[R]Metro -Revs in game and Post Match Commentary

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Deuteriumoxide, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing the Metrsos seem to try and do is maintain possesion with little 10 to 15 yrd passes to each other or back to Walker. Attacking forward seems like an afterthought at all times.

While maintaining possesion is nice there is no attack in the offensive third at all. To me Mathis sucks as a midfielder as well as his passes seem to have no attacking qualities about 99% of the time. The cute little one touch back or square passes just does not do it for me anymore.

2. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Admit it, people. They were there because they knew Juan Forchetti would be starting. Get with the program. He's a draw.

3. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

:rolleyes:

4. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    All I can say is "Via con dios, Juan y Jose" while dribbling aimlessly about the field throwing elbows at anything that moves.

5. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    We get a bigger crowd becasue they gave away T shirts to kiddies? Radio Shack water bottles and the semi- finals in U-8 biddy soccer at half time? Felt like I was at a circus. All we needed was Jolly wishing us that, "All our days be circus days" as we left ...they played like it was a damn circus.

Did ya notice -
    Lissi -
    He can't kick with his left. Had a ball outside the 18 on the side, went to change position from L to R stance and got the ball stuffed as he kicked. Repeated that a few minutes later from in front of the box.

Forchett -
    For shame...

Mathis -
    Used to get frustrated and drift back to midfield. This game he dirfts back to our defensvie third. Will he be trying to shove Walker out of the way next game?

Bradley -
    Someone needs to get him a watch. It's time Bob! Time to sub earlier when you've made a line up mistake and time to light a fire under these guys!

I miss the days of Irish Spring Soap, Libby's Peach drink in cardboard sippies, that Metro keychain mitten holder thing, and walking out of the match feeling we gave it our all win, loose or draw.

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Personally I'd have played Arena rather than Forchetti just to get the post-game Metro board posts into the stratosphere.

Sometimes you just have to pander to your fan base to keep interest up.

Anyway, Forchetti's best move this year was not getting caught bearhugging Lalas in the box during added time in the LA home game.

7. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Could we trade him to DC straight up for Hudson? We'd still be crap, but we'd have more fun. I bet he'd come and drink with us at Nathan Hales.

And all the hairy-chested Bulgarians would want to come and play for us!