Racing Santander v Real Madrid|La Liga|04-14-07[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by nuff_said, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Real Racing Club de Santander v Real Madrid Club de Fútbol
    BigSoccer Official Match Thread | 12 Matches - 12 Finals

[​IMG]
    • Date: Sunday, 15 April 2007
    • Time : 2000 CET
    • Racing Santander Current League Form/Standing: 8th WDWWD
      Seville-0-0
      Athletic 5-4
      Valencia-0-2
      Espanyol 1-1
      Osasuna 1-0
    • Venue: Estadio El Sardinero

[​IMG]
      Real Madrid League Match > UEFA Champions League Quarterfinals

• Relevant Fixtures
      15/04/2007 1900 CET Barcelona - Mallorca
      15/04/2007 2100 CET Valencia - Sevilla

2. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    Re: Racing Santander v Real Madrid|La Liga|04-15-07[R]

ONe Club...ONe Love....I like that :p

3. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Nice thread nuff_said !!
    Hope u keep making more of these and hope we keep demolishing the opposition teams ..

4. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA

Nuff, that is one great thread starter! The opponents emblems are a very artistic touch, and I like the way you've crossed out the previous ones. Good choice of pics, too.

Hala Madrid and Nuff_Said!

5. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines

I hate you nuff_said! All my rep points somehow get to your match starters! :mad:

:D :p

EDIT: I gotta spread some rep... you see!!!

6. nassar_7

nassar_7 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Pakistan
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan

grt thread as usual....

lets get down to the business... another hard test passed with flying colours... and lest hope this next test is also passed comprehensively ....
    the side shud be..

----------------------------casillas--------------------------------------ramos-------helguera----------------cannavaro---------torres/marcelo
    ---------------------------diarra---------------------------------------------------------------------gago-----------------------------------------------higuain-------------------------------------robinho------------------------------------------raul-------------------------------------------------------------------RVN------------------------------------------

gago should start even though emerson pld grt and if diarra or gago is not playing well then we can get him on... guti should also be on the bench as in the last fixture the chemistry between raul and robinho had been grt...

another tight match but i think we will run out slight victors....... 2-1 to madrid............ hala madrid..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid

OMG I gotta spread rep .. I love you nuff_said, your Filipino awesomeness is shining so brightly :D

I'll make a real post after this love post :D

EDIT: I love how the crossed out teams are all ticks as well, passed tests! :D

8. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I love how Robinho is grabbing the badge .. that is a very nice touch. Hope he stays for a long long time :)

Tough game, but I have no reason to not believe we will win this. Our away form is win. Hope we can break our away game victory record in this game! And then go on to win the title! Hala Madrid!

0-3 Madrid, clinical dominance, RvN to get on the scoresheet, Beckham to provide at least one assist, and I'll go out on a limb and say Casillas, thats right Casillas will score us a goal :D

9. nassar_7

nassar_7 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Pakistan
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan

^ haha grt.. i think that is the only thing casillas has n't done for us lolzz.. by the way i think becks should not be rushed and should be on the bench rather than starting.. and robinho rocksssssssss........ hala madrid hala robinhoo... i tip it to be tough faught and a 2-1 for us.. robinhho and higuain to score... i hope i get the score prediction right.. lolzz..

10. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006

This will be a very hard game for us but i reckon we can do it. we play well away for home. so lets see. We need to keep the spirt high and see how it goes thank god the game is saturday night too. We could be top over saturday night :)

11. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I'm not so optimistic after I saw the fact that Racing have beaten Valencia 2-0 and drawn with Sevilla in the last 3 weeks :(

Playing at El Sardinero is a daunting prospect regardless of their form. Zigic scares the shizz outta me really. A monster in every sense of the word. Keeping him tied down will be pivotal in winning us the match :) . Gago and Guti will return for the next game, but honestly I'd go with -

_______________Iker_______________

Ramos___Helguera__Canna_____Carlos

_________Emerson_Diarra___________

Beckham___________________Robinho

_________Raul____Ruud____________

Helguera has been in decent nick off late, and Ramos did great at RB against Osasuna, so I don't see why Capello wouldn't stick with that. Torres said he suffered a minor injury against Osasuna, and even though he should be fit, I'd prefer Carlos on that left back position, also partly because he combines so well with Robinho.

I thought the midfield looked very balanced against Osasuna, and because of the absence of Guti, it allowed other players to attack more. All that was lacking I felt, was more crosses into the box, because Ramos was the only one doing that, and thus the inclusion of Beckham for Higuain.

Ruud is obviously untouchable in that slot upfront, and I thought Raul did brilliantly when he got back to his favourite position.

3 points here, and its 4 wins on the trot and one more 'final' out of the way. Garay and Munitis are other Racing players to watch out for...

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Beckham has a lonmg lay-off. His match fitness may be a cocern. Let use him as a sub. Reyes played in the last mtach, but I admitted that I did not really notice him by that point.

13. Roberto_Carlos3

Roberto_Carlos3 New Member

Nov 28, 2006
    P.R.

Yeah we gotta watch out with zigic and munitis= good team work...any how if we win we will be first!!!...for atlest one day hehe....hoping that barcelona and sevilla loses...doesnt matter if valencia wins the wont affect us

14. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench

Just to put this game into some context...
    Racing's home record is p14 w8 d3 l3 ....which might not seem too outstanding until you realize that 2 of those defeat were against Atleti and Barca in weeks 1 and 3 of the season(you may recall Racing only took 2 points from their first 5 games and were bottom of the table) . Since September they have only lost once at home and that was way back in December to Zaragoza.

With us needing to win, I think everyone should be aware that this will be every bit as hard a test as forthcoming games against Valencia, Sevilla and Zaragoza.

15. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney

Ziggic=next Ibrahimovic

It's a pretty big wrap but I think he can be that good, he is one hell of a presence in the air, his first touch is good, he holds the ball up well and very capable of linking up with midfield. He and Munitis are the main reason Racing are doing so well this season, I am not looking forward to seeing him against Canna could be John Carew all over again.:(

IMO we should go same lineup as last week except RC for Torres. Robinho looks to be hitting a bit of form lately let's hope it continues this week same with Raul and even Emerson. Sub Reys for Raul 2nd half, Cicinho for Ramos and Becks for Emerson/Diarra.

16. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA

RC is an injury worry: New one today......Achilles tendonitis.
    Torres: no tear in his calf muscle, just edema (swelling). Should be fit by game day.

solarz, would you really take off 3 people with defensive capabilities and replace them when facing Zigic and Munitis? I'd have to think twice about that. Take off Ramos and Diarra or Emerson, and the only person you have left with any height to defend against Zigic is Helguera.....ewwww.

17. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney

Good point, I guess sub Higuain for Beckham or even Ruud and let Higuain lead the attack?

Anyway it depends on the flow of the game I am expecting a high scoring game. (2-2, 2-3)

18. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA

we'll also need Ramos and Diarra or Emerson for their aerial ability on corners, etc.
    I'm expecting a tight, down to the wire, game. I want us to go full steam at them, never letting off the gas. I'd like to see both Cicinho and Marcelo get some match minutes in this game at some point.

19. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles

No matter if he plays CB or RB, when Racing has a corner, you'll see Ramos run over to Zigic and start attaching himself to his shirt like a scrappy leech.

The problem is during open play vs. Helguera or Cannavaro. This may be a good game for the Diarra/Emerson middle-clogging destroyer tandem. I think this is going to be a tough game. Can't underestimate a motivated Racinguista Army.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I'd like Ramos covering Zigic this game. You just cant let Cannavaro and Helguera cover him.

They suck against big guys (remember what carrew did to them?)

We should be careful and not make fouls near our danger zone. 2 DM's are a must imo because they will try to defend and play on counter attack and try to score from free kicks.

21. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum

Didn't know where else to post this

Robinho on kissing the badge
    ...A legend in the making :D

22. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA

Game is Saturday the 14th instead of Sunday? I noticed at realmadrid.com this am they mentioned the game will be on ppv Saturday, here is the listing for GolTV:
    Sat Apr 14 11:00AM Pacific
    Sat Apr 14 12:00PM Mountain
    Sat Apr 14 01:00PM Central
    Sat Apr 14 02:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr LIVE
    GolTV (US)
    Futbol de Espana - La Liga
    Racing de Santander vs Real Madrid

23. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum

That's weird :confused:

Could a MOD PLEASE CHANGE THE DATE

24. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Goddammit nuff_said!!!!! Cant you do your job properly???

*looks down @ nuff_said, with nuff_said's hands coving his head for protection*

25. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    You don't need height to defend against someone as tall as Zigic - he should win almost every header. What you need is to put him under pressure and be aware of defending the knock-downs. The worst thing you can do is to identify him as your primary danger and take your eye off the runners. Zigic has nine goals in the league - but also five assists.