Rafa wants cheap and good buy (sky sports)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by bjb7223, Nov 2, 2004.

1. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=235366&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=3&title=Rafa+wants+'cheap+and+good'+buy

who will it be? Morientes? Andy Johnson?

2. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    well,trust me that Morientes wont come cheap!!!!yeah, i think johnson could be ,but i still think he has to prove himself before he can come to a big club!and,why hasnt anybody talked about Defoe??but i think that right now we need a central striker ,someone that stays in the box AND SCORES ALL THE CHANCES HE GETS!!!

3. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    yes I agree we need a box striker. But I think spurs would overprice Defoe. he won't come cheap.

4. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    There is no way they would get rid of their #1 striker. I really don't think they would get rid of him, and to get him, we would have to pay a pretty penny, and he's not quite worth tons of money.

5. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i'd like to think Andy Johnson won't become the latest in the line of recent mid-season ship-jumpers (Saha, Scott Parker). 'pool don't need a like-for-like replacment for Cisse, ya just need someone who can bang in a couple of goals from january til' may.

how about Mista from Valencia on loan? i know it sounds odd, him just signing a new contract with them & all, but he's still been blocked out by Ranieri for much of the season, and a Morientes style sabatical might be just what he's looking for.

just a thought.