Racism

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by JoBeck, Oct 30, 2002.

1. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leicester City and Foxes Against Racism are going to make a formal complaint to the Football League concerning racist chanting from Nottingham Forest fans during theit clash on Saturday. (Last week was also anti-racism week)

http://www.lcfc.com/today/view/breaking_news_detail/0,,10274~293963,00.html

From ForFoxSake's match report:

2. Sheff Steel

Sheff Steel New Member

May 12, 2002
    What is racism?

What is racism?
    I know it might appear to be a stupid question.

What I mean is what are the motives behind rascist chants? There are quite a lot of simple immature football fans who go to see my team Sheffield United.

Ive noticed that some do make comments and try to intimidate anyone who is different.

The crowd shouts and make songs about a fat player, theres the song about the bald player.
    Theres the songs about effeminate looking men with long hair. Theres the songs about all Liverpool fans being unemployed and thieves.etc etc

Ive even seen a friend a few years ago join in with a song about a black player eventhough i know he's not rascist (he had a black girlfriend at the time and lots of black friends).

When I asked him about his comments, he said it was just a laugh. He thought I was over reacting.

I believe that its a cultural thing of misguided youths wanting to take the micky out of anything/ anybody that is different. The intention is to wind them up and put them off their game.

I know there are proper racists. Fortunately i think that rascist scum is in the minority, but unfortunately there are quite a lot of sheep who are "out for a laugh and a bit of banter".

I don't agree with this, but it is an alternative view and many of the Forest fans will be really pleased if they think they've riled some of the Leicester fans.

I remember when the Sheffield Wednesday manager David Pleat was found curb crawling in a prostitute area. The Sheffield United fans saw this as a chance to rile the Sheff Wednesday fans, hence the many songs about David Pleats sexual habits.