Alert: [R] Arsenal vs AC Milan Tue 3-5-12 @ 2:30 pm

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Romfordray, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good effort by the squad...just too big a hole to dig out of.

But lest there be any confusion, RomfordRay, this result does not relieve you of your match-thread-starting duties....quite the contrary. Onward and upward!

2. voltman

voltman Member

Mar 26, 2008
    I blame Jordan Henderson.

3. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to see OO for 10 min in the MF or maybe 20. Song looked like he was about to die and Chambo was hurt. What was the point in bringing on Chamakh and Park who were non-factors? One of them maybe, but both?

4. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    First I'd like to say. Great match. The left everything on the pitch last night, and the guys made me very proud with their effort. That spirit will see us through to third this year. It's difficult situation for Wenger, do you really throw in Ozyakup out there in match of this magnitude? Though Song did look like he was going to keel over on the pitch. He needs rest bad.

5. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    I think most fans feel that in the bigger picture Arshavin was just not working out anymore. But I think we also felt that he may, MAY, have had an impact last night. Not that one game is worth making the big picture worse, but he could have put in a decent ball or two at the end. Not that anyone had any legs to latch on to one at the end....

I was actually thinking Henry would have been a hell of a guy to bring on there...stupid RedBull.

6. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    At least Chamakh put in a decent shift. Park...not so much. :eek:

7. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    What the hell is a decent shift? I mean do you get credit for just showing up to work? What about the quality of work you put in? The subs were abject, Park, Chamakh, just wretched and its because they get no burn during the year so expecting them to tear it up last night was folly.

We need a deeper bench, but then bench players are so over inflated in terms of salary/transfer that you can't win anyway.

Great effort by the guys, Abiatti is a shit keeper but he did his job. Nothing but respect for the squad. Oh and the Ref should be investigated. Anyone who still doesn't get that Kos is a great great CB including the stupid media pundits, even the french ones,should just ******** off.

8. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I can't help thinking that the way the game turned out couldn't have been worse for the Arsenal:

1.) In the end, they are out of the CL.

2.) While they did win, it seems a pyrrhic victory at best. At halftime they were only trailing by a goal on the aggregate scoreboard, and so Wegner pulled all the stops to try and secure a W. Theo and Ox pick up knocks as a result.

I guess it all depends on the outcome of the upcoming Newcastle match.

9. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    We don't play till Monday, hence the going all out. Bigup the Arsenal!!

10. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Chamakh making 1 pass in 20 minutes.

11. Lemartes

Lemartes Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When they came on, I don't think there was much in the way of going forward for anyone, to be honest. Not really a good base to judge of either of them in that period, at least for me.

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I just read on L'equipe that Wenger could potentially get into some trouble with UEFA again, over his actions in the match...Another hearing for the guy.

13. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    this is being said so much, he is almost overrated now.

14. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but we do have a lot of players that are getting a lot of money to basically do nothing. Wenger even admitted it in the press conference. So why do we have so much players getting pay a lot of money to basically do nothing or not play at the expected level. In the real world, if your not performing then there is a high chance that your getting fired. Point is we have a lot of players, but none of them are decent replacement. Depth is about quality not quantity.

Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled that we restored our dignity with 3 goals!!!! But, the second half really summed up our season. With Ox limping, Wenger look at this filled benched and think "f***********ck"

Sorry I had to take a low blow at Ramsey like that, but i can't see him playing for us in the next two to three years. If Gotze come in, it might be over for him.

15. isugunner

isugunner Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Johnston, IA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is Ramsey's first full season back from his leg break. A little to early to be calling time on his Arsenal career I think.

16. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure how you're slamming the Italian league. The only two members of the EPL which could even make it out of the group stages were Chelsea and Arsenal, and both EPL teams will be knocked out by teams from the Italian league which makes you sad.

The Serie A is not a bad league, they have some talent.

17. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct. And I think Abbiati deserves a ton of credit. He came up huge against van Persie 3 or 4 times over the course of the two games. If he fails to save any 1 of those, it could be a different story. Tip of the cap to him.

18. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's The ignorance of People who follow English football. I can understand the style of the league not being their cup of tea, but to say they are shit is the height of ignorance.

Especially now when people say Serie A teams play slow. A)nothing is wrong with it B)it's not a slow league anymore. Teams have upped the tempo now. C)premiership has as many divers as Serie A.

19. balocha

balocha Member

Oct 4, 2008
    [​IMG]

20. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what about the defender placed directly between Song and Park?

21. balocha

balocha Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Song had plenty of time and space to make a clear pass to Park. If it was any other player, he would have made that pass. It was the most obvious play to make in that situation but he chose not to even when he looked in that direction before gifting it back to Milan. Wenger has as much blame for not having played Park enough in the first team to build trust and chemistry with the other players.

22. venkatwaran

venkatwaran New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yessss.... You took it Arsenal...

23. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And obviously this one misplaced pass was the turning point of the game.

24. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    With all of the injuries we have had, and we've had even more injuries than Chelsea have had internal politics, don't you think it's telling that Wenger STILL doesn't play Park? I mean, for Wenger to push a striker that far down the bench, he has to be truly bad, and has to punch a baby in the process.

Hell, Wenger gave Baptista and Aliadiere time.

25. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, when Ox was limping, you could tell that Wenger didn't trust his bench at all. Feel bad for Park--he could've been playing many games at Lille now if we didn't intercept him to sit on our bench and do nothing.