R.I.P Mrs L.

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by claret50, Nov 5, 2004.

1. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've just received an email from Mike,(scout) letting me know that his dear old Mum passed away in the early hours of this morning and I thought that his extended "Family" of West Ham Brothers & Sisters would like to know.

To Mike, Maria and Family, our deepest sympathy,
    Brian & Polly.

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Condolences. May she rest in peace.

3. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My thoughts are with you and your family scout. Deepest sympathy. Tony.
    Oh, and thanks for letting us know Brian.

4. drwesthammer

drwesthammer New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    This is one of those sad days where it is nice to be among friends. I haven't been around posting on the boards for quite a long time - lots of changes at work and an incredibly busy schedule, along with the frustration of the old soccernet board to which I sent numerous unanswered complaints before finally giving up. Anyway, I am happy to see so many familiar names, but obviously saddened by Mike's loss.

Our prayers and our thoughts go out to you and your family at this sad time, Mike. We hope that your fond remembrances and the comfort of friends will help you in your time of sorrow.

Ray

P. S. Thanks for the news, Brian.

5. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Sorry for your loss mate.

6. Sxboy66

Sxboy66 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm over here!
    Thanks for the news Brian.

Mike, you and your family have my sincerest condolences.

May she rest in peace.

Rob.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prayers and condolenses from Connecticut.

8. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for your loss mate.

9. LAIrons

LAIrons Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Northridge exWelling
    Scout,i am saddened to hear the news about your mother.Please accept my sincerest condolences.You and your family are in my prayers G.

10. TheresaWHUFC

TheresaWHUFC New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Brentwood, Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So sorry to hear your sad news Mike,
    Theresa

11. Kent_Hammer

Kent_Hammer BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 7, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To one Mike from another.... sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my eldest sister just under a year ago and although she is still missed, her presence is always with me. Take comfort that she is now at peace and you will always have the memories.

Sincere condolences to you and your family.
    Mike

12. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    To old and new friends thank you so much for your kind words.

Brian, love you mate thanks.

Its been a hard couple of years for us, we have lost all our older generation family. They had all had a decent life but it still hurts a lot, this one the hardest.

Tell you something of our mum.
    She gave so much of herself to people she met.
    She lost the brother she adored in France, followed 6 weeks later by her best friend. Shortly before this her home was destroyed in an air raid. Only a teenager she developed a very strong character and an abilty to face the hard times full on. Also in old East End tradition she laughed at the good times having a wicked sense of humour.
    In the 70's her only son was diagnosed with terminal cancer. They lived for months before a major operation revealed someone had got it wrong. She faced every doctor alone and comforted both her son and husband. This at the expense of her own health. Unselfishly She nursed her son back to health, She never quite recovered herself though .
    In latter years she nursed her dying husband, when he died her own body gave up. She had to go into a 24 hour nursing care home, her body racked with arturitus and Parkinsons. Some days she didn't have the strength or ability to lift the phone. However for the last 2 years i have phoned her every day leaving a message to tell her i loved her.
    The nursing home closed down and she was moved to another nursing home. 4 days before she died she did the times crossword. Having just beaten pnumonia, my sister had to ask her the questions, she was to weak to read or write.
    Her funeral was today and proof of her fantastic spirit 10 of 18 staff of the now closed down nursing home attended. She moved out 6 months back but they all said she made them laugh. They wanted to pay their respects. Friends and family made the journey from London. Unfortunately my doctor advised me against a 24,000 mile 4 day round trip. Health wise the old bp is just a bit high.

My spelling may be off but when i lived in Mexico, close friends always said
    Hasta luego viya con dios. It mean't "until then go with god". My whole family are due in Scotland for christmas, mums treat. When i phoned her they day she died, i told her how much we were all looking forward to seeing her.

I then said," Until then go with god"

Thanks people thanks Brian.

13. 147man

147man New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Kenilworth
    Scout,

That was a moving tribute to your Mum, I'd like to add my condolences to you and your family on your loss.

It sounds as though she was a great lady and you have a lot to be proud of.

Steve

14. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sent an email to home Mike,
    Brian.