[R] SoB vs AC Brilliant - Oct 13th @ 5 PM

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Dills, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Volpeap

Volpeap New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Chalfont
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soooo, Im assuming we lost?

2. saxxman99

saxxman99 New Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Philly
    Came up on the short end...but it was 0-0 at half, we just got worn down in the second half. Still a good effort, and I'll be back next week...looks like we are playing against teams that have been together longer than us.

BTW, how hot was #9 on the opposing team, she can score on me anytime!

Brian

3. Volpeap

Volpeap New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Chalfont
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, dont worry bout it guys. We'll come away with a win next week.

4. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    lol; you guys have just found who the hottest girl in the league is and the reason i guest play for them a lot (I was in goal the first half yesterday). You'll have to fight off pretty much every guy in the league though if you want to get to her.

5. Jpizz3

Jpizz3 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Hatboro
    We just need to remember not to revert to pee-wee style play by chasing the ball around. When we play our game we dominate, when we get baited into playing the other teams game we wear ourselves down by running too much and scrambling to clear. We need to remember that we are a far better defensive team than we are offensive, so just play our own game and we should be fine. The goals will come. We have a tough game this week and we need to realize that while we may be playing down we can't deflate and just give up, as it appeared yesterday. I know that we have a good team here, we just need to come together, know our positions and play our style.

PS- Im returning next week to play forward

6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well we WERE playing uphill in the second half ...

:p

7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh, and in my opinion, the man of the match is none other than golden balls himself ... keystonecorey

[​IMG]

a bunch of chances off the noggin ... either just a bit over or wide of the goal, and that free kick that glanced off the crossbar ... so close.

8. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can barely walk today...having a rough go at work

9. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I severly injured my Groin and foot. I might just have to take the right leg off :) I will let you guys know how the injuries progress. As of now i would not be able to play.

Also since we lack offense would it be viable for us to go to a 4-3-3 as we are definitely a kick and chase sort of team. We really are not to good at moving the ball through the midfield. Just a thought especially since Pizzle will be at 90% and will be playing forward.

Also I will stand in line for that girl to score on me anyday :)

10. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i am suprised you can talk with all the yelling at the refs you did. :)

11. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow...i am very loud sometimes...was it really that bad...cause i just like to let them know when they are wrong

12. N-I-C-H-O

N-I-C-H-O New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those refs were god awful. The one asshole had a comment to make after every goal I wanted to kick him in the mouth.

13. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they were like jay and silent bob ... the one wouldn't stop yapping the entire time, while the other would only blow his whistle and make hand gestures.

14. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the guy on the farside is absolutely woeful...i have had a number of encounters with him over the years...and he has no control...at least the guys in the other team were cool for the most part...but he is even worse when the game gets chippy

15. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when jim (phillypride) subbed me out near the end of the game, i left on the touch line opposite ours, taking the long way around the field behind our goal. i got about halfway when the ache in my heels turned to stabbing pain. they usually bother me when i first get up in the morning, with the pain subsiding after 10-15 minutes or so, and do on occasion when i'm doing physical activities.

pizzo asked me what was wrong - dunno if i was hobbling or anything - and i did say how my heels were killing me. doing some amateur doctor sleuthing, it would seem my HEEL SPURS are a result (more or less) from the PLANTAR FASCIITIS i have.

ouch. :eek:

16. Huey is a SoB

Huey is a SoB New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Bensalem
    I was actually encouraged by our midfield possession, where Corey definately helped by holding the ball and allowing our forwards and midfielders to move into attacking runs. Where have you been all this time? Are you coming back? All we lacked was that final pass or touch in the offensive third, but we definately were not used to possessing the ball as much on offense. Either way, need to make the best of it.
    Once we lost the composure and communication in the back they scored a bunch, we are definately a much more capable team defensively than this game shows. Their first goal energized them. I was at the back post in the first half when their defender headed our shot off their goal line, if that went in, entirely different game.
    I like E-Rock's suggestion of going with a 4-3-3, it will force other teams to take a more defensive stance and give us more options going forward.

17. Volpeap

Volpeap New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Chalfont
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (i wasnt at this past weeks game), but from the other games I have been to, i think a 4-3-3 might work, it seems like alot of the teams we face just try and flood their offensive third. If we put another foward up that will force them to keep another man back, or we will have advantage.

18. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should see how much the other team presses...the team we played a couple of weeks ago only had one guy remotely close to me when I was playing up and at midfield when the ball was in our end...if we're going to play a 4-3-3 we're going to need some big boots out of our wingbacks and midfielders to break the strikers. I fear putting an extra guy forward will loosen our really tight defense, though...

19. Huey is a SoB

Huey is a SoB New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Bensalem
    Yeah I hear that, it seems that our midfield tends to disapear though, not our defenders. Another scenario I thought over was playing the 3-5-2, with two defensive mids. Before everyone slams this formation, if the left and right central mids are designated to getting back and defending more so than attacking, it actually gives us 5 defenders. The left and right defenders go to the flanks when the opposition is playing for a cross, and the d-mids come back to cover the middle and close down attackers and passing lanes. I'm not saying this is what we should do by any means but just felt like waxing philosophic on strategy, anyone please interject.
    I don't think we need to be overly concerned about not defending, b/c that is the one thing we have been able to do well. What we are lacking is offense. They closed us down so quickly we harldy got any shots off, also that was due to them having to throw volunteers in the net, but it didn't matter b/c we didn't shoot. If we aren't able to put teams away, they will be able to hang on like they did Saturday. It almost felt like a role reversal of our victory two weeks ago, with our team having a good amount of possession but nothing to show for it.
    And on a more personal note, I'm not a big fan of 5 pm games, anyone else?

20. Volpeap

Volpeap New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Chalfont
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea when we played Haggard and i was playing up top, they only kept the sweeper back and thats pretty much it for the middle of the field...both of the goals we scored against them, there were not many defenders back.

21. jaquaftw

jaquaftw New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Mpls
    Ouch. You and Steve Francis.

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice effort guys, better luck next time. Also, I hope everyone injured gets better soon. We seem to be dropping like flies.