Racing Fans:on 5.8.08 at 8pm our friends in NE Philly have a Horse Race event for you...

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Talleyville United, May 4, 2009.

1. Talleyville United

Talleyville United New Member

May 19, 2007
    Talley-Ho, Dellawhur
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    For those who lost the Derby this weekend (who didn’t!) there is a 2nd chance for you to get your horse racing fix on….

Our good friends at the Polish American String Band have extended an invitation to us to join them for their “Night at The Races”. You may remember that for our team announcement day on 2.28.08 and stadium groundbreaking day on 12.1.08, the Polish American String Band provided us with us with music and most importantly they played “Four Leaf Clover” for us as we spread the SoB word to the Delaware Valley.

This springtime fundraiser for them works the same as many other “Racing” events you may have been to in the past. Selected horse races will be shown at their hall and you buy your horse in advance and take your shot.

For $5: your beer, buffet food & soft drinks are covered.

A cash bar is available is available for those with different tastes.

When: Friday May 8th 2009 8pm to 12 midnight

Where: Their Hall at Richmond Street & Allegheny Ave. in Port Richmond
    (It is right off the Allegheny Ave. exit ramp for 1-95 South)

You just can't beat the price.

They are a great organization & a great group of guys. As the SoB’s grow as an organization, we would like to be able to do similar things for ourselves down the road & return the invitation to groups like them in the future.

I am not a big horse racing guy but I’ll be there, hope you will be too. If you have any questions on directions PM me.

2. Talleyville United

Talleyville United New Member

May 19, 2007
    Talley-Ho, Dellawhur
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    * Bump*

key phrase about this beef & beer above...
    For $5: your beer, buffet food & soft drinks are covered. :D

hope to see you there.