Racism - Always and Forever

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I noticed it, and so did everyone who took him down. I'm surprised he didn't catch a bigger beating than he did.

2. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is there further info on this?I'm sure he has some untreated MH issue.

3. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    psycho problems.
    Bake him away toys.

5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How did I know that was Florida?

I mean, no disrespect to Floridians because to be sure, that shit is everywhere in America... but something told me this particular manifestation was Florida.

roby, sitruc, chad and 2 others repped this.
  6. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If "MH" means "meat head" then yes, he's got some untreated MH issue.

onefineesq and russ repped this.
  7. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, we got caught up in the deplorable Florida Man story, but this one is worse. Insanely racist bullshit from people who supposedly support our troops.

soccernutter and charlie15 repped this.
  8. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Are we sure that it doesn't represent the core values of the Navy?

9. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    IntheSun won't be happy with you, but yeah. It had such a Florida vibe. The one thing I will say in his defense is that guy could be a tourist.

sitruc and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  10. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lurking around every corner.

11. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    He was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs.....beat that with a stick! :cool:

upload_2020-8-2_18-13-16.jpeg

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  12. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    There is a way to determine this.
    [​IMG]

Dolemite and russ repped this.
  13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    it's hard to believe we're living in the year 2020 ....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/business/david-lammy-amazon-shoes-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

Amazon has removed a post selling shoes described as "n***er brown" after a British lawmaker discovered the listing while shopping online, prompting calls for tighter controls on Amazon's item descriptions.
    "Just buying brown brogues tonight leads to this racist micro aggression. Is it 2020 or 1720? Please ⁦⁦@amazon⁩ take it down," wrote David Lammy on Monday, alongside a picture of the item description.
    Almost 90 minutes later, Lammy tweeted again, thanking Amazon for removing the product. But he added: "Given the item has been on sale since March what systems do you have in place for reviewing descriptions and not allowing offensive terms to be posted in the first place? This is not the first time."
    An Amazon spokesperson told CNN that the product is no longer available.

14. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    That's a microagression?

15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That was my thought too. weirs to describe it like that.

16. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Future racism lies in wait.

russ and NORML repped this.
  17. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems pretty macro to me.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  18. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There's some shady shit on Amazon. My wife ordered something that purported to be from Estee Lauder, but wasn't. And when I needed to look for a new laptop, I knew I wasn't going to buy one online, but to get an idea of how much it was going to cost, I checked out Amazon.

There was an outlet calling itself "Black Life Matter" selling laptops for ridiculously cheap, with a bunch of five star reviews and a few one star reviews: nothing in between. Strangely enough, the five star reviews were all written in a grammar that no native speaker of English would use, while the one star reviews were written by people whose computers still haven't shown up.

19. Amazon is an extortion racket, leeching on the earnings of bonafide companies while stealing the client data and later taking over the client and facilitating cons rackets by providing these with the fake trustworthyness of a global brand.

charlie15 repped this.
  20. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is why, "but akin" was added, to indicate they are politically different, academically and economically similar....or as I read below, maybe less so than I thought.

Based on the descriptions of the events, it seems that most are on the same page regarding justice and community relations.

Could you go in to more detail. I am curious.

Every community/high school has mental health issues. The difference is that some communities have families which can afford (both time and money) to get that help.

I'm not sure you know where I have worked, but I very well understand violence in the community and in schools and how it effects students. In the various schools I have worked in, I have gotten hit several times breaking up fights. I have stood between guys, shirts off, ready to fight, challenging them to go through me. I have literally been somebody who has pulled students off one another to end a fight. I have laid into students who I knew were violent and who I know fought, for being stupid for fighting because it will get them kicked out a place they chose to come to. And I have seem multiple students go through my many classes with varying degrees of PTSD from the violence they experienced at home and in their 'hood. And we did have a live active-shooter drill (with blanks) at one school and had a pre-event staff meeting as well as notification to the local PDs and parents, in preparation for 911 calls and students who be triggered. Even the students were warned that there would be a live drill. As far as I know, only 1 student broke down, though I think there were more. And I know a few students didn't go to school that day.

I will say that the one thing I have not experienced is being threatened as directly as you gave the example, though word did get to me via some students that one of the violent students "really didn't like me." Truthfully, I was more worried about my tires being slashed that physical harm. As far as students who were threats, I know there have been students identified, but I was never in a position to learn who they were.

I agree that all communities are different. I will say that my experience with Evanston has been limited, partly by meets several students on a high school trip many, many years ago. But also a few times over the past years, and nothing anybody has said really changed my view. So it is interesting what you have said.

What do you mean by the Oak Park thing?

21. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is really everywhere. The only reviews I pay attention to are those in which the reviewer either writes 2 or more sentences, or has pictures. I also ignore the "verified purchase" notification as well.

22. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good move for the Navy Seals. That was unacceptable.

soccernutter and Auriaprottu repped this.
  23. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was not aware that there was any connection. Seems some SEAL posted that they were not officially related.
    This could be a "Now that it's out, we'd better..." situation.

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This county is the left pinkie fingernail of the mitten.

Dr. Wankler and sitruc repped this.
  25. This excerpt from the 'Pocket Guide for American Servicemen to the Cities of the Netherlands During World War II' may provide some context…
    upload_2020-8-7_14-21-5.png