[R] Lazio Match Talk and Results [R]

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by SoccerFan8270, Nov 9, 2003.

1. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Lazio Match Talk and Results...

2. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    9/11/03

FINAL:
    Roma-2
    Lazio-0

3. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    26/11/03

FINAL:
    Lazio-1
    Besiktas-1

4. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Great goal by Muzzi.....can lazio still qualify anyway?

5. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    They can qualify only if Besiktas loses to Chelsea and Lazio beats Sparta...

6. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    anyway they will probably leave the match later, maybe its better if they go in uefa where they have many chances to win that cup

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Are you crazy? Lazio could seriously profit from advancing; financially, and too some extent mentally. I think Mancini is going to try his hardest to pull of a win which they can, I only hope that Chelsea doesnt write their game off for Lazio's sake.

8. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    fianancially would be positive for sure
    but they have proved to be not enough good for CL..at least until now

9. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    not true, a chelsea-besiktas draw and a Lazio win over Sparta is good enough...we have a decent chance.

Lazio isn't deep enough for the CL yet, tho the money is certainly reason enough to hope they advance..

Muzzi's goal was amazing.

10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I'm not sure how much of a financial boost it would be. If we finish 2nd, and draw a team like Real, we'd be knocked out immediately, and just risk more injuries. I think the real trick to getting CL money is to get into the group stage, where you're guaranteed 3 home games, and theen collect that money. Its more important for us to finish fourth in SerieA than it is to advance another round this year.

That being said, I'd rather win too :)

And Muzzi's goal was spectacular. We should have won though; that was no penalty.

11. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    nightmare 3-0 loss at Siena over the weekend...the lack of depth continues to alarm. When Stam isn't on the field, our defense ranks among the worst in Serie A...he better play v Juve...

anyway, about the CL:
    even 2 dates with Real would provide some cash from the large crowds...but nicephoras you are right...the real score is making it further.

there will be some shaky #1 seeds tho, I'd like a chance at Monaco for example..

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I was too depressed about this result to even post anything about it.......we really need another CB. Hopefully we'll get one over the winter, and hopefully we'll beat Sparta. Chelsea will probably run out a lot of subs, but half of those subs would be first teamers practically anywhere else. I don't see Besiktas winning again, on neutral ground. Hopefully :) We just need to win ourselves, and the other problems will likely take care of themselves.

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    CB? - yes, Miha is a joke..and Couto/Negro just aren't starters anymore on good teams.

I think Chelsea will at least draw vs Besiktas, and a win at Sparta is reasonable with a healthy Stam. At least friggin Stankovic will be rested seeing as he's looking at least a 2-match ban in the league...;)

14. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    6/12/03

Tuesday will indeed be a very exciting day...

FINAL:
    Lazio-2
    Juventus-0

Well done by Lazio...

15. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Binghamton, NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sparta 1 - 0 Lazio

In the 93rd minute, Sparta book their place in the next round with Chelsea.

Lazio finish last in their group. Now they can focus on Serie A and the coveted Coppa Italia.

17. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    I can't believe that Sparta scored in the last minute and then advanced.

Meaning: Chelsea and Sparta advance in Champions League, Besiktas advances to UEFA Cup, and Lazio is eliminated. Sparta's goal came in the last minute, in the last couple of seconds. Sparta was lucky and Besiktas should have advanced. I can't believe these results! Well, that's just the way it is...

18. MetroAndAGuinessPlz

MetroAndAGuinessPlz New Member

Apr 1, 2003
    NY
    Wow. I'm just dissapointed. Very dissapointed. I didn't see the game. Would someone who did mind describing what went wrong.

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    a very dissapointing day...things broke right with Chelsea and we couldnt finish. simple as that.

Stankovic was the most wasteful of the chances...Lazio hit the post at least once and Sparta's goalkeeper came up big.....and the teams lack of depth was again a problem.

I wonder about some of Mancini's moves today, he started Gottardi...who l dont think has played in over a year...and Inzaghi did not get in till 20 minutes to go...

Concentrate on the league now, finishing top 4 is crucial as the financial situation continues to be fixed....

20. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    to be fair to sparta...the ref TOTALLY gaffed at the end...stankovic fouled the guy, as the ball was passed to a wide open Poborski who was one v one with Peruzzi...the ref inexplicaply didn't call the advantage and awarded the FK instead. That resulting FK was where they scored..

that being said Lazio outplayed them, with possesion like 70-30..should have won the game

21. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    you might be right about the end, but by then it was over.

lazio needed to score and will regret the missed chances...Stankovic killed them by all accounts, his hightmare continues. Inter can have him tomorrow....also I'm still stunned Inzaghi didnt start for a less than healthy Muzzi...

this CL run really shows Mancini isnt a top manager yet (hopefully he does get there). Also Lazio really isnt deep enough to compete at the top levels again...

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    To be honest, this loss doesn't bother me. We NEED to finish 4th, and if we concentrate all our resources on the league, I think it will be better for us. We were never going to win the CL with our lack of depth. We need to make sure of CL money and then bring in a decent CB or two (Alpay?) as soon as we can. Otherwise, we might have trouble qualifying for the UEFA cup next year with our shambolic defence.

It sucks to lose, but I'd rather have won the Juve match than this one, to be honest.

23. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I see where you are coming from, but not advancing in the CL hurts us financially. Without that money, there will be no player additions...and likely a subtraction or 2 in January.

"anybody can go now" was the quote from mancini yesterday.

Can we finish ahead of Inter/Parma without bringing new players in?...

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I understand that too. We're really in a no win situation. I just don't think we'd have been able to get by one of the group winners (well, except maybe the Inter-Lokomotiv-Arsenal-Dynamo group) on our current form.
    Can we finish ahead of Inter and Parma? God, I hope so. That being said, for being the Leeds of SerieA, we are doing incredibly well.
    I wonder if Khodorkovsky wants to hide some of his money in an Italian football club...............

25. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    dec 14

1-0 win at Ancona...
    clever goal by Liverani, dropped it in from distance over the keepers head...

Big match with Inter up coming, a win there to close out the first half would leave things in ok shape to re-start in January...