[R] Joke Referees

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by 1800-WorldCup, Jun 26, 2006.

1. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The one thing consistent about the referees at Germany 2006 is that the referees are inconsistent.

Luis Medina Cantalejo of Spain has just issued a straight red to Marco Materazzi.

The tackle wasn't from behind and he wasn't the last player.

Italy were reduced to ten men when Marco Materazzi was shown a straight red, in the 50th minute, for a challenge that caught both Marco Bresciano and Gianluca Zambrotta.

Man, oh Man...... If Sepp Bladderless thinks Ivanov should have had a yellow I hope he at least is consistent in his uselessness and gives the Spanish ref a red.

2. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    the problem with the tackle was it was studs exposed and flying through the air. Ultimately though he ended up stomping on his teammate's ankle and not the Australian dude. A borderline play but given everything else that has happened in the game I would think yellow was probably more appropriate.

3. fox3c

fox3c New Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Kentucky
    Haven't seen it yet, but i think after the US game, the Italians can't complain about the referreeing. Sometimes you get a call, sometimes they do. That's what the Italians told me ater that game. Or as we say here in the states, "them's the breaks".

4. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, justice was done.

Australia had 40 minutes to try and score against 10 men.

Guus Hiddink saved two subs for extra-time and got out pokered by the referee's last second, penalty decision.

:D

The only way to win this World Cup is to get three goals in front and look for the fourth.... and that's how football should be.

Don't score.... don't deserve to go through.

;)