Racism...Forever?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The police in my middle school are pretty good ambassadors. they do programs for girls and one for boys that is very popular with the kids. I really would not want them to take that out of our school since that is one of the few times some of these kids have positive interactions with them.

I don't think that is what the pipeline is, I think it is more about qualities of opportunities for lower SES demographics and how there is a large segment of our society that is set up to fail, because we as a society are failing to educate them for a plethora of reasons.

Agree on bodycams.

Don't know about the fines. I would think there are already sanctions for frivolous complaints. Maybe enforce the laws against it?

2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We White people need to develop the mentality that the Black population doesn't need our help, they need our support. IOW, we need to offer support, and if refused, get the ******** out of the way. Yes, teachers are needed, as are social workers, non-profits, etc. But we need to have it ingrained our our collective understanding that we White people do not have the solutions.
    We can support their endeavors, like tearing down dilapidated housing to make a park, or improving said park.
    We can support by getting rid of project housing and creating mix-income space, and building a community around those developments.
    We can support by enacting laws which reduce incarceration rates.
    We can support by enacting drug rehabilitation programs rather than incarceration.
    We can support by electing Black officials to public office.
    We can support by trusting the the Black community has the ability to know what it needs, and to support those needs (by giving money/time, or by getting out of the way).
    We, as White people, need to listen better.

charlie15 repped this.
  3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    charlie15 repped this.
  4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eliminate the rule that a person can only have the police show up at their door a limited numbers of times before being automatically evicted from public housing - IOW, support the woman trying to run from her abuser.

y-lee-coyote and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What he really feels is, I'll be damned if I get outflanked on the left in my primary fight against Kennedy!

(Am I being too cynical?)

sitruc, russ and charlie15 repped this.
  6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I'm sure it's alright if I want THIS guy's ass beaten, right?

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No you are not..... Still, i support the sentiment....:ROFLMAO:

8. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=police+slams+student

This doesn't even touch the SRO's that have to be reassigned periodically because they cross sexual harassment boundaries with students / staff and/or violate romantic contact policies with staff / students.

sitruc and soccernutter repped this.
  9. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on the new autopsy, it is clear that the death was also caused by the other two officers as well with their knees on George's back. One can expect those guys to be locked up soon.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But you know the SROs are there to prevent school shooting and school violence, right?*

* - this post should be read a sarcasm.

charlie15 repped this.
  11. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Man, that's calling out the system in a big way.

13. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This no longer exists. What was it about?

14. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it sounds crazy; but in Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, a salary of $115k is nothing. It's ramen noodles and Patio burritos in a shithole.

sitruc, Boandlkramer and celito repped this.
  15. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to go over all previous reports the original ME may have performed on police related deaths.

I've thought there were three distinct groups who are using these events to make things worse, anarchists; boogaloo boys/white supremacists, and nihilistic Joker fans who saw the movie one too many times and took it for a manifesto. Of course this could just be a moron cause I also people dressed as Batman and Spiderman at rallies over the weekend.

Q*bert Jones III and charlie15 repped this.
  16. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    FTR My post was directed to people in general. I was under the impression that POC post here too.

I think your position could lead to abdication of responsibility. I did not come talking about my ideas, I was asking about suggestions. I think it is okay to ask what I am signing up for, if I am going to support specific steps along the way to an agreed upon end.

Some of us white people got hired to do things that nobody else applied for so obviously POC could use a little help from a ""grey eyed soul brother." They could use my vote in supporting their ideas, is it not okay to ask about what those ideas might be? They could probably use some money, even if I am white. Is it okay to ask how that might be spent prior to making a donation?

I find it ironic when you mention we could listen better. Good job on what we can't do, I was asking about what we could do?

17. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    #16592 JohnR, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    And bored college kids. My son has been watching white boys (presumably lefty, some are probably apolitical, maybe some even righties) scream at black/Latino female cops for days now, about what abusive pigs they are. Guys with testosterone looking to find somebody to abuse.

He says that the daytime protests are constructive, but at night the partiers show up and then all hell breaks loose.

sitruc, celito and NORML repped this.
  18. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe we are just lucky and the four (two male two female) we have in my six year tenure have been leaders in community as well as school SROs and all were AA.

19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't remember

20. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Live press conference by the new independent medical examiners and the Floyd family legal counsels. They are really really experienced people and very methodical. The presented a detailed, if not gruesome, and damming report. The county medical examiners have some serious explaining to do.

On a related note, Ben Crumms is doing a top job as the family lawyer.

21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are until they aren't

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting if true.

I'm not ready to throw the County ME under the bus. But I've got the key in the ignition.

I wonder if the ME can be charged as an accessory after the fact? That might get somebody's attention.

taosjohn repped this.
  23. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course. There was never a serious doubt.

24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you seen the national guard?

The police and ambulance services have been going on all day by my house.

First responders are getting no breaks, they have to deal with Covin and now they have to deal with riots and the damage.

They have to be getting paid a lot of over time this week.

25. Is there a chance the Chicago PD will face kidnapping charges for the holding of Justin Cosby?