Radio problems

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Scipio Gothicus, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Extreme left wing radio network and this seasons FCD network Air America will declare bankruptcy tomorrow, acording to far left website thinkprogess.org.

Recall I predicted it long ago. Spin it however you like; Airhead America had a bad bussiness model. Al Franken, a big fat idoit, has admitted that he has not been paid in some time. Bright, funny Jeanine Garofalo was let go last week. The talk was it was due to the content of he proposed 9/11 show, but forcing her out as a cost cutting move now makes much more sense.

There is an unconfirmed rumor that there will be a cash infusion in order to keep broadcasting through the midterm election. After that, it is anybody's guess.

Dead but dreaming,
    Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Now I have two more people to hate. Kasey Khane, Ray Evernham....

2. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I lean left Air America Radio is and was always a complete joke. Al Franken is a pretty funny guy though. I think it'd be great if he were a Senator.

3. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be great if he stuck to Jack Handey.

4. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What will happen to that godawful "Your Local city" show. That chick droning the theme song over and over made my ears singe with pain. It is forever embedded in my head like an awful Sheffield Phoenix poem.

5. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ironically, with the new laws the Republicans passed, bankruptcy is not a big deal for companies. At least, as I understand it.

Not sure what this has to do with FCD, other than that's where the games are aired. Haven't they been on a different radio station nearly every season?

I'm just glad to get to hear the games down here in Austin. Here's hoping AA gets its act together.

6. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they are still not in bankruptcy but this morning show is bankrupt....of talent. The young turks..............radio at it's worst.

It makes me miss "Your local city"!

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is where I need to point out that Air America filed for bankruptcy, not KXEB.

If and when Air America finally goes tits-up, then KXEB will likely find some other crapola to put on the air whenever they're not carrying FCD games.

8. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Extreme Left? Good Lord! :rolleyes:

What next, a post on Leftist:

[​IMG]

William F. Buckley? :D