Radamel Falcao Garcia - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Chacal, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao fue contundente en respuesta a las alegaciones:

Radamel Falcao@FALCAO
    14m

He sido sorprendido con noticias en los medios sobre mi edad que son totalmente ridículas... (1/2)

Radamel Falcao@FALCAO
    13m

...Quiero desmentirlo rotundamente y terminar este tema de una vez por todas. (2/2)

2. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

For anyone who might come here for a translation:

"Ive been surprised by media reports regarding my age that are completely ridiculous. I wish to roundly deny this and close this topic once and for all. "

TeSo repped this.
  3. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This could be very interesting. If the guy said he had the ORIGINAL copy then how can Falcao disprove that?

I thought that the proof were pretty solid. Why would you let a 3-year old study with 5-year olds? So he can develop faster?

4. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Well that's an oxymoron in itself. Nothing can be Original AND deemed a copy. The only way to bring authenticity to the issue is to seek the original birth certificate. Other than that all teh school director managed to do was make a copy of the copy and print it on a brochure to 'promote' the story of Falcao. Innnocent until proven guilty, though. Falcao's PR firm is right. Acknowledge the BS, make your statement and move on. Otherwise your giving credence to the story.

However, to those that say it doesn't matter regardless of the outcome, I disagree. At least from the business aspect. In fact, one can make a legal claim and call the current contract null and void if the said accusation is real. He's also someone that has kind of lived a very clean and polished professional career. Lies like these would start to break some of that credibility.

5. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Exactly. He's more than just a human being, he's a million dollar investment and I'm pretty sure that Monaco could sue him if they wanted to or renegotiate the contract, even though that would probably be bad for both parts since they need eachother. And when monaco one day sell him they can ask for a higher price if he appears younger than he is. So in a way they also may benefit from it.

Just that after this, unless Falcao makes something more than just say "i'm innocent" will leave a huge doubt over the truth. There is just no other reason why they won't explain it all. If he really is innocent, he or his father could kill the story completely by explaining what really went down.

6. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Crazy stuff to say the least.

I am just going to say he can be 100 years old for all I care as long as he scores goals and leads us deep into next summers World Cup knockout rounds.

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I think he is handling it exactly right - "that's dumb," period. The only people with an interest in pursuing it further are opportunists.

To be clear: the accusers don't have proof. A school has a registry in their books of him with a particular birth date - they claim they couldn't have made the mistake because they always check for originals. Even if they turn up a copy now, there is every probability the doc itself could be a forgery. The only one with paperwork that can confirm/break the story is Falcao so as long as he keeps control of the narrative its fine.

I don't think it becomes an issue for Monaco because Falcao's arrival has already done what they wanted - proven they could attract a top world footballer to their team and opened the door for them to attract others. They will know that they arent going to be selling Falcao on for a profit at the end of his contract (he is already THE ONLY player to ever get bought for more than $40MM and then sell on for more, ever...until Ronaldo gets sold).

8. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well I disagree, forget about the documents, just think of the class with 5-year old kids that studied with Falcao and remembers him. Why would you FORGE a document to let a 3-year old study with 5-year olds ? He wasn't even a footballer then. It makes no sence at all. Can't people tell the diference between a 3-yearold and a 5-yearold just by looking at him?

9. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    A ese pueblo lo mató un rumor!

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao being 28 at the World Cup or being 30 doesn't matter he is still going to be in his prime come World Cup time. Not to be an ass but Falcaos chances of being at the 2018 WC were in the air any way. So this age thing NT wise doesn't matter and he has a fat contract that te French aren't going to let go of so he is going to be ok.

Furnaccio and Uzuriaga repped this.
  11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

We can still have him go for the Copa America in 2015 or even the Confederation's cup in 2017 (if we do win in 2015).

12. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's not like we're gonna be that desperate the coming years with muriel being young and jackson (apparantly) 2 years younger than falcao.

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Muriel is already better than Falcao and Jackson; he's way better than their were at his age. He's got more potential than any other striker we have.

14. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    you obviously don't have kids ;)

The proper question is actually the other way around. Why would an 8 year old want to be aorund a bunch of 5 year olds? But answering your question, an older 3 year old can be the height/weight of a 5 year old, particularly in a country where poverty is prevalent. I have 3 kids. My son, the youngest is 3.5 and is the size of my middle child (girl) who is 5.5.
    5 year olds are just developing their cognitive skills but are still underdeveloped themselves so they may not see the clear differences. Parents maybe, but not their 'peers'.

So why would they do this you ask ? Well, a 3 year old has to still be kept at home or private schooled because he's not considered old enough to be enrolled in a public school environment. However, if you're broke or of little means it's best to send your kid, even at 3, to be taken care of by the public system. It's not ideal for a child but I can see how a household would see this as a better way so that both parents can get to work without having to fork over money for private day care. It happens everywhere in the world.

I've played in club leagues from Colombia at 4 years old right up until 25 here in the US. Just 'amateur' level but after 25, I started to manage some clubs myself. What I found is that doctoring documents was not only quite easy but prevalent in the game. I think someone mentioned it earlier and I'd like to believe its what happened: in order to get Falcao assigned to either some tournament or league at the time, the father may have faked a document and either forgotten or just didnt care to make sure that document was used again. Once the snowball starts to take affect than there's no turning back. Well it looks like the fake was indeed used again. My original birth certificate from Palmira (Valle) looks like something my 5 year old could make with one of her apps.
    crzdcolombian, I hate to admit it but it would matter. If this was Pino or even Rodallega no one would care. But Falcao represents the highest sought out valued player EVER in our history. Much of that is based on what he has achieved and can achieve at his age. He is our Messi. With the exception that he is Colombian. And that's a big exception because all these guys have worked HARD to finally gain credibility. All of a sudden if Falcao is suspect than everyone from Colombia can be suspect. Any other player but him.

Furnaccio and Uzuriaga repped this.
  15. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

So you believe a document from a pre-school school over the birth certificate that Falcao has used all his life for all his other documents in all other schools, citizenship card, passport, etc? Really??? one document??!?!

It could just be as simple as a clerical error. Or the school wanting to get some media attention. Why doubt Falcao, and not the pre-school place? That makes no sense.

16. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Is not a birth certificate, its a pre-school registration document. lol.

17. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Well, to me Falcao has got much more to gain by lying than the pre-school place...that guy that blew the whistle hasn't exactly won any friends from that interview, just a nation who hates him. And it's not like he can get famous over it either the story is basically over. His 5 minutes of fame are over.

If it was a clerical error it could easily be sorted out by Falcaos father. It seems like he acted weird when they wanted to contact him on the phone.

And "all the other documents" is basically just one document that is based on another one etc. Once you're in you're not questioned anymore. Falcao is a known guy I think the clubs just get the info from the earlier club he's had. The french look at the spanish documents, the spanish look at the portuguese etc And how it started, well when you're getting ID for a kid it's probably not that difficult.

18. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Great post krometoke. Interesting read. Thanks.

"Once the snowball starts to take affect than there's no turning back. "

I believe that too (if the rumour really is true).

Thanks. Nope, no kids

What I like about this forum as opposed to other ones is that there actually are thinking people here that can coldly analyze stuff without getting carried away by emotions or blind fanatism.
    When I read other comments on falcaos age in other forums it just makes me a bit sad since they all just go emotional.
    No one really touches the issue or ask the question "could this be true?" It's such a defeatist attitude. They all reason as if the only way for a Colombian to have falcaos success is through some sort of cheating, and if anyone should blow the whistle and ruin the party then the hell with them.
    To me this exagerated fanatism in a player and denial and anger only shows a lack of belief in our own capabilites and that's sad. Since that is pure crap.
    Colombia produces TONNES of great players right now and should have better self confidence than this. It's no big deal if he lied about his age, there are plenty more where he came from. Jackson and muriel may well end up in clubs that will win the CL...we have tonnes of players that have not lied about their age or used foul play to get where they are.
    Needless to say I'm still a huge fan of the guy.

19. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    En Colombia ya no usamos tapa rabos. Hoy por hoy, toda las documentaciones son verídicas, el acta de nacimiento, cédula, pasaporte sos papeles que pueden comprobar la edad correcta de un Colombiano. Un papel de una escuela no es algo official si no un documento de admisión, en el cual se pueden hacer errores.

So the true is easy obtainable now at days.

20. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

Viejo, no seas tan inocente.

Con esto me refiero a creerse que todos los papales en colombia son legales. Basta con mirar cuanta gente muerta "vota" en las elecciones, para darse cuenta. Que aquí, en ese sentdo, seguimos usando tapa rabos

hanzellmo repped this.
  21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Jajaja... La verdad solo bastan unos cuantos pesos y/o un conocido en una Notaria para falsificar un Registro Civil de Nacimiento. Cierto, hoy en dia hay mas tecnologia y es mas facil mantener una base de datos que hace 30 o 40 años, pero el principio que aplica en Colombia es "Hecha la ley, hecha la trampa".

En cuanto a lo de Falcao, creo que no pasara a mayores porque realmente no hay una prueba solida, como seria un Registro Civil con la fecha de 1984, solo un record de hace 20 años, escrito a maquina, que bien pudo haber sido error tipografico. Asi Falcao y/o su papa nos hayan mentido, no hay pruebas definitivas.

En ultimas, sin pruebas concretas, los Garcia son inocentes hasta que se demuestre lo contrario.

22. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tanta carreta que le estan hechando a este cuento para llegar a solo una conclucion....

El peor enemigo de un Colombiano es precisamente otro Colombiano, todavia no entiendo que saca el rector con "clarificar" la edad de Falcao

Por eso yo no soy exitoso en la vida no quiero que me vengan a joder
    Estoy aqui tranquilo jugando Domino :D

hanzellmo, dapip, Baal88 and 1 other person repped this.
  23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

jajaja... Jevoman es como el pescador de esta historia:

http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2010/09/08/the-fisherman-and-the-businessman/

24. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm just saying, Doubt Falcao but also Doubt the pre-school. At this point, an investigation was made by the press (kind of half-assed done, but w/e) you can check a picture of Falcao's 'actual' birth certificate there too:
    bit.ly/11cPTt8

So in other words, Only Falcao's immediate family knows the truth, even Falcao might not actually know. This does not mean it is true that his age is false, it just cannot be confirmed, until a birth certificate shows from Bogota or something of that style that can be deemed official.

25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Este es el oficial. Lo demas es PM hasta que no muestren otro documento.

pepinointer, Uzuriaga, ryu79 and 2 others repped this.