(R) Mexico v Colombia (Resultado)

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Mex. v Col [R]: player analysis

grade the players

1 Oswaldo Sánchez 8
    21 Héctor Altamirano 8
    5 Duilio Davino 8
    4 Rafael Márquez 9
    18 Salvador Carmona 8
    17 Israel López 6
    8 Pavel Pardo 7
    6 Luis Ernesto Pérez 7
    11 Braulio Luna 6
    10 Cuauhtémoc Blanco 8
    9 Jared Borgetti 7

Ramón Morales 7
    Jesús Olalde 6
    Juan Pablo Rodríguez 6
    Eduardo Rergis 6
    Gringo Castro 8

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

1. Oswaldo Sánchez

Good game for Oswaldo although the Colombianos didnt really create any dangerous chances.

21 Héctor Altamirano

El Piti Altamirano reminded me of Arellano. He was one of the best players on the field just needs more work in his final touch.

5 Duilio Davino

Dulio had a shaky start but made up for it in the second half. Decent defender, i wouldnt make him the starting defender just yet.

4 Rafael Márquez

Without a doubt Mexicos best player. I can now see why Monaco is playing him in the midfield.

18 Salvador Carmona

I felt he improved in this game but his attack was not as good as he has us used to.

17 Israel López

Regular in defence, didnt notice him as much.

8 Pavel Pardo

Regular performace by Pavel who should be a main player in this National team considering how much he weighted in Lavolpes Atlas.

6 Luis Ernesto Pérez

Not bad, can do better. Good thing he is still young and has shown signs of improvement.

11 Braulio Luna

Decent performance by Braulio.

10 Cuauhtémoc Blanco

Once again i felt Temoc played his own game. Bring in Zinha to orchestrate the attack, Temoc hasnt shown to be much of a team player especially when he refuses to get subbed.

9 Jared Borgetti

Looks like Jared will have a hard time adjusting to Lavolpes tactics, without the ball Borgetti seemed lost most of the time.

Ramón Morales

Regular, has yet to regain his old form.

Jesús Olalde

Chau Olalde, you had your chance.

Juan Pablo Rodríguez

One more reason to call in Zinha.

Eduardo Rergis

Not National team material.

Gringo Castro

I liked what i saw from Castro today. I was specially impressed by his attitude. Not affraid to show his skill had balls and tried to win the game.

3. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

Olalde played well although he really has no place in the field. He had the two best chances. Still he wasn't as good a presence as Borguetti.

Luna sucked today, he was too slow. Davino was shaky.

The worst score should go to the whole team in taking free kicks and corners. They were god awful in that.

The players look good but I still feel this wasn't that good of a performance.

4. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

I don't know what games you are watching but Cuathemoc is key to this team. No other player has the skill or the vision that Cuathemoc has. Once he was subbed I knew Mexico wouldn't score, Olalde's shot nonwithstanding. To take Blanco for a debutant like Rergis was a stupid substition.

And would you please stop about Zinha. Have you seen him this season ? Blanco has proven himself internationally and the biggest platforms and Zinha just in the MFL with Toluca. Just like Victor Ruiz.

To drop Blanco for an unproven guy would be the stupidest thing ever.

5. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    I'm only going to talk about 5 players

Castro:
    The future right back of the national team. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's going to be a stud.

Perez
    I love watching this kid play. He plays balls out and never gives up.

Altamirano
    I was thinking the same thing VS.....the next Cabrito Arellano. I think that he has a future in Europe. He also reminds me a little bit of De Pedro of Real Sociedad but he plays on the left side.

Marquez
    A world class player. Will be playing in Spain or Italy next year without a doubt.

This team is going to come around....but it needs a goal scorer.....Omar Bravo?

6. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Re: Mex. v Col [R]: player analysis

LOL remember when he ran the offense for "He whose name is not to be spoken." :D

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Originally posted by Rafael Hernandez

I don't know what games you are watching but Cuathemoc is key to this team. No other player has the skill or the vision that Cuathemoc has.

And i dont doubt this..

Once he was subbed I knew Mexico wouldn't score, Olalde's shot nonwithstanding. To take Blanco for a debutant like Rergis was a stupid substition.

I believe Mexico created a couple of more chances but just like when Temoc was on the field, failed to capitalize.

And would you please stop about Zinha. Have you seen him this season ? Blanco has proven himself internationally and the biggest platforms and Zinha just in the MFL with Toluca.

Zinha is the perfect player for Lavolpes tactics. He is the player that can create the spark that is needed to ignite the attack. Against Arg and Colombia the only thing missing was the final tounch and Zinha should be given a chance.

To drop Blanco for an unproven guy would be the stupidest thing ever.

I never said drop or replace Blanco with Zinha. I just feel that Mexico has become too Blanco dependant. Not only that but Blanco is playing his own game, as talented as he is we have all seen what can happen to even the most talented teams (Brazil) when they dont work well together.

8. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

The problem is that there is no other player that has the same vision that Blanco has. Or the ideas. Thus Blanco has to create most chances and he ends up teamed.

As for Zinha, its a whole different game internationally. Plus Zinha has done squat for Toluca this season. When he gets his spark back, then maybe he should be called and I just don't think he is close to Blanco's level.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: I'm only going to talk about 5 players

OHHH what? you gonna take the credit now? :D

i was the first guy to post about him and put a picture of him.

I said that he was awsome and to watch out for that guy..... but i was luaghed at, ridiculed....

anyhow,......

he did well and shows he wants to be there and perform. Since him and Salinas have become superstars with America... they havent gotten comfortable... they still play like they want to be on the starting roster....

I want to see how he holds up a whole game on the nat team

10. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nobody is a profet in his own land :D

And may I say I could be a better Ref than the Amateur Mexico & Colombia had to deal with last night.

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    On the US forum, some are thrashing the commentators (longo and cantor) for being basically anti-american because of the comments he made..

But Jesus, they are right about that. The refs in the area are horrible. Some of them dont even officiate year round much less have legit leagues in thier native countries.

We, play year round and still some of our refs are shaky.

12. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Re: Re: I'm only going to talk about 5 players

All right, All right, let's give credit where credit is due....but he is going to be a stud ain't he.

By the way...it's easy to laugh and ridicule rdl...just keep feeding us Whataburger stories.

For the record, this Americanista did not laugh at you or ridicule you when you posted his picture.

13. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Cool

Cool,

Vean a mi contador de respuestas......acababa de ser el Patrullero 777!

Cantinflas was and is the best movie comedian ever.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

You also said that Manuel Rios was the next Arellano. :D

15. Martin Cutler

Martin Cutler New Member

Sep 30, 2002
    San Diego
    A pretty disappointing game overall. Mexico controls the ball well but they still lack an armador. Also to me they lack a cutting edge up top. Lot's of good possession but little penetration. Borgetti looked lost but I think in time he and Blanco will start to develop the understanding they had this past summer. But Mexico needs some speed in the lineup, particularly in attacking positions. Getting Arellano back will certainly help.

I liked Altamirano a lot. A tough, skilled player with plenty of garra. Luis Perez also looks like a good prospect. I thought Davino did well and what can you say about Marquez? He's such a confident and smooth player. Cuauhtemoc Blanco still has the skills but he's so much slower than he was before his knee injury.

A question for those in the know here. Besides Luis Perez and Diego Martinez which of the players Lavolpe has called up will be eligible for the sub-23?

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

I said that his could be and that his was very versatile and dynamic off the ball...

It was a shame that his club didnt want to sell his card. Prime example of a smaller team not wanting to let go of a player and ruining him.

17. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Me thinks that Rergis and El Gringo Castro are in that age group..