[R] Fire - RSL

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by The Perfesser, May 27, 2007.

1. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Mapp was the only player on the field that game that even resembled a quality dangerous presence.

2. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you believe the match report on MLSnet, they were playing 66-a-side. That's gotta be a pretty crowded field, no wonder there weren't any goals? ;)

3. Musichascolors

Musichascolors Red Card

May 17, 2007
    Wow, for all the hype he's lost there's still several topics made about him after every game, amazing! :rolleyes:

After he schooled Celtic, their fans kept on talking about how great his pace is.

4. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    22 + players, 90 + minutes, zero goals and once again the thread disintegrates into a Freddy's slow, lacking skill, lacking quickness, lacking work party with the usual suspects in attendance, pure comedy gold.

It is my most sincere hope that he does leave RSL and goes anywhere (outside the US) else as the American soccer eat their young buffet continues. It should be mandatory, any identified talent is required to leave the country at age 15 and not allowed to return until age 24. It's not just the teams in Europe who are good at nurturing young talent.

Perhaps since RSL is so bad they will release him on 6/2, I think it would be better for everyone involved then when he comes back at 24 an accomplished player he can give the club there credit for his development.

If Adu had started 8 games at AM, had zero goals, zero assist and only 3 SOG you all would be out with your pitchforks, instead you make excuses for Ballouchy and blame Adu.

Edit: I forgot weak....

5. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of kittens have been killed by this thread.

6. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Here's the thing with that. Who else does the opposing defense have to worry about? Now it's true that he makes some poor crosses and shots, but he pretty much has to do everything himself and that forces him to try to make something out of bad opportunities. Blanco should help his stats, if not the Fire miss the playoffs easily and could end up as last place in the East.

7. I PINCH!

I PINCH! Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dave Sarachan is the coaching love child of Greg Andrulis and the management to boot is striving to the excellence of the Columbus Crew.

I dont know what the hell Liewicke and AEG see in Guppy/Sarachan but they have to be so busy with LA they just dont see that they are fcuking up a team with a 90 million dollar stadium and less and less fans per game to help pay the bills.

Signed

A guy who bought 3000 dollars of season tickets this year and wont next year if this crap keeps up.