Radamel Falcao - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Same team than last week. Aguilar not registered yet for Toulouse.

2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Poor performance from all the players, 0-0 at the end. I have a problem with Monaco's game in the last two games. Falcao needs to get down 30-40 meters from the goal in order to receive balls. It shouldn't be like that. Riviere, Ocampos & Carrasco are very talented but always look for the extra dribble or shot instead of co-op with the best striker in the world. In the first game of the season, when James started, Monaco move the ball very well and created chances. But in the last two games, Falcao barely received balls inside the box and today he was very frustrated by this. They must feed him with balls, all the midfielders. They have tons of talent, but they cannot keep driblle and dribble all the time. Hopefully James will return to the lineup next match with Moutinho and we'll start to see the real potential of the team. Regardless, we only two weeks into the season, I'm sure they'll improve.

3. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Riviere, Ocampos, and Carrasco do not even notice Falcao is playing with them... much less a pass.

And why is Falcao playing as a SECOND STRIKER behind Riviere? That makes no sense... sigh shaking my head.

4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He wasn't. He always plays up front, but when you don't receive balls from your midfield, you need to get far from goal in order to try and get one, so he seems like more of a mediapunta then striker. James and Moutinho will return and it'll be OK.

5. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I told you guys a week ago that Ocampo may be fast dribbler but he has zero football IQ.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    por ese futbol poco colectivo.................culpo mas a ranieri que a los jugadores........

7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guys we should be happy that this new team had a very good start. 2 wins and 1 draw isn't bad for a completely new team so far. They'll bounce back because it's a learning experience when they're still in the top 3 in the table.

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why do you thjink that I care about Monaco? I care about Falcao & James's form, not if Monaco will or will not win the title.

9. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    un buen comienzo si la liga fuera la inglesa, española e italiana, esta comprobado que en ligas como la portuguesa, francesa, griega, etc. la suma de talentos hace la gran diferencia. A mi en lo colectivo no me parece que el equipo este bien, tal como dice Pepino, Ranieri tiene muchisimo que ver ahi. Prefiero a un Atletico de madrid tercero en la tabla, pero con un Falcao demoledor, a un Monaco lider con Falcao disminuido.

10. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    si pero ese Atletico de madrid tercero en la tabla es por un proceso... El Monaco es aun muy nuevo para predecir el projecto, si quieres comparar Atletico de Madrid con Monaco entonces compara los comiensos y cuando Falcao empeso en el Atletico hasta tronco lo llamaron porque Manzano era un malisimo tecnico y ese Atletico jugaba pesimo.

Sobre Ranieri yo lo dije antes no es el santo de mi devocion porque no gana un carajo, pero siempre arma equipos competitivos que pelean la parte alta de la tabla. Esto es cuestion de tiempo, el mismo James no se encuentra en el equipo aun, Lo importante esque el equipo sigue sumando puntos mientras que se acoplan.

ryu79 repped this.
  11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You should care if our best players win more silverware; they become more mentally prepare for winning titles not only in their club career, but with the national team if they become use to it and not nervous when the opportunity comes. We need them to be as used to winning trophies as much as possible if they're going to be mentally calm when the world cup comes around.

James and Falcao know what it's like to win trophies and that kind of experience can go a long way if they're to influence their teammates.

Also, I am tired of people saying that Falcao and James won't succeed with this team.

hanzellmo, Uzuriaga and elviejomen repped this.
  12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sorry, I disagree. There are tons of examples of players who were very successful with their clubs and blew it in the national team and the other way around. I'm not saying that I don't want them to succee, but you guys must understand that the NT is something else. They can win a treble in Monaco and still lose all the 3 group stage matches in Brazil and then what?? what was so helpful the success of Monaco? Beside, the NT is 23 players, 90% won't win nothing this year so what does it means? that we will going to fail as a NT because their mentality isn't built to win trophies? I don't buy it.

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am not saying that it's REQUIRED; it's only a plus.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Monaco got Kondogbia for 20 from sevilla ........looks like a good prospect

no more excuses for ranieri...

15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    you're right. That team is stacked especially for Ligue 1. Any less than top 4 is a massive failure.

16. ElNando

ElNando Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    top 4 wouldn't cut it. They'll be missing UCL and thats the main goal this year. With the 3rd spot at least they get to play the previous rounds of UCL. So, it is my understanding that overall goal is to be top 2.

17. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I get that but top 4 Ranieri probably keeps his job as it's a 'building year':rolleyes:. That being said PSG has had a so-so start so it's not like the other coaches are such class.

18. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    20M€ means putting a WHOLE LOT of pressure on a 20 yo kid's shoulders.

It's way over Kondogbia's market value. It's only a matter of contracts, but it will be his "public", "mediatic price".

Wow, everybody's turned insane over our U20 World Champions. 15M for Digne, 20M Kondogbia, maybe 12M for Thauvin... Come on idiots, they are KIDS.

We'll lose some of them on the way with such methods.

pibe10 repped this.
  19. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    One of the best sentense I've ever read here.

20. ElNando

ElNando Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you guys. What's wrong with this people overspending on players in general.

A team shouldn't freacking pay $50M for a player. Now imagine RM paying $92 for Cristiano and now "I-dont-know-how-much for Bale". This is insane.

They overpay for kids and overpay for every new guy his manager says he is the next superstar.

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you can get it from shirt sales why not. If Falcao or James were big market players they would have been sold for more. Bale money will be recouped by shirt sales in 1-2 seasons. I just don't see where you can play Modric, Ozil, Ronaldo, Di Maria, and Bale(unless he is a LB again but who plays 100 million for a LB)

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I understand the marketing POV, meaning that a charismatic player will bring a lot of money to the club via TV, adds, memorabilia and sponsors. But are they really worth that much?

I think that pay for top professional sports is out of control, not sure what we can do about it, but I really can't grasp why a guy playing a kids game is worth millions of dollars, in the big scheme of things.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Podria llegar al monaco su amigo adrian, como acompañante que creo que era aca lo que querian.......creo que es peticion del mismo jugador

24. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I see it this way...

...a person is worth however much their employer is willing to pay them.
    If some crazy owner wants to pay someone millions of dollars who am I to say what he does with his money????

God Bless him and whoever is the beneficiary.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #150 pepinointer, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    we are humans, that live in the same planet, where are people dying of hunger....for that reason i think that people can at least complain

i recommend you....to read peter singer and other etichs writers