R.N.N aka Real Madrid News Central & Everything Related .. Keeping It Real V5

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asterix

asterix Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Forbes won't bring a amount just out of the air like that. To answer Alma's question, yes it is the value and they value or "price" a club the same way as they price a company.

Operating income wise, Madrid is the top club. And amazingly a few weeks ago, reports came proclaiming Madrid was in a big financial mess.

2. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I didn't say it made up the amount or bring an amount out of the air .
    What i said that this is marketing and this is brand value.

I explained that Coca cola is said to be worth 100 billion(do you realize how much money that is)but in no way can they project enough income or no way their assets cover the 100 billion.
    Even if Pepsi do make a bigger profit for a year,since Coca is a bigger franchise and a more famous Brand it would still have a higher value.

So man utd have the more famous brand,it says nothing about our financial state,or the worth or quantity of our assets.
    It only says if you would desire to buy both clubs because right now,Man utd is more recognizable/desired in the world it would cost you more.

Forbes takes crap like Web hits and appearances in consideration when they come up with this stuff so finance wise it means very little.And if we buy C.ronaldo it would change in a year....We were top with the galactico era but now our finances are better and we actually developed our facilities.

3. Fung

Fung New Member

Jan 11, 2007
  4. asterix

asterix Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Who says coca cola is worth 100 billion? You are talking like a child here. Do you know what it means by "evaluating" a company? If today Coca Cola goes for sale, it won't be bought for $100 bn. The way it happens in financial markets is that, Coca Cola would appoint a firm to price itself. Many indicators and parameters are taken into account like net assets (fixed + variable), share prices, debts, brand value (a very complicated aspect to quantify), and many other aspects. There are companies which exist to only evaluate other companies. So when someone is saying that a X company is worth $100 bn, then you have to think that it is a layman's statement. Anyway, I don't want to teach you economics here.

I digressed. The answer lies in Fung's link. Man U has a huge debt. That explains their high net worth. ;)

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
  6. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Doesn't all that usually boil down to a premium on the share price?

7. asterix

asterix Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Yepp. But calculating that premium is the key. Typically, the offered price by the seller is more than the currently traded stock price in the financial market, but a lot more bargaining goes on there.

8. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    10x for not teaching me economics,i got the figure from a statistic in my book(guessing they came from the US ministry of finance) which says that the brand value of coca cola and not the company s worth is 100 billion.
    I do agree with all what you said but if it is brand value then i stand with what i said and because it is called the most valuable club.
    I thought of brand value because they also stated in several article it was also the biggest brand and most popular.(that might be my mistake reading from the reports rather than source).
    Also i get E(fashion crap channel excellent for gay people but when bored i do watch richest ...and) Forbes usually use crap like web hits,views and ....Now that i see it yeah i can get the point but being that higher than us because the glazer family took 800 million is a blessing.

If you want to Talk further about it PM me.

PS:i would prefer it if you wouldn't be that ***** rude with me because i m not an ignorant guy and this is actually my major,being and A hole doesn't improve u r point.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you called people retards the other day trying to prove your point!! Getting on someone else for being an a hole to prove a point? You should probably check yourself here...so, either dont be so sensitive and take it in return, or just don't do it yourself and you'll have a more vaild gripe.

P.S. Anyone on this board may utilize this friendly advice, anytime! Please!

10. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I did that for a long time,and it didn't work,just said my piece and didn't pay attention to the little remarks but they didn't work.
    I guess every one has to hear it to get it.(not at you asterix).

Ok so hoping that i m setting a good example,i will let go.(hope this doesn't get translated into a pass to insult me)

If you mean take insults well read above and if you mean about the conversation i clarified that i might have gotten it wrong(not the facts that i posted but what valuable meant in this list) due to bad reporting and stand with what i said but it was different case here.

11. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
  12. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    There's a yummy Robben interview today in El País:

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/he/sido/importante/equipo/elpepudep/20080503elpepidep_1/Tes

I'll translate some bits:

Q. What's a winger?

A. It's one thing in England, and a different one in Spain and the Netherlands. In England, a winger is a guy who has to run a lot. It's about running in offense and defence without ever getting away from the line. Running and crossing, running and crossing... Of late, this has changed a bit and they get more freedom to cut inside. My play isn't like that. I can't be fixed to the line all the game. You need to move a lot to surprise the defence.

Q. Why don't you cross the ball more often?

A. Crossing is typical of the English. And then, fighting and going for a header. In Spain, players are more technical, and when you're more technical you prefer other things.

Q. Dou you get hit here (Spain) more often?

A. I wouldn't say that. There's toughness in England, players are stronger, but nobler. Here... I'm still watching that challenge by Quique Álvarez. Possibly, the worst I've received in my career.

Q. It's been commented that there's a serious competition between you, Sneijder and Drenthe, to show who speaks the best Spanish.

A. Yes, sure. I'm pretty sure Royston will lose.

13. Fung

Fung New Member

Jan 11, 2007

Deloitte's list only works with generated revenue, while Forbes work with total value of the club. While Manchester United is indeed more worth than Real Madrid, over half of their value is tied up in debt.

14. asterix

asterix Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Nobler? :confused: IMO the english game is more physical than ours. That tackle by Quique was bad, but those things happen in one's career. That challenge could have come easily in EPL too.

Edit: Thanks Dmar for the translation.

15. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    I was wondering what he meant by 'nobler' :confused: There's more dignity when getting tackled in EPL lol? Is he implying that players in La Liga have less regard for the safety of another player as compared to the EPL?

:p @ the dutch-spanish competition

16. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

I'm not 100% sure what he meant in reference to that tackle, but I think the general consensus is that the English league is more 'noble' (define that as you wish). I can't tell you how many articles I read or interviews I listen to in the Spanish press where people say that our league/players should learn from the EPL: less diving, better refs, more respect for the profession, etc.

Obviously, there are always exceptions, but I think it is a pretty widely held opinion.

17. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I loved reading about the Spanish speaking competition. It's stuff like that that makes me think that we're starting to get a really good team dynamic going on. If it was something else those three were competing at, it might just look like a bit of national clique-yness, but given that their learning Spanish it looks like they're really putting the effort into integrating themselves.

18. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I think the comment refers to the sort of 'hard but fair' concept that there is in English football...the tackles may well fly in, and looking on they can appear horrendous, but (with some notable exceptions) there is no intent to cause injury.

I would guess that in the case of Quique Álvarez, he feels there was that intent...he does sound as though he is still quite bitter about the challenge.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guti is often called 'Robinho's big pal' during the Real Madrid games on La Sexta and C+.Apparently Drenthe is hanging around Robinho a lot.

I'd say there are little groups in the squad, in terms of personal interest and spending private time together, but they're probably quite different from what people believe they might be.

20. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I think you came closest Alma. Although there are a few high-profile EPL players who are known as divers (and usually not the English fellows ;)) in general, there seems to be more of a code of honor to stay on your feet. Not that those feet don't tend to get more wobbly in the penalty box but you don't see nearly as much of the embarrassing diving and dramatic rolling in the midfield or juicy free-kick range. There is less tolerance for blatant endless time-wasting. And the newer rule that only the ref stops the play when a man is down helps keep fake injuries from stopping counterattacks.

The comedy of this is that it is coming from Robben, one of the least noble players (as far as on-pitch demeanor) I've ever seen. :D:D

21. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah, I'm quite sure that's what he meant. Perhaps I should have translated that bit differently.

22. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Yeah, the irony is a bit staggering, although to be a bit fair to Robben, he is more likely to just go down and look for a quick free kick rather than rolling around on the ground, one hand grabbing a leg the other hand covering his eyes mouth wide open in agony hoping for a yellow card (i'm getting quite sick of that if you can't tell).

This is a bit OT I know, but I saw this clip the other day from the NBA:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJFjcJq0-rQ
    It was the same stakes as a yellow/red card where if the ref deems the foul bad enough, the player would get thrown out, but the fouled guy just pushes himself up and smiles instead of doing crap like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo4oUnpcmws

Sorry for the OT, but it really really irks me and its pretty indefensible when I talk to non-soccer fans who bring it up. :(

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It does make sense.

You can fault the EPL for it's style of play or the hype machine the media makes it to be. However one thing you can't take away from the English is the run there league very well.

IMO, it's the benchmark for professionalism, presentation, and sportsmanship. La Liga, Serie A and a few others could learn quite a lot from them in these areas, and that's not even taking their marketing and exposure tactics into context.

24. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane is set to be revealed as the new QPR manager, according to the English press.