[R] Real Madrid - Hamburgo - Emirates Cup

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Fuera del Juego, Aug 2, 2008.

1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pretty much agree with you on this. I know others see DelaRed playing more of a forward role, but I've never fancied him as such, he just doesn't have the ball skills or inherent creativity that Sneijder or Guti have...he's always reminded me of Gago and Gago of him since Fernando's arrival in Spain. They played together once or twice, and I thought they could be interchangeable. Gago and DelaRed have both improved since then, which is why it'll be very interesting to see what Bernd has planned in midfield this season.....Versatility and Flexibility in terms of formation options is a great problem to have, though.

2. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great to sit on these forums reading real time updates :eek: Can't wait!

I always thought Javi Garcia was a versatile player, ie. originally a AM, but now CM DM CB SB .. completely out of his depth? Or just getting his feet dirty? :)

Good times! Hala Madrid!

3. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I'm not going to argue about his performance, it was poor, but I'm not going to write him off just yet. It is a learning process in a new position for him as well.

That's a good line :D,but not true of the game....but for getting skinned a couple of times(no shame considering the circumstances), Salgado had a pretty good game.

4. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
  5. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Agreed. De la Red can play in Sneijder's or Gago's position. And if Schuster wants to strengthen the midfield when we are winning he can use him instead of a more creative mid, or play with four mids like the two last games of the season. Plenty of opportunities for him in the season.

Javi García is a DM, plus he's got a good shot, which is lost when he's playing as CB.