(R) Former MetroStars in the Gold Cup

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by MetroFever, Jul 11, 2005.

1. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Anyone manage to catch any of the matches?

Cornell Glen- tied the match for Trinidad and Tobago with a header in injury time against Panama to tie the game. A nice header in the upper right hand corner that the keeper didn't have a chance on.

Oliver Occean- looked good against the United States on Saturday with some nice runs. Tried to do a little too much with the ball with not much help from his teammates except DeRosario. It was my first time seeing him play as he has great speed for a guy his size.

2. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brad Davis, Eddie Pope, Andy Williams.

3. NYfutbolfan

NYfutbolfan Member

Dec 17, 2000
    LI, NY
    Is the idea of this thread to state that Metros mgmt sucks because Ex-Metro are in the Gold Cup?

Cornell Glen scores a game tying goal for T&T, wow. What has he done for the Crew all season.

IMHO, the Metros are on the right track and have more talent and potential up and down the lineup than ever before. They just need to shore up that wimpy backline.

I don't consider Occean ex-Metro. I'm glad that Glen, Williams and Pope are no longer on the squad. I sometimes wonder what Davis would do, but, que sera, sera.

4. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Agreed. I mean isnt the whole fiasco over Occean that he DIDNT have a contract? Then again he WAS partially responsible for our only cup . :(

5. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    You're reading too much into it. Most players who leave the MetroStars do squat on their new teams (and that's a fact).

I could have started a thread saying current MetroStars in the Gold Cup, but it wouldn't have made much sense would it?

You might not "consider" Occean a former player, but even though it was for a very short period, he did wear the uniform, so he WAS a former player.

6. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Score some awesome free kick goals but not play a lick of defense?