[R] Wolves vs. The Arsenal Football Club, April 11

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by KevTheGooner, Apr 9, 2012.

1. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If Ramsey wins a penalty, does someone famous have a near-death experience?

2. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ref showed Wolves a little bit of sympathy there.

3. Loose Cannon

Loose Cannon Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'd bet he wouldn't want to be injured either. He needs to think long term. Golden Boot is his, just take a rest FFS.

Also, there had to be more Gooners in Molineux than Wolves fans by the 70th.

4. luvgunners

luvgunners Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Cornelius, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No worries, only if he scores....:D

5. luvgunners

luvgunners Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Cornelius, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Another goal for us please... i am just being greedy here....

6. luvgunners

luvgunners Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Cornelius, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Game over. 3 goals - 3 points. Simple as that!!!

Thank you boys! Great job by everyone!

7. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    +3 in the goal differential department is nice, too. Good job boys.

8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Wigan knocks off ManU, how about that?!

So maybe the top isn't done & dusted yet.

But the bottom sure seems to be.

Sorry to see anyone have to go down... in this case the venerable Wolves.

Anyway, well done lads... 5pts of daylight to Spurs and 4th place. :D :D :D

9. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this pretty much sums up my frustration. there was no need to have van persie on the pitch after benayoun's goal. he came close to an injury a couple of times and was walking kind of tender off the pitch (probably from that play inside the box).

10. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yossi was MOTM today. Santos was not very good. I guess he is a bit rusty. Song was brilliant as usual but should have taken a few shots too! Good easy win. I wanted to see some of our spares. On to the next one. Cheers!

11. Loose Cannon

Loose Cannon Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hopefully Wigan got giant-killing out of their system today. Prepare for a return to your normal state of ass-raping, Latics!!!

12. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    it did. and some of the articles i did see did come pre-announcement. but it still doesn't change that, if the idea is to have the SK team captain to boost name recognition in that market (as well as general asia), having him buried in purgatory isn't going to help that. rather it will have an opposite effect of resentment.

13. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    except for the stupidity of blaming bassong's sent off on walcott, wolves fans were terrific today. kudos to them. they were loud all the way through the first half, even down 0-2. and the ole bit and "boring, boring" chant was amusing. normally, our away fan shas home crowd beat easy.

14. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    when i lived in Burton-Upon-Trent, when we went a man down early, all you could do is have fun with it... we knew we were going to get hammered anyway..

nothing learned from this match... looked like a training session.

15. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy victory but rather unconvincing performance from the usual suspects, Ramsey and Djourou. The team went collectively to sleep the second half and the Big Pole had much more work to do than expected. Anyway, won't complain too much....We are 5 points ahead of the Spurs and in prime position to finish third. COYG.

16. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    while i realize the media shouldn't matter to me (and doesn't for the most part)..
    we will get hammered for thinking a 3rd place finish is a successful season...

sorry, this isn't the thread for such a subject...

17. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the funny thing about this season is that we will probably finish in a higher place than last season.

We will probably also end up with more points.

we are currently scoring more goals per game, and only one shut out behind last season.

We also are very close to goals per game conceded as well vs last season, and this with an 8 goal match in there.

18. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering that we were in 15th seven weeks into the season, 3rd is as successful as it was ever going to get. Hell when Sperz were third much of the season, the media saw it as a tremendous triumph and were handing Redknapp the keys to the England squad.

BTW, whatever happened to that? The media keep using 'Arry's imminent departure as the excuse for Tottnumb's tailspin, but will he ever actually get the job?

19. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    in aug, after we lost cesc and nasri, i didn't think we'd make it to 3rd

20. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    Szczesnys save, gave me a flashback to when I was a 'yoot' .:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2gueytEK7E"]Gordon Banks for England - YouTube[/ame]

21. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    our lame cup runs have hurt our credibility.. wtf happened in that sunderland match?
    at any rate, its funny to hear sperz fans want 'arry out.... they've been exposed over a long season.

22. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yup, and because of their cup runs, Liverpool have had an amazing season which gives them all types of credibility

[​IMG]

if you want to be negative after seeing hte team win 9 out of 10 and turn around this season in a positive way, then just say it. Dont try to play people like they are stupid, we arent.

23. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Ramsey had a number of very creative passes today that for one reason or another didn't come off. Off the top of my head, on one of them Van Persie slipped on a pass that would likely have put him in on goal, on another about 6 inches more elevation would have cleared the head of the defender and put another player in on goal. I thought his passing was very good today and his movement and work rate are always good. But when a young midfielder scuffs his shots, people jump to the conclusion that he's not Arsenal quality. If I remember correctly, when Song was Ramsey's age he wasn't considered Arsenal quality by quite a few posters either.

24. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunderland? We started with Coquelin at fullback and replaced him with Squillaci after 10 minutes. It was never going to turn out well.

25. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Comfortable, didn't expect much less.

Connor's voice sounds like he's perpetually hoarse. And Szcenzy's save was world class. he's better than Joe Hart, and can become the Peter Schmeichel of his generation.

Ramsey hasn't impressed me greatly since he's been in the team, but I'll give him time.