R Cerritos news....

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by RSCA_TEXAN, Sep 11, 2007.

1. RSCA_TEXAN

RSCA_TEXAN Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  2. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting find.

Here's the press release that mentions Cerritos - it's in Spanish and I couldn't find one in English that mentions him:

click here.

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    El Sr. Martínez, a la vez, informó que se está conversando seriamente con el experimentado delantero salvadoreño Ronald Cerritos, quien milita en el equipo San Salvador de la Primera División de El Salvador, y se espera llegar a un acuerdo en las próximas semanas.

<Mr. Martinez mentioned that he is serious conversation with the experienced Salvadorean forward Ronald Cerritos (who currently is on the roster of "San Salvador" of the Salvadorean 1st Division) and expects to reach an agreement in the next coulpe of weeks.>

in other words its not offical yet. thank goodness i speak mexican otherwise we would've been misinformed. RSCA you can't start anymore threads unless your sources are credible.

4. RSCA_TEXAN

RSCA_TEXAN Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I guess wikipedia is lying...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Cerritos

is my original source...

but found the following

Silvino Gonzalo, who said he will coach the proposed expansion USL team called Real Maryland FC, tells me that Salvadoran forward Ronald Cerritos (a longtime MLS player who spent time with United) has tentatively agreed to play for the new club starting next year. "It's 99 percent," Gonzalo said.
    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2007/06/dcu_news_and_notes.html

so you might be right.. and wikipedia could be wrong...

5. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    I hope he does well. I always like keeping up with Ronald Cerritos. I thought it was cool when he was able to play in the Gold Cup this summer.

6. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    Wikipedia should never be considered an official source. Heck, I can go in there and edit anything and state that money grows on trees and pigs fly with their retractable wings under their scapulas.

7. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, that press release is dated July 9, so they may still be negotiating or the deal may be done but not yet announced. Who knows. If so, you'd think they'd update the Real Maryland site, but it doesn't look like anyone's put much work into it lately.

Anyway, it would make some sense. There's a huge Salvadoran community in the metro DC area, so Cerritos could reasonably be expected to be something of a draw. It's also the USL2, which is actually the third division in the US (although some of the teams in that league are really more semi-pro than fully professional).