[R] Wolly

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Section113, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Was he even IN MLS last year??

2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Doesn't matter. Give it to him off his previous stints in MLS.

3. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hey bigfoot, could you post a link to Wolly's goal when you get a chance? I saw it happen right in font of me but I had a few too many pints in me to remember exacly what I saw.

4. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Wolis reaction after the goal. At first he was just excited that he scored the game winner, but the he paused and it looked like he was thinking "OH MY GOD I CANT BELEIVE I JUST DID THAT"

it was really great.

5. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Simply stunning. But do not forget that it was a beautifully struck ball by Guevara.

6. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    What a cracker of a goal. That is the kind of stuff you see everywhere else in the world. I wish i could happen more often here. Wonderful stuff.
    VIVA METROS!

7. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    My thoughts exactly. You couldn't have scripted a better ending.

8. metrosct

metrosct New Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Rowayton, CT
    I watched on TV - but missed the MSG telecast. Fox Sports World showed the game on Tape Delay. At the start of OT, they announce that they've run out of time (MLS Wrap was to follow) and won't show the OT but that the Metrostars had won. Next they show a replay of the goal.

What an awesome goal - I only wish I would have seen it in the run of play. Very poor job by Fox Sports World.

9. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Stuff like THAT is also pretty rare "everywhere else in the world."

10. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Actually, he's quite right. My scottish friend who follows 2nd division teams asked what the big deal was - every week he sees speculative "hoof it up the park and hope something lucky happens".

Granted it was the one time in a million that something that lucky and absolutely beautiful happened.

But it really was a lucky hoof up the park (or hail mary considering the football lines)

11. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I went bonkers and banana's. I keep rewinding the tape to see how the hell that happened. For those who think that Jon Busch could have gotton a handle on that or tried to make a save, you are absolutly f-ed up.

No way that Jon Busch could have thought it was going to nail the top corner to his left. That might be wide, or over the crossbar. But no it was nailed PERFECTLY!

Busch couldn't touch that one, nor did he move on that one. Woly is our big time spark off the bench.

12. djdustmite

djdustmite New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NJ

Agreed, and what a flat team those MLS Wrap guys are on Color. Shep and Cangialosi (sp?) gave that whole thing an added dimension. Shep was actually speechless for a few seconds, I think the producer must have reminded him that he was on-air.

MSG gets two thumbs up.