt the best decision for us and for them was to let them go and try to let them catch on with another club.”

This is from an article on Lee Nguyen:
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/03/06/humbled-nguyen-happy-land-new-england

I guess Heaps & Burns know better than Steve Nichol.

23. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Competition? that's Clarke's boy Burse will be starting for you guys as he did with us. this kid has been with him since Dallas.