[R] Middlesbrough Match Talk and Results [R]

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by SoccerFan8270, Nov 2, 2003.

1. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Boro are due for talks with Rene Aufhauser who plays for GAK in Austria. He is a right midfielder who also plays for Austria and played against Boro earlier this season

2. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Zenden should be fit for Tuesday, if not then definately a week on saturday against WBA.

Parnaby is struggling for Tuesday, as is Reiziger and McMahon is out so who will we play at right back?!? :eek:

Schwarzer might be injured still too so Brad Jones might start again.

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Pretty sh***t game.

Bye-bye Europe - we deserve fvck all with a performance like that.

4. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Awful game, Awful Display.

And that is why Ugo Ehiogu and Colin Cooper cannot be kept beyond this season. Cooper's passing all night was pathetic and Ugo's defending looked like a sunday league side.

5. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    West Brom on Saturday now, we need Parnaby back at right back as i dont trust Cooper there. Shame Riggott is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury because i dont trust Ehiogu.

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Must admit, that's the first time I've seen Ugo in action for quite some time.

He's lost a lot of his mobility and looks like a poor man's Darren Moore.

We looked so lethargic and the lack of effort was appaling.

About time, we flung in a couple more of the youngsters because our season is now over.

Also, I think we somehow getting some lucky breaks. Especially last night and against Charlton and Soton away. These last minute goals are covering up our inept showings.

7. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would agree. I don't see anything dishonorable about preparing for next year.

8. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Is it me, or did Stewie look really tired last night?

I think I needs some time off. I mean he's still only a young guy and I think he could do with a two week rest. I say McClaren sends him off on holiday for a while to recoup...

I want a fit Downing for England qualies and Boro next year.

He's gonna get burn-out. And that will only be bad thing. :(

9. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He has already admitted he's exhausted but with our midfield pretty thin right now we need every single player we can get. Europe isnt totally out of the question but its looking more unlikely.

10. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Boro have opened talks with Bolo Zenden and George Boateng over new contracts

11. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Has Bolo made any statements as to whether he wants to be back here next year, or is he looking for a bigger stage?

Oh, and I'll bite, what's the 3 days sig reference???

12. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He has refused to comment on next season, claiming he's focusing on this season.

3 days is until my birthday..

13. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Boro 4-0 WBA :)

Great result, 2 goals from Nemeth, 1 for JFH and 1 from Stewy!!

Newcastle on wednesday...

14. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Heard HasselBAKE stole BORO's second goal from Szilard Nemeth who would have had a hatrick!!!

Nemeth was just dropped to my www.preimerleague.com fantasy team benhc while Stewie Downing is miy captain!

15. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Im confident about Wednesday, Newcastle in horrible form of late and they'll lose today :D

Hopefully we'll have Parnaby back to fill in at right back and i have no worries if Brad Jones continues in goal...

Nemeth is in fine form after a great performance and JFH will have done his confidence a world of good, same with Stewy!

16. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Looks as if I picked the wrong game the watch...:rolleyes:

My luck, eh?

Nice win - I think it looks like the game against Spurs at the Riverside will be crucial!

Geordies on Wednesday (they are 1-0 up at Man Utd - but should be tired, given their punishing schedule)

Then we have Liverpool away (ouch - maybe thoughts on CL?) then the UEFA playoff against Spurs and then we finish away to a very improved Man City under Stuart Pierce.

Its gonna be tough, but we normally raise our game when we play better opposition - all of the above like to attack and play an open game - this should suit us much better than playing defensive minded sides

17. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Oh yes, almost forgot - in unrelated news - Boro will start next season with plus 6 points.

After Sunderland's promotion back to the Premiership, it was decided that there was no point in the Mackem's even bother turning up to play us....as they are utter sh***e

So we get 6 points more next year......

:D

Great stuff.

18. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What a great result, and at the right time too. Gosh, before this weekend Brom was the team I'd figured was most likely to stay up. So a good win.

19. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Newcastle lost 2-1 so thats good news for Boro :) :cool:

20. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Colin Cooper has a hip injury and its likely Andrew Davies will step in and Ray Parlour instead of Doriva as the only changes.

21. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Happy Birthday Boro...

So what are you going to do now that you've turned 19???

22. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks!

Watch Boro qualify for Europe :)

23. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Middlesbrough (from): Jones, Knight, Queudrue, Taylor, Riggott, Southgate, Ehiogu, Wheater, Davies, Boateng, Parlour, Zenden, Downing, Doriva, Kennedy, Johnson, Hasselbaink, Nemeth, Graham.

Riggott?? surely BBC have this wrong.

24. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    0-0.

Should have won it, had the possession and the far better chances.

Not a bad result by any stretch of the imagination. Leaves us two points clear of Spurs below us, and we have them to play at home.

After having seen Liverpool play, I can safely say they have nothing to bother us, and should be able to get a point there. A win against Spurs and then another draw away to City should do it.

Spurs have;

Villa @ home
    Us @ Riverside
    Blackburn@ home

Villa and City won't bother us - imo. We must hope that the Villa v Spurs match ends in a draw.

With Man City and Spurs in our final 3 fixtures, our destiny is in our hands now.

25. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The super mod's on this site are a disgrace, a true Boro fan asks to Mod this forum and they turn me down. Utter disgrace.