Raddy Antic

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by sendorange, Sep 22, 2003.

1. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hey guys!

Raddy Antic has been linked to the newly vacated manager/coach position at my club Tottenham. I don't think he'll get it, but it might happen so....

As he last coached your team, what do you think of him?? I know he didn't do brilliantly well, especially in the league, but do you still think he is ok? How are his tactics and motivational skills?

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/football/common/divstory.asp?T_ID=faprem&ID=60866&W=0

2. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Raddy did a fine job in his brief stint with FCB. He got us out of the relegation battle and guided the team to the final Uefa Cup slot on the final day of the season. He took a team in crisis, and got them to play as a team.

Sounds like he might be the right fit for Spurs at the moment.

3. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    I’d love to see that. Raddy would be salvation for Spurs. In the mid nineties he took Oviedo from the constant relegation battle to the (brink of?) UEFA cup. Than he went to Atletico and won an amazing double with a bunch of aging veterans and a couple of signings no one had ever heard of. The completely insane Gil later fired him. Than he made a big mistake. He went back to Oviedo and got relegated. Going back to your old club rarely works out. He didn’t learn from and went back to Atletico and got relegated again. He made two very bad career decisions and his image suffered big damage. But he proved he can coach at Barca. He stopped the moving around of Puyol and made him his main man in CD. He created Motta as defensive mid. And he was the first coach in 9 years to realize that Overmars is right-footed. Marc played his best football in the last 3 years under Raddy, on the RW. Took over Barca close to a relegation place (15?) left them in the UEFA cup.

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Right on Aloisius! Rado its an amazing motivator and his techniques works!!! what would you say if you play for a depressed team, coming from a dictatorial coaching style with no animosity between the players (even during the meals, let alone the trainings) and all of a sudden you have a coach who talks to you and let you have fun in training? he played a dramatic rol in the recovery, he would fit in perfectly with the spurs right now.

5. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    I wonder how the world would look like if everyone got along like Mario and me