Racism - Always and Forever

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This simply sends the message that these kids arenot seen as kids who are at the first steps towards adult life, but criminals until proven otherwise.
    It exemplifies the centuries long build up of the paranoid cultural mindset of the States citizens.

fatbastard and Auriaprottu repped this.
  2. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #27 chad, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Evanston is not a conservative community. It's about as moronically woke as can be - but not like Portland, since Evanston actually has people of color.

A couple of things, but I don't think I got everything:

1. ETHS is its own school district. I was focusing on SROs in D65, which contains the elementary and middle schools. Of the D65 schools, SRO's were only in the middle schools, which is where I had the most personal interactions and observations.

2. But regarding ETHS, there were two gun homicides a block away from ETHS this past weekend. The school, since my oldest has been there, has had numerous lockdowns because of gun violence in the area. There will be a cop presence by the school no matter what. That said, the SROs have not tased anyone or walked around with police dogs. The report from kids is the SROs talk to students and seem to genuinely care about the students. This has a restorative function. It is not merely reactive. Most discipline issues, as racist as they may be, are dealt with by the school.

3. I once personally witnessed a serious knockdown drag-out fight between two students of color after school at ETHS. It was vicious. One actually got thrown by her weaves across the hood of my car. One of two(?) SROs ran across the street and helped community safety officers (basically school security) separate the girls and de-escalate, by which point the head of the school arrived and spoke to the girls. Neither was arrested. No weapons were pulled out. I was asked to hang around to tell the head of the school what I saw, but the cops didn't even feel the need to speak with me - they helped settle it down and left the kids to the school. All this even though it took place off school grounds, and one of the kids straight up attacked the other.

4. My students of color at the middle school LOVED the detective there. They were aghast that he was going to be removed. Because he was already reduced to part-time at the school, there were several incidents last year of pretty extreme violence between students that had to be de-escalated by untrained teachers who were putting their jobs and bodies in peril. Teachers got punched. There also was an alleged rape during school hours at a time he was not there. But when he was there, he could stop a fight or brewing fight with a tilt of his head. Kids would talk to him.

5. A student at a middle school was tased by an officer -- who was not the SRO. Since the SRO wasn't there, the officer who showed up had no relationship with students and handled it the way a dipshit young white officer would. This needs to be fixed.

6. I know of several instances where an officer who was an SRO was called to prevent kids from getting arrested in town/away from school and then really starting down a shit path.

7. Mental health issues are severe for high school kids. It can be depression, anxiety, abuse at home, insecurity, gang pressure (this is a thing), and the trauma of racism and its impact on young people. We pay a lot of ********ing taxes to try to give kids the mental health support they need. I think that's great. But the reality of the community is that kids have rage and need support for when it isn't able to be contained.

8. I think you're underestimating the impact of school shootings on kids and communities. Some of this is just fear, and some is the very deliberate result of those who know how to profit off of fear. Have you ever had a school head tell you they worry about a specific kid being a school shooter? I have. You ever see that a kid's iPad is full of school shooting images? I have. You ever had a student say he is "going to stab you after [he] kills his parents" and having the police come tell you about the threat? I haven't, but my friend has. He tries to laugh about it, but he honestly doesn't feel safe.

Sorry if I didn't address everything. I do think every community is a bit different, and Evanston is its own special kind of stupid mess. Oak Park might have had the TV show, but I think we're worse.

3. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What cultural mindset built up among the Dutch such that they thought to give up Jews to the Nazis within the last century?

Couldn't be tied to the dehumanization of Pete?

soccernutter, sitruc, russ and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    FIRST PAGE!!!!

White privilege in action.

Auriaprottu, chad and russ repped this.
  5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then you get these guys in schools...

1287990014228467720 is not a valid tweet id

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

interesting if true...forgive me if I doubt a school would let anyone walk around with the F bomb on their clothing.

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32 charlie15, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    sitruc and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  8. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Velcro patches for his trauma plate / body armor - they likely aren't worn at work.

9. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boogalo ain't gonna start itself.

NORML repped this.
  11. Go back to history lessons. The Germans could round up without too much fuss our Jews because of our excellent registration of civilians, which unfortunately included religion.
    When bombing Rotterdam centre they took care not to hit our town hall in order to get their hands on that essential information.
    Guess what. After the war we dropped anything that could target a specific group out of our registration.

So, no. You just demonstrated the typical American ignorance of anything across the border.

12. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. Ok, Pete.

sitruc and russ repped this.
  13. You got other info? Share it.

14. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other info? Let's start with the fact that 75% of Dutch Jews were executed. It takes more than a registry for that to happen. The Dutch were weak to resist and late to protect. This is commonly available knowledge.

We can take this discussion over to the "Dutch Morally Superior," Claim the Dutch thread that you have been dying to start.

15. To enlighten your clouded mind:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1943_bombing_of_the_Amsterdam_civil_registry_office
    The 1943 bombing of the Amsterdam civil registry office was an attempt by members of the Dutch resistance to destroy the Amsterdam civil registry (bevolkingsregister), in order to prevent the Nazis from identifying Jews and others marked for persecution, arrest or forced labour. The March 1943 assault was only partially successful, and led to the execution of 12 participants. Nevertheless, the action likely saved many Jews from arrest and deportation to the extermination camps.

16. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to do some counting and then put you on IL:

1938, 1939, 1940, 1943, 1944... wait...

And "many" is ********ing bullshit when over 100,000 Jews from The Netherlands were shipped to camps between 1940-45.

75%

DEAD

17. You really can't resist to blabber "common knowledge" as facts can you. What part of ease of identifying the targeted victims can't you understand. What part is too difficult for you to understand that that percentage was because of the immaculate record keeping we had.
    I understand that for someone from a country that isnot and never has been well organised as the Netherlands it's hard to grasp what our data in the hands of a well organised nazi killing machine ment.
    They with our collaborators had no problems finding their victims. In other countries around us they had to rely on people to betray Jews to the Germans.

18. [​IMG]
    yeah, keep on bullshitting while you can't refute the core reason why we had so many victims.
    This is the picture of Rotterdam centre after the German attack. The only two buildings still standing are the town hall and the telecommunication building.
    Why were they spared? For our indispensable records.
    [​IMG]
    Needed for the Jew hunt. But keep it up to be in denial of facts and hang on to believes.
    It has your country in a wonderfull situation at the moment.

19. You can read English, don't you?
    From that wikipedia link:

However, forged documents could be easily detected because they could be compared against the records in the civil registries. Some civil servants were willing to falsify records in the civil registry so that they would match up with forged identification cards. Nevertheless, the civil registries remained a potent weapon in the hands of the Nazis to identify members of the Dutch population who were Jewish, potential members of the resistance or could be called up for forced labour duty.[1][2]

But hey, take the number and phantasy around it. You're just like your president and his lunatic party. You're no different from that bunch. Lie and denie.

20. The poster insinuates with his post that the Dutch people as a whole were accomplishes of the German extermination system. Not just those in every population existing collaborators, but as a whole.

So in his US eyes this must be fake news. The Dutch were the only people occupied by the Germans who went into open and mass resistance against the razzias, the February Strike. It ended in bloodshed.

It ended the idea of Germany to nazify the Netherlands from the inside and repression would face resistance.

It also must be fake that about 80,000 false identity papers were made, which unfortunately was facing our excellent civil registry and thus for the Germans easy to check. Because we as a people in this posters delusional mind were going to hand them over to the nazis anyway.

Two Jewish historians, Ron Zeller and Pim Griffioen, did research into the why and how of the excessive high death toll of the Dutch Jews in WWII compared to Belgium and France.

Both promoted to Dr. with their research.

They mention the mindset of Dutch Jews, who lived rather save for centuries in the Netherlands having fled the Spanish Inquisition, versus that of French and Belgian Jews who for a great part (50% and 90%) fled the more recent Eastern Europe and German pogroms.

The latter were far more tuned in to the danger of persecution.

Another factor was the attitude of the Dutch Jewish Council, who was against going into hiding because it was thought to be impossible given the numbers and more dangerous.

So almost all Dutch Jews were where they would be according to our civil registry.

In contrast to Belgium and France in the Netherlands the German police had completely taken over the police and total control of it. The gouvernment had been taken over by a civilian nazi occupying regime, while in France and Belgium they were under military rule with their old structures still in function. This meant Belgium and France in an early stage felt the need to organise resistance and organise hiding of people and the structures to do so still intact.

From: Pim Griffioen en Ron Zeller, Jodenvervolging in Nederland, Frankrijk en België 1940-1945: Overeenkomsten, verschillen, oorzaken

Deportations from the Netherlands

When the deportations started in all three countries in July 1942, it became clear that the German police in the Netherlands were in almost complete control, mainly independently of the rest of the occupying regime and the Dutch authorities. This applied to a lesser extent in Belgium and not at all in France. As a result, the Germans were able to make wide use of misinformation and deception when the deportations were carried out in the Netherlands. For example, they issued tens of thousands of provisional exceptions which were later rescinded one by one.

In this way the German police managed to transport the Jewish population bit by bit without it leading to too many people going into hiding or to too much resistance. Adolf Eichmann, who organized the deportations of the Jews throughout Europe from Berlin was satisfied: “rollten am Anfang, dass man sagen kann, es war eine Pracht.” (“In the beginning you could say that the trains from the Netherlands were really rolling; it was quite wonderful.”)

From January 1942 more and more Jewish men were sent to labour camps in the Netherlands. After the start of the deportations in July, the impression was initially that they did not have to go to Poland because they had already been put to work in the Netherlands. But at the beginning of October 1942, these men were rounded up along with with their families, altogether more than 12,000 people at one fell swoop, and were almost all transported to Auschwitz in that month.

The same applied for Jewish hospitals, orphanages and homes for the elderly: they were deliberately left alone by the German police for months on end, so many people thought they were safe there for the time being. However, from January 1943, they were emptied one after the other. As in the case of the labour camps, these groups were also easy victims for the occupying regime because they had been concentrated in one place and because of their isolation.

Razzias in Belgium

In Belgium, the German police only carried out violent razzias and large-scale arrests. In response to this the Jews who remained tried to go into hiding as quickly as possible or managed to become integrated in the non-Jewish population with false identity papers. In addition, the often East European background of the Jews played a role in this: they had fled antisemitism before in their home countries, and were familiar with both the methods and the terrible consequences of persecution.

Eggert Reeder, the chief of the military regime in Belgium reported to Berlin in December 1942: “Die noch im Lande verbliebenen Juden halten sich verborgen, so daß die später geplante Durchführung weiterer Abtransporte sehr schwierig sein wird.” (“The Jews who remained in the country are in hiding, and consequently their planned transportation will be very difficult.”)

In other words the Germans tricked the Dutch and Dutch jews into a false sense of security.

What also was of influence was the fact that the Belgians and French years before the Dutch were sent of to forced labour in Germany, thus sparking early resistance and hide organisations. After the brutal handling of the February Strike the Dutch were deterred from action and by the time the same situation as in Belgium and France arose the German tactics already had most Dutch Jews taken to Germany.

From the Griffioen/Zeller book:

Explaining the differences in the number of victims
    The large number and percentage of Jewish victims in the Netherlands compared with Belgium and France can be explained in the first place by the fact that in the Netherlands, the German police had sole authority over the organization and execution of the deportations, independently of the occupying regime and the local authorities. This applied to a lesser extent in Belgium and not at all for France.

After the razzias and the February strike in 1941, the occupying authorities transported the Jews as unobtrusively as possible, using misinformation and deceit. This was in contrast with what was happening in Belgium and France when the deportations started there in 1942: the razzias were carried out with violence so that the remaining Jews soon tried to flee or go into hiding.

Another important difference was the late development in the Netherlands of organized resistance and networks for people who were going into hiding. The opportunities for Jews to go into hiding developed fairly soon after the start of the deportations in Belgium and France as a result of the cooperation between the Jewish and non-Jewish resistance.

I give this elaborate explanation, while knowing it’s a futile endevour given the poster’s history of not being open to information.

My family has payed in blood to the brutal fascist regimes of Germany and Japan and part of my family is Jewish with members who did not return from German camps. So the last thing I am prepared to swallow is shit from a US poster about Dutch Jews.

21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    IMO, there's no need to comeback just because he's trolling . He didn't say the Dutch were innocent. What he said about the US is true.

22. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1289795912995233792 is not a valid tweet id

And note that while the cops have trouble NOT killing people they already have in cuffs, six civilians manages to not kill this douche.

23. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO. ********ING. WORD......

1289974937105469440 is not a valid tweet id

Auriaprottu and sitruc repped this.
  24. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully he'll be in prison and can't vote in November. But notice how plenty of guys challenged him and he went around them, but the first woman to challenge him got hit? Brave man, not a coward at all, and surely not sexist in any way.

onefineesq repped this.