[R]Metro -Revs in game and Post Match Commentary

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Deuteriumoxide, Oct 18, 2003.

1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Revolution are just better at scoring (even withouht Twellman).

50 goal this season for revs and 38 for metros.

Now who cursed!! New York or Boston (New England)?

2. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I thought there was a no flames, no trolls policy for these kinds of threads.

3. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well there was this guy that came to our Revs' forum and said that we were cursed. An he/she had a huge picture of Babe Ruth with metro's uniform and killing Revs.

4. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Other boards, yes.

Metro board has a "speak your empty mind" policy for the tourists.

5. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    In soccer? Both. I'm pretty sure historically that the Revs and Metros are the worst two teams in MLS. At least in Baseball, we have the Yanks. BTW, not that your proclamation that we have trouble putting the ball in the net comes as a shock (please see the last 50 or so threads on this forum bemoaning the same fact), but "even without Twellman" is a bit off. He's scored BY FAR the lion's share of the Rev's goals this season.

6. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    well...Revs was bad before 2002 historically, but they are much better. 2002 MLS fanalist (I hate Luiz) they are currently 3rd over all (including East and West Conf.).

We are in 6 games unbeaten steak; in last 8 games, they are 6-1-1 record. And also 15 goal out 50 goals are from Twellman (TnT). Where did the other 35 goals came from (only 2 PK goal just to let u know)?

We are really bad defencivly (I admit that), but think about it : We don't have TnT, Chris Brown, and Joe-Max Moore right now, which mean revs's "streak-force" is gone, but still we manage to win games. After the facial injury in LA in Aug. TnT played only 3 games and scored 2 goals and he is out again.

7. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Huh? And huh?

8. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Remember Luiz score the game winner against the Revs in 2002 MLS Cup final in over time? And he is tied with TnT in the scoring chart and 7 goals out his "15 goals" PK. He doesn't deserve to win the scoring leader.

9. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

No.

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  11. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

All I see is a picture of Carlos Ruiz scoring the only goal of the game. If some guy named Luiz scored, this is the first I'm hearing of it.

12. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You might be thinking of former Gal Louis Hernandez, otherwise that's a pretty good rip on Ruiz.

13. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I think you just tripped across what the 87 stands for.

14. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Luiz or Ruiz u knew who i meant and doesn't matter. I call him Luiz because evey one in my school call him "Luiz": it stands for "Loser Ruiz"

It's good thing to know.

15. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Top speller in my fourth grade class, baby.

16. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    [​IMG]

Which school is that?

17. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    it a elementary school just to let u know...no

It a senior high in Mass.
    We all hate "Luiz." We started to call him "Luiz" after winning scoring champ last year and scoring the golden goal.

18. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Is the average SAT score in your school 400?

19. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    naw, none of those school in Springfield.

I don't know what's our SAT avg, is but i know we a person who got 1590 last week. i mean, i am not joking. I also know a korean who scored 800 on Math. he is crazy. I know u guys are thinking, this is BS, rite?

We had quite a few people making to hardvard last year. I know our avg.

One thing thoug: I get 700 on math, but english........i'n not gonna tell u, caz this is my 3rd year in US and I suck at english.

20. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    yes! ha ha ha! yes!

21. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ
    reelly? me no notice.
    and congrats on the Loser Ruiz=Luiz, thats very clever. ill bet the Korean thought that one up.
    from now on let them be known as the New England Levolution.

22. Wabbit67

Wabbit67 Member

May 19, 2002
    Avon-by-the-Sea, NJ
    Is it possible to have a serious discussion of the game here?

1. It's pretty pathetic when you go home from a game where you just dropped into third place thinking, "Well, at least they scored and it was exciting at the end." That is about all we have to console us these days

2. It seems to me Bradley coached the game backwards. Why not start with Lisi and even a 3 man back line, hopefully bringing offensive pressure and a goal. Then, later in the game bring in the 4th defender and Regan or Williams to protect the lead you have established. At home, why can't we be more aggressive with our lineup?

3. I know Guevara hit a great set piece against Columbus, but overall this guy really stinks on set pieces. His corners are always short, never getting past the near post, and he seems to have a hard time picking people out on free kicks. Somebody else certainly needs to start taking corners and I think other set pieces as well.

23. Partizan_fc

Partizan_fc New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    New York City
    True, I think that Bradley should go back to an attacking formation at home and go with a defensive one away. Have Bartolomeu in for DiGi and Lisi in for Williams/Regan at Home. Have DiGi in for Bartolomeu and Williams/Regan in for Lisi Away.

Right now, Guevara and Magee are our best on corner kicks. Guevara takes the set pieces on goal and Lisi take the set piece crosses. I don't think anyone on this team can do any better than what they're doing right now.

The problem I have is that our Midfield is too unorganized with Mathis in there. He keeps floating around and the midfield gets too tight with so may players in one spot. It messes up the formation and players arn't where they're supposed to be. Thus you will see passes that don't find anyone. This prevents the free flowing soccer that we all want to see.

24. Soccer C

Soccer C New Member

May 6, 2001
    NY
    Ah, but this was "the most exciting week in MetroStars history" . . . at least that's what they were calling it over the PA against Dallas - "Don't Miss OUt" they said.

25. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    "Um, don't the Rev's have their own boards? I thought there were forums specifically for the rivelry stuff, too."

Well, if providing basis to demonstrate that Pat Noonan is better than Ian Fuller (which is true) and that his team in the Revolution offered more than Metro (which is true) with respect to what was suggested, then it seems perfectly sensible to post such commentary here rather than in the rivalry forum.

The Magpie