[r]we Need More Threads About How Great Herculez Is!!!! [r]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Calexico77, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry for the all caps.

I just finished watching the game against the Rev's, who, despite recent problems, are still the best team in the league, I think.

His goal with Donovan was absolute gold. That kind of accuracy, that far from the goal, at a full sprint . . . .

This boy is our future.

-adam

2. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been hitting the target well from outside the box. I'm very happy with him and I like the pairing of him and Lando up front. He's been the one real bright spot this season.

3. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    At least he has been one of the few bright spots of late. :(

4. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the Galaxy FO should send Sampson on a scouting trip to Las Vegas to see if he can find any more players like that. Like maybe from now until about the end of November...

5. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A four month business trip to Vegas? Not sure MLS could afford that...but I'd gladly take the challenge. :cool:

6. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    It's pretty sick how he never really started thinking about playing professional soccer until he was a senior in high school, and how he's now showing better skill than guys who have spent a lifetime working towards the same goal (pun only slightly intended).

7. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely.

And we arrange for him to stay in the Senator Geary Suite.

[​IMG]
    [You might remember the good Senator from Godfather Part II.]

8. GalaxyFutbolForever

GalaxyFutbolForever New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Los Angeles!
    Amazing young player. He's so good.

9. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"Coach Sampson, I can give you my offer right now, if you like.

My offer is this: Nothing".

I thought that was all in Lake Tahoe, though

10. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    what's the chant for herc?

11. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The kid is playing very well. He seems fearless and comfortable with the ball. Having Donovan along side him is a great match. BUT, it's still too early to tell just how good this kid is until he's consistantly playing full 90 mins with that same intensity.

IMO, jury's still out on Herc.

12. Boricua

Boricua New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Reseda, CA
    I know some of you may not like this but, I hope Herculez replaces Kiro.

I'm tired of that guy playing and not doing $**T. I'm glad some else steped up to the plate and show FIRE-SAMPSON that we have a guy (for now) better than Naldo and Kiro that can score.

I hope he can continue to produce. Keep up the good work. I'm my book Herculez is the Galaxy player of the month.

13. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Herc's chant is:

Herculez, Herculez, Herculez!

Repeat, louder each time, until the entire stadium is chanting.

There are probably more for him, but that's the only one I've ever heard clearly.

14. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    I just watched that movie about Howard Hughes... with that guy who I thought couldn't act, but was actually pretty good in the movie, uhhmm... ya know from Titanic.

Anyways, in the movie it says that Hughes named his giant airplane "The Hercules" and I guess it was the "disparaging" media that began calling it, of course, the "Spruce Goose."

The point is, we should protect Herculez by beating the media to the punch before they can label our new star forward. We can have one side of the stadium chant "Spruce" and the other side replies "Goose" back and forth in a kind of contest. The announcer can be instructed to call him "Spruce Goose Gomez."

This is a strong tenet of the feminist theory, the reclaiming of words.

15. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great goal for Herculez against the Revs. It would have been even more beautiful if he had finished that long chip over Matt Reis that he tried after the quick pass from Donovan to Vagenas to Herc.

Anyone remember this?......

Hercules, hero of song & story
    Hercules, winner of ancient glory
    Fighting for the right, fighting with his might
    With the strength of 10 ordinary men!

Hercules, people will sing when near him
    Hercules, only the evil fear him
    Softness in his eyes, fire in his thighs
    Virtue in his heart, fire in every part
    Of the mighty Hercules!!!!

I think this was the theme song of a cartoon in my childhood. Not really sure. The words might be wrong - who knows?? It has a VERY rousing tune.

16. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    True, but it is something that they have learned from men, b/c men (in patriarchal societies) have patrimony (power) of the "word".

2 quick examples: up until the early 19th century, the figure of Don Juan (the incorrigible abusive seductor of women) was a nefarious character condemned to hell. Come the 19th century, this evil figure was "reclaimed" and made a positive one who ends up going to heaven. A couple examples would be Lord Byron and even the movie _Don Juan De Marcos_.

Example #2: the word "dog" refering to a guy...

Back in the DAY, yo, (early 80s) it was a word used by African American women to denegrate a guy. Men reclaimed the word and ascribed it w/ a positive connotation. Example supreme: Snoop Dogg. Not even TEN YEARS after the widespread usage of this negative word, men had already stripped it of its power.

Remember the word "f.a.g." and how it was theee insult word? Gay men went on an active campaign and called everybody and their brother ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******... and stripped the word of its negative meaning.

The lesson: men have patrimony of the culture of the "word", and it is part of the feminist agenda (the radical notion that ppl should be treated equally regardless of gender) to actively teach women the power of the word.

[/tangent]

edit: I guess you can't say F to the A to the G., yo, on B to the S.

17. feyenoord!!

feyenoord!! Member

Jun 1, 2004
    USA
    Maybe one of you should start a poll asking how long it will take before Sampson will get to Herculez' psyche and screw him up also?

1 month
    5 weeks
    6 weeks