Alert: [R] Arsenal vs AC Milan Tue 3-5-12 @ 2:30 pm

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Romfordray, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal versus AC Milan
    Tue, March 6, 2:20 pm EST
    Fox Soccer Channel
    Emirates Stadium

Two great clubs. One of them (Milan) had to reinvent itself and now are poised to be great for many years to come. We are down 0-4 but stranger things have happened....right?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SleLoTY3SpM&feature=related"]Cesc Fàbregas amazing goal against AC Milan - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry about the late thread and crappy music on the video. Throw caution to the wind and go at 'em from the whistle.

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. Fitzgerald#11

Fitzgerald#11 Member

May 23, 2007
    Calgary
    -------Chez
    Sagna Kos TV5
    ------Song
    Theo Arteta Ox
    -------RVP
    ---Park Chamakh

4. Lemartes

Lemartes Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That would be interesting to see Van Persie play behind Chamakh and Park, doubt it'll happen. Shame too, they could get really decent crosses from him

5. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Smash in 5. Don't let them score. That is all.

:p

6. Fitzgerald#11

Fitzgerald#11 Member

May 23, 2007
    Calgary
    Either win 6-0 or lose 6-4

No 1-1 or 2-1 game

7. Innawerkz

Innawerkz Member

May 11, 2010
    Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Isn't today March 5th?

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Milan is starting to hit their stride, so the 1st goal is huge
    for Arsenal. If the crowd gets in it loud and early with
    1st strike, a 4-4 tie leading to PK COULD happen.

Prediction: 2-1 to The Arsenal

9. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hate to be this guy, but I am not sure I would gamble on the fitness of any injured/tired players. 4-0 is a mountain to climb against a talented AC Milan team. You never want to go into a game not trying to win, but don't sacrifice the league run for a slim chance of a comeback.

In saying that, not sure how many players can be rotated/rested.

Edit: Just read an article with Wenger saying he will not rest anyone. So I guess something like this:
    Gervinho--RVP--Theo
    Rosicky--Song--Arteta??
    Gibbs--Vermaelen--Kos--Sagna
    ----------Szc

Arteta seems ok, but not sure he will be back in tomorrow. Ramsey is out so who would fill in? Yossi?

10. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yossi & Arteta are both out. I think we'll see Ox as a #10 or Chamakh start at center forward with van Persie dropping into the playmaker role.

11. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    definitely think we win the match, but lose on aggregate.
    going to have to score 6 is way too much for any side. (we won't keep a clean sheet)

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Exactly my sentiment. I think we will come out with a good performance and keep the momentum going and get a result. But overcoming the 4 goal deficit is too much for any team.

13. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Whatever.

In my opinion, play a "b" side to start and if we're lucky enough to get up 2 goals to none, trot our RVP and a couple of other first-teamers to try to get the miracle win.

Otherwise, start prepping for the next game now.

14. GoaTisseM

GoaTisseM New Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  15. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    Five nil...
    We're gonna win five nil,
    we're gonna win five nil..
    ..we're gonna win five nil.

Five nil...
    We're gonna win five nil,
    we're gonna win five nil..
    ..we're gonna win five nil.

16. fari

fari Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Denver,CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

anything is possible. milan is a side that blew a 3-0 half time lead lest we forget. yeah i know...i'm reaching but that's what fans do right

17. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I don't care if we don't go through. I just want us to restore some pride. Milan got extremely lucky even if this is our worst side in years. Let's beat them by 2 goals or so and get the confidence back to finish this year strong and carry on to the next. I really don't want to risk some players but hey, we're Arsenal...losing players to injury is inevitable. Just win boys! Come on you Gunners!

18. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All they have to do is score one and we need -six-. I like all of the "we're going to do our best" talk, but I think it's stupid not to rotate heavily.

But Wenger says he'll start RvP, so wtf. Put four in the back, song in front of them, and send everyone else on attack. Tell them pressure is off and just go have fun...

19. Fitzgerald#11

Fitzgerald#11 Member

May 23, 2007
    Calgary
    Wenger is considering fielding Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott, Gervinho AND Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in a desperate attempt to overhaul mighty AC Milan's 4-0 lead from the first leg of their last-16 tie.

Arsenal boss Wenger insists he will go for the jugular at the Emirates, and is convinced his men can pull off a miracle.

Wenger said: "I can take a risk, because I have no choice, basically. I have only two midfielders - (Alex) Song and (Tomas) Rosicky. That means we have to play with four strikers.

"I can play six strikers if I want - I have enough strikers: I have (Marouane) Chamakh, (Ju Young) Park, Van Persie, Gervinho, Walcott and Chamberlain.

"I'm tempted. I have to see if Rosicky is available or not. If Rosicky is not available, I will be in a very difficult situation, because I don't know what I can do then."

20. UnionFan11

UnionFan11 Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think if we're going to go for it, this lineup would be our best considering all of our injuries

-----Chamakh---Theo----
    Gerv-----RvP------OX----------
    ----------Song-----------
    Gibbs--Kos--Verm---Sagna
    --------Shez----------
    Let RvP play in the pocket behind the aerial threat (Chamakh) and use Walcott's speed to stretch them. Let them attack us so we can spring on the counter, and if they pack it in we have Gerv, Ox, Theo who call can beat their man to create.

21. HubGunner

HubGunner New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    Boston
    Totally agreed. I say bag it. Put it this way, if they thrashed Milan 5-1 they still wouldn't go thru. I'm already looking forward to Newcastle on 3/12.

22. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What the hell, Brasil '70, chingada-madres!

Bring back the 4-2-4!

23. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kill doesn't seem right here. Double kill doesn't seem to get us enough goals. I'm going to go over the top and say this is what we should be looking for:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjYeMQLatc4&feature=related"]Unreal Tournament Ludicrous Kill Sound - YouTube[/ame]

24. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see Ox get a chance in the ACM role.

25. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the chances of us beating a top side 4-0 at home are unrealistic, but that doesn't matter.

I want to see us leave it all on the field. Just win. Show them that the first leg was just a one-off.