Racing - Valencia

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Mar3k, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Mar3k

Mar3k Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Bermuda
    Another scrappy game. Ranieri changed his team again and again it didn't work.
    Playing Mista and Sissoko in midfield. I thought Mista was a striker but I was wrong. Sissoko is useless. He has one good pass for 3 bad ones. Great rate for a professional player. Then when midfield needs some inspiration Rufete comes on hoofing long balls into no man land. Aimar had a pretty bad game too. Trying to beat 5 opponents everytime he got the ball.

I guess all Valencia need now is a holly water.

Next week playing at Sevilla. If Valencia is gonna play the way they played their last games they will get slaughtered.

2. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    it was a tough match with less flow and cordination, i thought the wizard aimar was brilliant in the opening minutes then faded away as the game progressed. very poor tactical changes by ranieri indeed, sissoko was played out of position and it was evident he struggled to assert his authority on the midfied
    the link play between the midfield and the attack also failed.i think you guys will be more motivated when you take on sevilla away, since they are a few points above you and you need to beat them.. it will be a tough match though so you have to brave your self for a stern test.. however on a more positive note, they were also unimpressive in thier loss versus sociedad. i still believe if ranieri can put out a good line up you guys will be back to last season`s brilliant form.. good luck versus julio baptista`s sevilla.

3. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    what's up with cañizares on the bench? is he really off form or what is ranieri doing?

4. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the Claudio Ranieri school of coaching.

5. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    ranieri`s days are numbered i really don`t see him sticking around that long at che.. i mean no body understands his coaching methods and tactics. look at the squad he puts out week in and out , so much rotation and changes that the team can not develop as a cordinated unit, now i think i`ve got the answer to why you guys are struggling it`s him. never in che history have i seen a manager who the players have lost confidence in.

out of the uefa cup, damn i`m sure the management is secretly searching for his replacement.. it was the same thing with chelsea last season total chaos i`m not suprised that players such as crespo and veron are enjoying a new lease of life in the serie A..

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

the reason i`m expressing so much anger to ranieri is that he is trying to take valencia back to where it was years back, a good but not competitive side.. yet we all want to see a dominant che side playing in the champ league not the uefa cup and then crashing out to Steaua Bucurest.canizares used to be one of the best shot stoppers in the game he is out of favor as far as ranieri is concerned. aimar one of the naturally gifted creative forces in the game is being wasted.. well at least if ranieri doesn`t leave soon i know aimar won`t be at the mestalla come summer.

even players who played brilliantly under benitez last season like mista, albelda are all playing below par..Marco Di Vaio is a shadow of his former self with juve.. lets wait and see how your season goes next up for you guys is a potentially tricky match versus sevilla. ranieri better work all his tactics and get full points otherwise the clock is fast clicking for his era..
    see you guys sunday when you take on julio baptista`s sevilla and good luck

6. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't see any way that he keeps his job after the season. Going from champions of Spain and UEFA Cup winners to sixth place in La Liga and crashing out early in the Cup (after a poor CL showing) is unexcusable.

Seriously, is he somehow plotting to destroy the team? He might have the worst managerial skills of any coach I've seen in any sport. I would be shocked to see Aimar & co. sticking around this summer. :(

7. Mar3k

Mar3k Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Bermuda
    He benched him after 3-3 against sociedad. I have to say Canizares' faults led to 2 goals. But he was one of the most consistent Valencia players and benching him after 2 mistakes?

I think Ranierir is finished after the fiasco in Bucharest.

8. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    ahhhh...the tinkerman strikes again...and unfortunately for Valencia fans, it once again splattered against Ranieri's face....shame really....he seems a nice fellow, but nice isn't not a needed characteristic for a winning coach...

...just curious as to who Valencia would want taking over? Any rumours?

9. Argentina Girl

Argentina Girl New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    There are rumours about Valencia being in contact with Ajax coach Ronald Koeman.