[R] Lazio Match Talk and Results [R]

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by SoccerFan8270, Nov 9, 2003.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Re: dec 14

A win in Milan would leave us tied for fourth - excellent position. And Inter still have to expend resources playing in Europe - Vieri will be injured shortly, I expect. (Sad for such a great player, who I think is the best club striker in the world when healthy, but he hasn't been healthy in years.) We have a chance, and look like we're gathering some momentum after an awful couple of weeks.
    Ancona aren't exactly Milan, but a win is a win. Here's hoping we can get at least a point out of Inter.

2. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Tied for 4th!

Well, another good win today. 2-1 over Inter. 1-1 at the half - Vieri for Inter, Corradi for Lazio. But Almeyda was sent off for Inter in the 67th minute, and Zauri scored in the 82 to give us all the points.

Good win for Lazio, and hopefully this is the form we'll see in the new year. Its too bad we couldn't advance in the CL, but we're fourth in SerieA, and still in the Coppa. Not bad.

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    solid victory over Inter...I was glad to see Delgado, a 16 yr old from Spain...get in the match and provide the goal for Zauri...some good young players coming up is exactly what Lazio needs.

I was dissapointed in the timing of Mancini's statements this week...and Stankovic saying he wants to join Inter in the summer...

Fourth place and 28 pts looks pretty good right now.

4. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Hey Phillips - do you know anything about Delgado? More than what you already said, of course. I saw his name and realized I had no idea who he was.

5. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I know he's 16 and moved to Italy with a relative from Spain at the age of 11. I believe he started one coppa match and came off the bench in another. He seems like a decent talent, they have begun to bring along a teenage midfielder Corsi in the same way.

If the Inzaghi/Pizarro swap deal is true, Delgado could get more time at forward...

this site has the goals from the Inter victory:
    http://www.aromasololalazio.it/uk/index.asp

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    That's good. We have little to lose in playing youngsters at this point. If only Baronio had turned out to be half as good as he was supposed to :(

7. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Reggina-Lazio 1/6

xmas break ends today...Lazio at Reggina just starting up....the lineup:

Peruzzi, Stam, Couto, Mihajlovic, Favalli; Giannichedda, Liverani, Albertini, Fiore, Corradi, Muzzi.

reserves:
    15 Casazza, 5 Zauri, 6 Dabo, 22 Oddo, 53 Sergio Conceicao, 26 Melara, 41 Delgado.

Thankfully Peruzzi is back from injury so shaky Sereni doesnt play (not even on bench)....Oddo still in Mancini's doghouse...so the super-slow Couto-Miha pairing plays on....Liverani had been Lazio's best player in the matches before the break.

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    sure enough, Lazio up 1-0...Liverani in the 16th minute. The description from Eurosport.com:

FABIO LIVERANI!!!! He was unmarked on the penalty spot and turned the ball in with aplomb, but the Reggina players are not happy - they say the ball went out of pllay in the build-up!!!

9. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    2-1 loss

ugly loss, real dissapointing....Muzzi picked up a red card and 2 errors (Oddo/Miha) led to 2 Reggina goals...here's eurosport's quick summary:

*Lazio architects of their own downfall!!!! Roberto Muzzi was needlesly sent of in the first half, and then slack marking gifted the home side a brace of second half goals to turn the tide and infuriate Roberto Mancini!!!*

I dont understand why he put Oddo in the match up 1-0 after the sendoff, when he has criticized his defending (which cost him a starting role to begin with). As for Miha, why he plays is a mystery.

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Watched this game last night.

Oddo definitely had a poor game. He was clearly at fault on Reggina's equalizer. Trap has a real dilemma at right back for Euro 2004. Oddo or Panucci - which is the worse defender? On the second goal, blame should be shared because Cozza ran right past Liverani into space behind two ball-watching defenders (Miha and somebody else) to get an open header.

Miha plays because, even though they were getting run off the field, Lazio had a good free kick opportunity near the end, in his favorite spot, which he would normally convert with his eyes closed. But he put it way over the top. If he can't put his free kicks on goal, he shouldn't be in there.

BTW, before the game, the RAI guy was talking to Reggina's president and asked about the possible loan of Dall'Acqua to Lazio. He denied it, but the Lazio rep who was also in the interview said they were still hoping to work something out. Seems Reggina and Lazio have a friendly relationship a la Reggina and Juventus (perhaps stemming from the way Reggina rolled over in the season finale a few years back which clinched the Scudetto for Lazio).

11. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm tired of Miha, I know why is in there...but as you wrote his free kicks are becoming less accurate...and the rest of his game is awful.

Lazio certainly needs the new blood and Mancini likes Dall'Acqua so hopefully he can be added...most important would be a new young defender.

12. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Seems like the only way to get players like Mihaijlovic out of there is to bring along some talents from the youth set up because Lazio are short of cash.

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Jan 14

Lazio 2 Parma 0

Muzzi and Stankovic score...Sereni plays well in goal.

first leg of Coppa quarterfinal, maybe a bit of a confidence booster.

Oddo got a start at RB...and recovering Dabo in the center of midfield. Both are key players that need to get back on form...

14. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    Re: Jan 14

LMFAO.. :D

Thats side splitting that is.

How bad did parma play.

15. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    yeah, hard to believe considering how poorly the Ipswich castoff has been this year....but he's getting strong ratings from several papers...La Gazzetta gave him a 7 (top marks along with Liverani and Stam).

Mancini praises him here too:
    http://www.lazio.soccerage.com/users.php?k=13,276401,2,8

more importantly from that story is that Cesar is real close to returning. We've missed the only real left-sided midfielder on the team...

16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Coppa Italia QFs

Lazio draw 1-1 at Parma today...Stankovic had the Lazio goal...so its into the Coppa semifinals with a 3-1 aggregate victory.

Cesar started the match today as his comeback is just about complete...

Mancini seems to be taking this competition more seriously than the other big clubs so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lazio make the final...

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Re: Coppa Italia QFs

I think that's very important for us, since at the worst it would guarantee us UEFA money. I know, I know, its not the CL, but if we really decline in the second half of the season due to the lack of depth (especially now that Tubby, er, sorry, Conceicao is gone :rolleyes: ) or if we lose anyone over the transfer period.

18. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    And a chance of a repeat of last years semi final against roma is somthing i'm sure all Lazio fans are extatic about.

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    agreed with both of you guys...tho I do think it would be easier against Milan...they seem to be playing this competition with their B side...

still finishing fourth in the league the most important thing.

20. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    I'd much rather face a full stregnth roma team than a weakend one.

Beating them with a full strength team would bring more satisfaction.

Still gotta keep aiming for fourth, i think if the predicted mass exodus from Parma goes ahead it'll be our for the taking

21. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Coppa semifinal opponent will be Milan. The dates are in mid-Feb so we'll prob see their B side with the Champions League heating back up...

lets get a friggin' win at Lecce this weekend please...

22. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Lazio-Samp Feb 1

1-1 draw...appears that Lazio played well...

Fiore scores early, Liverani hit post late in the 85th or so but Lazio could not get the second goal.

4th place is going to be tough now, Inter has added Stankovic and Adriano...

23. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Coppa Italia SF first leg

Lazio at Milan today...

Mancini will field his first choice side in an effort to get off to a good start. Been 14 yrs since Lazio won there, but a draw would do today.

we owe them after that fiasco in the last meeting.

24. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    2-1 win, Fiore and Couto score. Abbiati cleared the ball off of Fiore and right back into his goal in the 1st minute.

mix of first and second team players....Lazio in good shape into next weeks second leg.

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I'm not counting my chickens yet, but this was a great result for us. Couto scores - so Mr. Mullet is good good for something after all.

I saw highlights of the Abbiatti goal - good stuff :D