(R) Mexico v Colombia (Resultado)

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Mexico v Colombia: pre game

can someone post Colombia's roster for net week on here....

any idea if Mexico will keep the same roster?

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The Colombian roster is in limbo right now since the FMF has not procured visas for at least 6 of the players Maturana wants to bring.

http://eltiempo.terra.com.co/depo/FUTBOL/FUCO_F/noticias/ARTICULO-WEB-NOTA_INTERIOR-267986.html

La lista de convocados es la siguiente:

Arqueros: Oscar Córdoba y Miguel Calero

Defensas: Amaranto Perea, José Mera, Roberto Carlos Cortés
    Gerardo Vallejo, Gerardo Bedoya, Gonzalo Martínez, Iván Ramiro Córdoba y Mario Alberto Yepes

Volantes: Carlos Ortiz, Jhon Javier Restrepo, Aldo Leao Ramírez, Alex Viveros, Freddy Grisales, Giovanni Hernández y David Ferreira.

Delanteros: Juan Pablo Angel, Rafael Castillo y Léider Preciado.

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i dont understand what the FMF has to do with the Colombians not getting thier visas? The game will be in the US? So no need to talk to the Mexican immigration people (unless they fly from Bogota to Mexico City to Arizona) I know there are flight that are direct from Colombia to the US.

Maybe this is just me, but could it be that the Colombian FA people are not turing in thier paper work on time?

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From reading the article I was under the impression that since the FMF is managing the game that they are in charge of getting all the paperwork.

What you say could be true maybe the Colombians haven't sent in their paperwork yet.

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    The FMF is not managing the games. Promoters are doing that. They go to the FMF and asked them who they want to play. a couple months back when Mexico rid themselves of Soccer 2000 and Wau... they wante to oversee all aspects of marketing and promotions... but what they did do is set up people to look for matches.. the FMF basically said who and what type of teams they want to play... and the promoters are the ones who make it happen.

Its actually the promoters who loses if the game does not take place..not the colombian fa or the fmf.

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well then it is the promoters who are screwing up the Visas. This game will be played even if those players don't get visas. The Colombian fed is not going to take a chance that they might get barred from the US again. This game might be a make up for the one that got cancelled before the world cup.

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    since i have been out of the loop for a while... i dont exactly know who the promoters are...

http://www.reforma.com/futbol/articulo/266995/default.htm

according to that... a member of the USSF who happened to be one of the promoters picked up the entire tab for us.. a couple months ago... i read an article saying that one of the reasons that they prefer to play in the US is that there is no overhead.. they pick up the entire bill (food, airfare, lodging, etc)

I kno that the FMF could make a lot of dough as well if they were to bring teams like Argentina, Spain, Croacia to Aztec stadium... but that means we still have to pay for all the other stuff. Stuff that the FMF gets for free in the US.

If in case the promoter is from the USSF for the next game...i really dont see why he would want to jeapordize his investment by allowing Visas to be the main problem. I saw the same thing with the Jamaican FA. They expected to turn in the paperwork 2 days prior and expect everything to go smooth. It is the federations job to be informed of new immigration laws and such. Its bad business to turn away tourist because they do spend money in your country. One thing that I like about what Lavolpe is doing... is that he talked to Lapuente, Bora, Menoti, Meza, Aguirre and asked them what he should experct and what things could be better... Lavolpe in turn wanted to hire one person to take care of field matters and the other person to take care of administrative matters. Before it was done by the same person...Jesus Bracamontes (who you have seen on Univision) is the one who is taking care of field matters "gerente deportivo" and he deals with scouting, watching video, etc etc etc. THe othetr guy sticks to administration. Bracamontes went on Republica a couple weeks ago and said that he likes what he sees and that before doing was too demanding... now he can just do what he likes and takes care of field matters and not have to worry about paperwork and cr4p like that.. of course the FMF had to approve which they did

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    All I know is that somebody has dropped the ball.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    why exactly did Colombia get banned from the US?

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because they pulled out of a friendley versus Mexico. The promoter went to the USSF and got them banned.

11. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    That cancellation pissed a lot of Mexicans off here in Chicago. They had been advertising it for weeks on the radio and right before the game was about to take place.......nada.

12. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do you remember when it was going to take place Levante?

13. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of new faces. Glad to see Pancho Maturana made the changes.

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Llama Lavolpe a Márquez, Morales y Borgetti ante Colombia

http://www.el-universal.com.mx/pls/impreso/noticia.html?id_nota=119398&tabla=notas

Quien no fue considerado para el amistoso del miércoles 12 de febrero es el medio de contención del Sevilla de España, Gerardo Torrado

19:32 El zaguero Rafael Márquez, del Mónaco de Francia, así como el volante Ramón Morales, de Guadalajara, y el delantero Jared Borgetti, de Santos Laguna, fueron convocados por Ricardo La Volpe para el partido de México ante Colombia.

Estos tres jugadores son las novedades en la lista de 22 futbolistas convocados para el choque con Colombia del próximo día 12 en Phoenix, Arizona, en lo que será el segundo del argentino Ricardo Antonio La Volpe como técnico de la Selección Mexicana de futbol.

Para ese encuentro, previsto en fecha FIFA, Márquez será el único convocado de los que militan en el extranjero, pues no vendrá Gerardo Torrado, medio de contención del Sevilla de España.

La Volpe ya había anunciado la posibilidad de convocar a Morales y Borgetti a su arribo de Los Angeles, California, tras la derrota 0-1 frente a Argentina del martes anterior; pero que todo dependería de tener contacto con los médicos de los respectivos clubes a fin de saber el estado físico.

El grupo se concentrará el próximo lunes por la mañana en el Centro de Alto Rendimiento de la Federación Mexicana de Futbol y viajará el martes hacia Phoenix para enfrentar a Colombia, el próximo miércoles.

De esta lista hubo tres salidas respecto de la anterior, la del volante Carlos Morales (Morelia), y las del zaguero Joel Sánchez y del delantero Omar Bravo (ambos de Guadalajara).

Convocados:

1 Oswaldo Sánchez Portero Guadalajara

2 Moisés Muñoz Portero Morelia

3 Salvador Carmona Defensa Toluca

4 Duilio Davino Defensa América

5 Rafael Márquez Defensa AS Mónaco/FRA

6 Raúl Salinas Defensa América

7Héctor Altamirano Defensa Santos Laguna

8 Pavel Pardo Defensa América

9 Ramón Morales Medio Guadalajara

10 Israel López Medio Toluca

11 José Antonio Castro Medio América

12 Diego Martínez Medio Necaxa

13 Luis Ernesto Pérez Medio Monterrey

14 Juan Pablo Rodríguez Medio Atlas

15 Eduardo Rergis Medio Atlante

16 Cuauhtémoc Blanco Delantero América

17 Fernando Arce Delantero Veracruz

18 Jesús Olalde Delantero UANL

19 Braulio Luna Delantero Necaxa

20 Jared Borgetti Delantero Santos Laguna

15. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Yes..

It was 2 or 3 months after Colombia's win over Mexico in the Copa America final and the promoters were calling it "La Revancha" or something cheesy like that. I remember that the Colombian fans were also pissed off. It's not very often that Colombia comes to Chicago.

By the way, I heard on Radio Unica earlier that the Visa problems are problems no more. Asi que Atletico Nacional, efer, y Sid PI, pongan sus apuestas senyores......!

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Llama Lavolpe a Márquez, Morales y Borgetti ante Colombia

Convocados:

1 Oswaldo Sánchez Portero Guadalajara
    2 Moisés Muñoz Portero Morelia

3 Salvador Carmona Defensa Toluca
    4 Duilio Davino Defensa América
    5 Rafael Márquez Defensa AS Mónaco/FRA
    6 Raúl Salinas Defensa América
    7Héctor Altamirano Defensa Santos Laguna
    8 Pavel Pardo Defensa América

9 Ramón Morales Medio Guadalajara
    10 Israel López Medio Toluca
    11 José Antonio Castro Medio América
    12 Diego Martínez Medio Necaxa
    13 Luis Ernesto Pérez Medio Monterrey
    14 Juan Pablo Rodríguez Medio Atlas
    15 Eduardo Rergis Medio Atlante

16 Cuauhtémoc Blanco Delantero América
    17 Fernando Arce Delantero Veracruz
    18 Jesús Olalde Delantero UANL
    19 Braulio Luna Delantero Necaxa
    20 Jared Borgetti Delantero Santos Laguna

Titulares

Porteria - Sanchez
    Centrales - Davino & Marquez
    Laterales - Castro & Carmona
    Contencion - Pity
    Volantes o Carrileros - Perez y Morales
    Extremos - Blanco y Luna
    Punta - Borgetti

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maturana considera osado enfrentar a México

El técnico de la selección de Colombia, Francisco Maturana, manifestó que es una "osadía" enfrentar a México, uno de los mejores del mundo, pero aseguró tener confianza en un buen resultado para su equipo.

"Yo creo que es indudablemente una osadía, porque vamos a enfrentar un gran equipo que está entre los 16 mejores del mundo, está en su traspatio y lleva casi nueve entrenamientos o partidos, y nosotros venimos acá con un entrenamiento y medio", dijo.

http://www.colombia.com/futbol/noticias/DetalleNoticia15542.asp

18. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Mexico v Colombia: pre game

[​IMG]

19. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nice pic VS

I predict Mexico will win by two.

20. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    It is ON!

21. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    0-0 halftime

22. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
    I love the team

We might have not won but they sure did play good.. maybe with aguirrie he had a good start but he also had a bad ending i think its better to win with a solid base then winning just by luck or by other teams lack of defense..

One thing that is missing is that Center foward that has skill and expierence like Cardozo in toluca..
    I think Lavolpe tried to make Jesus Olade the CARDOZO of the team.. I think he doesnt want to use young forwards intill he has one good expierenced Forward in rythem .. Then he will start bringing Adolfo ,De Nigris and the rest of the young rat pack .. To see who can show pontential.

I dont like REGIS on the team
    Luis Perez was awsome! for a youngster

23. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    Full time 0-0 "kiss your sister, everyone's a winner!"

I've seen paint drying that had more drama. The most exciting part came in the 80', when some moron came on the field for an autograph and was instead form tackled by Phoenix' finest. That dumba$$ had better pray he's a citizen or at least a legal resident otherwise, his 1 night stay in the iron bar hotel will turn to a cozy bus ride across the border. I mean really, what was he expecting?

Cordova made two errors, one where he let a soft shot rebound over the bar when he should've been an easy trap & later his defense gave up to much space and a mexican launched a frozen rope strike to hit the crossbar. He didn't even move.

Colombia looked really sloppy on the ball but mexico struggled badly on their finishing. Several times el tri went long ball but the colombians were too fast.

call the police someone stole 90 minutes and I want it back.

24. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Once again, Mexico dominates the game and can't do squat in finishing. That was awful. Once Cuathemoc was taken off the field, I knew Mexico will not score. Lavolpe better get some speed and finshing otherwise, this team won't score.

25. Stinkey Turner

Dec 15, 2000
    Re: I love the team

I thought you kind of stunk. Who cares if you dominate possesion for 90 minutes if you can't put a decent shot on goal? You looked better against the Argies IMO. Mexico w/o Blanco is lost.