[R]Germany vs Australia[R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by scorpio81, Jun 14, 2005.

1. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lets follow this match here... i cant wait for this tourney to start... as far as i know only a handful of games will be shown on tv in the US...! :mad:

it will probably be hard to follow online but we will see what kind of coverage this gets tomorrow...

anybody that has lineups, updates and most importantly, match streams :D please post here...!

auf gehts deutschland!!! :cool:

2. Andrea_StarLight

Andrea_StarLight New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Brasil

I cannot believe they´ll broadcast all matches and not only Brasil´s !!

Deutschland
    Kahn - B. Schneider, A. Friedrich, Mertesacker, Hitzlsperger - Frings - Deisler, Schweinsteiger - Ballack - Kuranyi, Podolski - Trainer: Klinsmann

Reserve: Lehmann (Tor), Hildebrand (Tor), Hanke, Brdaric, Asamoah, F. Ernst, Engelhardt, Borowski, Owomoyela, Huth, Hinkel

Australien
    Schwarzer - Neill, Popovic, Moore, Muscat - Milicevic - Chipperfield, Skoko, Emerton - Cahill - Viduka - Trainer: Farina

Reserve: Petkovic (Tor), Kalac (Tor), Zdrilic, Thompson, Aloisi, Wilkshire, Sterjovski, Elrich, Culina, Colosimo, Vidmar, McKain

No special attention for Ballack vows Farina

FRANKFURT, Germany (AFP) - Australia manager Frank Farina insists he has no intention of man-marking German international captain Michael Ballack in Wednesday's opening Confederations Cup match.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Bayern Munich midfielder Ballack has scored 24 goals in 53 appearances for Germany but Australia have not made any special plans to neutralise his attacking threat.

"There will be no man-marking for (Michael) Ballack," explained Farina. "Ljubo (Milicevic) could do that job but we prefer to concentrate on our own game.

"The thing is Ballack roams all over the pitch and I think a man-marker would unsettle us as he would have to track him everywhere."

While stopping Ballack and the rest of the German team is the main priority Farina insists Australia can hurt the hosts at the other end of the pitch.

"We must not forget that we have strengths too," added Farina. "The German defence has been called slow, but I do not think this is true.

"However, we do have a lot of quick players in our team and maybe we can use that."

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They will show pretty much all the games on Galavision, Univision and Telemundo, all in Spansish commentating unfortunately but its football you know?

I'm still worried about our left back problem, Hitzlsperger is not the answer and has a tendency to sway towards the center and up the field leaving that side open to attack. I'm excited about the tournament but I don't want to be let down by an underperforming Germany.

4. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    are they showing tomorrows match on telemundo, sirmanc?

i think its only on galavision tomorrow - i dont get that :(

soccertv.com for showtimes/channels...

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Schulz has pulled out of the tournament. That surely doesn't help the LB situation.

6. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    This is ****************.I was reading the paper earlier today and it has been quoted as to saying "Australian coach Frank Farina is expected to give rookie defender Ljubo Milicevic the toughest job of his career by asking him to cut German star Michael Ballack out of the game in the Confederations Cup opener in Frankfurt early tomorrow (Melbourne time)."

Link here

7. Neuwiednetronic Kev

Neuwiednetronic Kev New Member

May 4, 2005
    I'm living in Australia so I know a bit bout the Socceroos!

I think Emerton will cause problems down that left flank, if anything he would be instructed to run at the full back (player confirmed yet???)

Lucas Neill, the RB, combines really well with Emerton, so we'd probably see a few overlaps throughout the game.

Viduka is unlikely to start, so it'd be John Aloisi, who's the same type of player, but in much better form IMO now. He's really good in the air, though not known for his speed, so the defenders should manage him well on a good day. Having said that, watch for him to combine with Cahill to create space for the latter. I doubt Aloisi will get much possession, as his main job would be to draw defenders away for Cahill.

Cahill is the Ballack for Australia, he likes moving around and has a nice shot. He's smaller in size though, but pretty agro at times! Watch for him to run at Mertesacker throughout the game. This could be the defining factor for Australia in winning.

Ljubo Milicevic is the holding midfielder. I reckon he'd be chopping at Ballack like crazy, so watch out for Ollie running half way across the pitch to complain. (Then again he might be smiling since Ballack replaced him as captain!)

No, honestly, Milicevic is a sensible player, he will most likely be sliding the the left a lot to manage Deisler with Kevin Muscat.

The two Aussie CBs are solid, pretty good in the air too. Popovic usually comes up for set-pieces and can be a handful. Communication is great and they usually shut down attackers who prefer dribbling.

Schwarzer is in goal, and he's pretty solid too, I've not seen him make silly mistakes, ever, so yer. Incidently, he is German and has family in Stuttgart.

Oh I missed Chipperfield and Skoko. "Chippers" usually plays left wing, and I'd expect him to send a lot of early crosses into the box rather than run straight at Schneider. Having said that, he is also good at running inwards with the ball and combining with Cahill. So that's probably a more likely situation, since Aussies are only playing one in front.

Skoko is an utility midfielder IMO, he has lots of experience and is pretty good at attacking or defending. I have a feeling he will stick on Schweinzy a lot and upset him using evil mindtricks he's picked up in his time.

But yeah Aussies are a pretty solid unit. I think the key for Germany depends on how Ballack distributes the ball. I think if balls are threaded through to the Deisler and Schweinzy to run onto at the aussie full backs, it might cause a few problems.

Shutting Cahill down would be the key in defence. If Mertesacker is too slow in meeting him, he will take long shots all day, and one out of 10 is bound to go in!

Emerton would be equally important to look out for, as he'd be running deep into the left flank. Meeting him with Frings sliding across would be a good option, I think.

I'm really looking forward to this game! I think it'll finish..... 1-1!

8. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Chipperfield is usually played on the left,with Emerton on the right.If Emerton is having a good day you better watch out for him as he can tear any defence apart with his quick speed and good dribbling.

IMO if Germany stop Cahill having an influence they will win quite easily.

9. Neuwiednetronic Kev

May 4, 2005
    Dude maybe I think Frank is playing down Ballack so as to raise team spirit? But yeah, you never know. I think Milicevic's main concern will still be Ballack, but dunno if he'll stick on him air-tight though!

How do you see things???

10. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think Australia can win but they need to get all things right tactically and also perform on the pitch to the highest standard.On the counter will be our best chance with Emerton and Chipperfield on the wings they should use their speed to good effect and try and get the ball into the centre where Cahill and Aloisi will be roaming.

11. poolfan=)

poolfan=) New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Sydney Australia
    OZ lineup - Starting 4-3-3 formation

----------Schwarzer (GK)---------

Muscat --Moore--Popovic----Neill

-----------McKain-------------
    -----Cahill --------Skoko--------

Emerton ----Aloisi--------Chipperfield

When Viduka comes on,4-4-2 - not sure which of the Midfielders will go off, either McKain, Skoko, or even Chipperfield.

----------Schwarzer (GK)---------

Muscat --Moore--Popovic----Neill

Emerton-Cahill---Skoko---Chipperfield

---------Aloisi---------------------
    -------------Viduka---------------

I expect to be a tough fight. If Germany does their H/W on us, i expect them to win 2-1 or 1-0, we played NZ and barely beat them last week. But we will lift against the Germans. Good luck to both sides! I haveto wake up at 4:30 to watch this Sydney time :eek:

12. Neuwiednetronic Kev

May 4, 2005
    I don't think Viduka would play next to Aloisi? I think he'll replace him and Cahill will be moved up closer to the forward line. My impression is that they are quite similar, and whoever is on, their main job would be to create space for Cahill, who IMO is the key. Surely one of them is enough, in that case??? Do you think so?

I think Schweinzy will be an absolute handful for Lucas Neill. Skoko will need to shut him out, without leaving too much space for Ballack.

I think Aussies will play well, and force a 1-1 draw.

If Ballack gets his passing right, especially crosses to the far post for Podolski, then there could be problems! Kuranyi will also attempt to disturb Popovic and Moore, perhaps dropping off from the forward line to take balls up from the midfield? hmmm

I think Aussies will get more chances to score, but then again finishing is everything!!!

13. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    I'll bet on a 3:0 for germany .....even with so many Bavarians in our team :)

14. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    What's going on with him? so as to Pander?

15. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    team lineup...

______________kahn

friedrich____huth____per_______hitz

schneider__ballack__frings___schweini

__________kuranyi__poldi

16. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With that lineup, they should MURDER Australia.........

17. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    defence is definitely shaky though and i dont think australia are pushovers...

some of their individuals are pretty good and if they can gel as a team, they could definitely do well...

18. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    kuranyi off friedrich, 1-0, 17'

19. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Most definitely. I see where you are coming from and agree with you.

I just feel that Germany will be out to ease the nervousness that seems to be in the nation's football fans.

I think that motivation will push them to be so good that Australia "gelling", won't make a difference.

No argument here man. I understand your feeling.

20. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    effin hell, 1-1, huth booked, skoko scores off free kick...

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stupid ref, this isn't south america, he was stronger.

Mertesacker gets it back! Beautiful goal!

22. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Mertesacker scores! 2-1

23. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    mertesecker 2-1!!! :D

24. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

sounds like a great goal on fifa.com commentary!

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hitzlsperger is doing great as the left back....inexperience shows throughout the team but they are playing great attacking football.