[R] Real Madrid - Hamburgo - Emirates Cup

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Fuera del Juego, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Madrid_Yank

Madrid_Yank New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If anyone's watching Goltv right now, did you just see this; Real Madrid 2 - Hamburger 1. That isn't right, is it?

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's Hamburger SV as in "Hamburger Sport-Verein" (Hamburgian(?) Sports Club).

So, yeah, Hamburger on it's own is funny, and wrong.

3. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    If anyone cares, Arsenal - Juve is about to start

4. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Juve Arsenal kicking off.

5. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    English Stream if anyone wants

6. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He's 19, IIRC.

I don't understand why we are selling Granero and not keeping this guy.

Great game by Diarra, Robben, Guti, Salgado...

Great result considering the defenders we had.

7. Pipitinha

Pipitinha New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Center of Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I really enjoyed the match. Is only a preseason game, but i was desperate for football!!! And Real is showing a very solid team. It seems we do not need too much things from last year. And if Robben is fit all the year...

8. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    They just showed the entire squad watching the Arse-Juve match

still 0-0

9. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I didn't see the second half, but while he was good going forward in the first half (I always enjoyed watching him go forward), his defense was really weak and it caused us some problems - which to be fair weren't made smaller by Javi Garcia at CB.

10. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    awesome, we're on top of the table

madrid +5
    juve +4
    hamburg +1
    that shite english team, oh yeah arsenal big fat ZEROOO :D

11. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much of a drinking game after all. The Sky Sports announcers only mentioned C Ronaldo twice - I guess that situation is a sore point with the English.

I thought Salgado played great in the first half. He stole the ball and made the assist and two of his open field tackles broke up goal scoring opportunities. He seemed to run out of steam in the second half.

Diarra looked good. Garcia looked surprisingly comfortable as a central defender. What a cross from Callejon.

Good game.

12. LosMereTicos

LosMereTicos Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    if we can Hold Arsenal and Hamburg can hold Juve

1st trophy of the season =P

13. Peace123

Peace123 New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Earth:
    How are the points calculated. I tried to figure it out from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_Cup. But failed, miserably.

14. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.

1 additional point for every goal scored.

15. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Either Marca or AS reported recently that they were really advanced in their preseason training and ahead of the rest of the squad, so it's not really that surprising. But it's still nice to see them do good for us. :)

I'm with you on this one. I thought Salgado was poor defensively. It seems also clear that Javi García isn't a CB.

16. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Javi Garcia looked petrified every time the ball came near him. He apparently had a poor first game and today's performance could well be down to nerves following that.
    Let's not start writing off players in preseason....I'm guessing we remember some of the Pepe quotes from last year eh?;)

But yeah he was poor....as was Baptista.

In contrast to Javi Garcia, I thought Parejo and Callejon both looked extremely assured in posession and Robinho took over from where Robben left off.

Salgado struggles against pacey players running at him, but defensively he reads the play well and twice saved our asses with great covering tackles...as well as looking good in attack.

We are way off full fitness but I thought the team is starting to play from memory...we look as though we know what we are trying to do at all times.
    Considering we were without Iker and you could argue our entire first choice backline...together with us being 2 or 3 weeks behind Hamburg's preperation, I thought we looked ok.

17. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Why the boo's, cause he's ex-Manchester???? :confused:

EDIT: Never mind, I remember the Keown incident now

BTW if anyone has highlights please post them, thanx ;)

18. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This poor Justin kid is gonna get buried in lawsuits some day :eek:

19. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    With Pepe you sort of saw there was CB material there if his head cooled down. No matter how much I look at Javi García, I can't see much aptitude for the position. Yeah, he's tall, but it's not the same to go for headers in midfield than to fight it out with physical forwards like Olic and Guerrero. And he has good ball-handling and passing, but that should be a bonus, not the defining characteristic of a CB. And his positioning is awful, or at least it was today.

That's just like a pyromaniac rescuing the cat while the building he set fire to burns down.

20. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Match Highlights:
    [youtube]Uv5qIatc7FU[/youtube]

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    :D

Very disappointed with Goltv. Those bastards. I was looking forward to watching the match.

22. rrrrrafik

rrrrrafik Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 26, 2007
    London
    What's wrong with GolTV? I watched the game on it this morning and plan on doing the same tomorrow...

23. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Not GolTV, Dish Network. They stopped airing it.

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, probably the benefits of maintaining a coaching staff and squad relatively unchanged (or with positive reinforcements), and exactly the reason why we all hoped Schuster would be successful and establish some continuity here. This is the way to build a team into a dominant force.

Although I watched on a crap stream, I must say again Diarra looked pretty confident and smooth out there...I'd love it if he could push Gago to improve even further.

I'd like to state again, I don't see how DelaRed, Diarra and Javi Garcia ALL fit into this squad...Baptista for other reasons is still a question mark. I think we still may see a departure or two before the summer is over.

25. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Javi Garcia seems to be the one that doesn't really fit. I see De la Red as a very versatile midfielder, he can play as DM or even as a pseudo attacking midfielder. I think this makes him more useful. I just don't see Javi Garcia getting many minutes if he's just the 3rd string DM, especially considering his displays at CB so far this pre-season.

All that said, I still think he could develop into a solid DM, just not sure he'll get a chance to do it with us.