[R] Denmark England, Copenhagen 17/8.

Discussion in 'England' started by white riot, Aug 12, 2005.

1. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    David James...

He shoudl never again play an international game for England, or any country, ever.

It's Been Said.
    Not it shall be done.

2. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    i disagree.

i think he should definately play for scotland.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really like the idea of the 3-5-2 that was posted earlier.

to reiterate my previous question for all those calling for sven to be sacked, who would take over from him.

Sam allardyce has been the only name brought up- i aint too high on that.

Bobby robson is available i think- him and kevin dyer reunited again.

4. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    i agree, it's a coin toss between bobby and mike bassett.

5. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    I think Big Sam would do a great job. As somebody mentioned earlier, Sven makes up tactics and then decides to slot players in wherever they fit best. Allardyce, on the other hand, is great at working to his team's strengths as well as getting the best out of players, even those past their primes. It's just he's never had the talent at his disposal before, so he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    but do u think big sam would take over if asked. after guding bolton to their finish last season, i could se him sticking out another season to see how high he could get them. if i recall, PRENNS a bolton supporter, what do u think man.

another name i would mention is Curbs, everyone knows Charltons season is always done by the start of the 2nd half of the season in january, the fans start getting tired of a poor finish by the addicks, maybe he'd take the job.

oh well, oops let me not forget,

Harry Redknapp for England Manager- u cant beat that.

7. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata
    I have just one thing to say...

Best Game Ever.

[​IMG]

England 1 - Denmark 4

---

trolling aside, I don't think this is a disaster.

#1 It's just a friendly
    #2 Everybody has a bad day (Argentina 1 - Brazil 4 - ConfedCup)
    #3 There's no doubt in anyone's mind now that David James sucks beyond all belief. Period

removing that wanker of a goalie can only help england..

Keep your chins up. This one doesn't mean a thing.

8. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Another thing that might help would be for our players to rest during the summer as opposed to flying all over the bloody planet playing in pointless tournaments in some half brained attempt to promote the 'World game.' It's no wonder they looked listless and uninterested they probably didn't know which timezone they were in.

9. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

yeah like getting done by Ecuador in a WC qualifier.

[​IMG]

10. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001

The players that took part were rested in the summer.
    We sent the reserves to America and they were hungry and won the games.
    Not like the slackers who turned out against Denmark ,Spain and a number of other teams.
    Might as well field backup players in the friendly games if the first team are too bone idle to work in these games.
    Only beckham ,Rooney and Owen made any effort. Becks works his bollocks off in every game unlike fvckin lampard and gerrard.

11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that this was only a friendly and also the players are probably having a summer hangover at the moment. I only saw the second half and England were pretty poor. The thing that scares me though was that this wasn't Brazil or Argentina England were playing - this was Denmark. Denmark are a side who have virtually no chance of going to the world cup next year and who currently lie in 4th place in their world cup qualifying group, some 11 points behind leaders Ukraine and only three ahead of Albania.

12. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    yeah ,makes me wonder how we managed to beat the mighty top 5 ranking USA squad the other month when we get done by Denmark.
    oh thats right ,its a fvckin friendly.

13. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm sure Sam would jump at the chance.

I do not want Steve McClaren as England manager though.

14. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001

Lets see how allardyce does in Europe this year .We know he is shrewd in the transfer market but is he as shrewd at tactics??
    McClaren proved he wasnt too sharp when Boro played in Europe.
    I have to say that allardyce does have the character to be manager though.
    He could motivate the players and they would respect him.
    Sven is the most bland character around and the players 'like him' because he is soft .

15. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tactically Big Sam's one of the best managers in the Premiership, certainly out of the English managers. He knows how to get the best out of his players. Our real concern about playing in Europe will be our paper thin squad.

Although they were buggered by injuries. IMO they did better in Europe than Newcastle did (relatively speaking)

Yeah, how could you not like someone who will play you every time regardless of form or other players.

16. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    .......and not get angry after a defeat .A softie in the dressing room.

He is from the arrigho sacchi era of football that is now passed .His brand of football is early to mid 90s stuff . Outdated in 2005.

17. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Nicely put Prenn - IIRC Sam was the first to implement the 4-3-3 in the prem. He was also one of the first to fully implement some of the continental attitudes to fitness, diet etc.

Sam is a shrewd bugger and is hugely passionate - I'd rather have him on the bench in charge than the comatose Swede when we need to turn a game around. The only real question mark is whether he could handle the egos in the team - considering how Okocha has performed at Bolton I don't think he'd have a problem....

How'd you feel about losing your manager though?

18. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd be gutted because there's no way we'd replace him, it'd almost certainly end up in our relegation after a few seasons.

I believe that any big name player who wouldn't respect Sam for what he could bring to their game and the England team is not worth having in the side.

19. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    And the fact that he still plays like ******** means he should be out of the squad ASAP.

Oh, to all those suggesting a 3-5-2; won't work. England don't have anyone who could be a wingback on the right. Beckham certainly can't do it (he'd actually have to run up a sideline), and requiring SWP to do serious defending is stupid. He's not that good at it. He's also not a great crosser. England are stuck with a 4-4-2 unless Beckham becomes a winger again. *snort*

20. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    for friendlies yeah.
    He can hand in his sicknote for every friendly if he turns up thinking its a holiday.
    might as well pick someone who wants to to turn up.
    guys like carrick or parker.

I seen Hargreaves play on the right for Bayern many times and do a good job.
    Kieron Dyer could do a job in that role .Beckham still does plenty of wing work despite what people who dont watch the games think.
    SWP must have something if mourinho wants him for such a high price .

We got plenty of options and not stuck to 4-4-2 at all.
    There are many tactical variations that we could try out and not just a basic 4-4-2 that erikssons uses.

21. delmundo

delmundo Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If it is "only" a friendly then perhaps they could not charge the fans to come and watch the exercise.
    Sven has one good saving grace.
    He can get dates with large breasted women.
    The lads will play for that stuff.
    He is a great tactitioner.

22. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Agreed, not McClaren. He is Eriksson Mark II.

Another defensive minded coach.

We need Big Sam. He's got personality, can gain respect in the dressing room and can make gutsy desicions when need be.

He would be ideal. I think he can get results and still retain some discipline and flair in the team.

He said he would stand down in a few years didn't he? Me thinks he should take it on in 2006 for the start of the 2008 qualifiers...

I cannot bear SGE in charge for Euro 2008. They guy has underperformed the past few years. 2006 will be his last tournament as England coach.

23. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata
    Ecuador is #3 right now in the WCQ. And same thing happened to Brazil in Quito, what is your point? that ecuador is a difficult team only at high altitude? Congratulations, that postcard was sent out years ago.

We came back and beat Brazil 3-1 in WCQ... eat that you mong.

And as if anybody thinks England would be able to beat Ecuador even at sea level.. much less in Quito.

But don't worry, you'll be able to get out of that wet paper bag you call Group 6.

LOL.

:D

Forgetting sin ron mong for a moment, I still think England shouldn't take this game seriously. If anything it is better to lose in a friendly and learn from mistakes ** cough ** Sven ** cough **.. than to go into it thinking you can win it all because you did so well in WCQ and then coming out empty ** cough ** Argentina/Bielsa **cough **.

24. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I don't want England playing like Bolton. :(

25. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You mean you don't want England to play to it's strengths and be tactically versitile?

Or are you one of those who falls for the southern media's hype that we're a long ball team?