Alert: [R] Arsenal versus Everton, March 21, 4 pm

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Romfordray, Mar 13, 2012.

1. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The back 4 was exceptional tonight. Kos, Verm, Sagna and Gibbs might have played their best defensive game as a unit this year.
    Kos was imperial (He tends to remind me of the Kaizer Frantz), Verm was immense as well. Hats off to Gibbs, he owned the left channel.
    That bodes well for the remainder of the season and for the future.

2. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fairness, must say Everton got ********ed in that. What a joke of a linesman. Nice to be on the right side of that sometimes though.

A bit worrying how everyone disappeared, but you take everything away from home. I thought the defense was mostly great. Huge to pick up these point.

3. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    we've had more than enough luck go against us...
    nice to get some our way.

what a day to be a gooner.. F U 4th...

4. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    Koscielny is a dominate player.
    can't believe arsene picked him out of nowhere..
    i should, after finding toure and anelka.. but still..

5. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Everton have a good record at home from the middle of January, they beat Chelski, Fulham, Citeh and the Spuds

I wouldnt rag too much on our 'missing' players. A bit more credit is due, great result.

6. Saukrates

Saukrates Member

Sep 17, 2001
    DALLAS,TX
    Finally glad that Koscielny is now getting the recognition he deserves, he is always immense, last season all he lacked was a little bit of experience, but it was obvious that he had all the tools to be a great defender. Its interesting that Arsenal are now pressing a lot, and that it has also coincided with Rosicky having a run in the team.

7. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Fullbacks as well. Now we have the speed and width that we lacked. I think maybe that's why Wenger stuck with Rosicky on the left, because we needed to be more balanced. I still prefer Ros in the middle and Gerv/Ox on the left.

8. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  9. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've only completely missed a handful of games.

I always catch them later in the day when I get off work. Still sucks though, it's difficult avoiding all my asshole friends who love to ruin it for me.

BTW: great first 20, frustration second 70, BUT, great result, and great results everywhere else.

Great day.

10. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We started well, but despite Everton playing well towards the end I'm glad we held out. And as Chelsea lost, a better day yet.

The defence won it for us though, and we're looking a lot more solid now. And we're showing a lot more balls/bollocks than when Cesc and Na$ri were around. I see Na$ri scored against Chelsea, well i'm glad he's been shit so far for Citeh this season. Four months of good form doesn't make one a world class player.

11. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the back 4 today were fackin immaculate. They did not put a foot in wrong. Not a single one of them. Epic performance by them.

What a win, and the results turned in our favor. lol. This shit was hilarious.

12. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Things have really fallen our way recently. Let's hope it keeps up through the end of the season.

13. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looked to me like Ramsey was the one playing wide on the left mostly. Anyway, good game. Unfortunate that we didn't kill it off early, but i'm glad the team stayed tough and kept a clean sheet.

14. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    if the linesman wasn't so inept, we should of drawn this game.
    just sayin..

plenty of bad signs again on the road except for the most important thing.. 3 points.
    smoke and mirrors wins out.

15. Ryndal

Ryndal Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    STFU you negative twit

16. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's true

we were lucky, but hell if I care.

17. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not easy going to Goodison Park and getting all three points.....I'm just glad we got away with 3 points. Moving onwards! Two steals in Meyerside!

19. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    If the field ref weren't so inept, we would have had a PK.

I can't figure out if the linesman ruled Jelavic was active in the play or if he was just completely wrong. He got so many others wrong it's hard to tell.

20. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching the replay now. I think the offside was on Jelavic for being involved in the play. I'm not always a huge fan of the passive offside rule, and I think the AR actually got it right. Having said that, I'll probably go check the myriad of illustrations about the offside law that will probably prove me wrong.

21. VAComet85

VAComet85 Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Further, if Ramsey and RvP had stuck their volleys in the net we'd have something like 4-nil. So they can have the offside goal, make it 4-1, and we'd still get the 3 points. :D I like the 'If-This-Happened' Game when we win a whole lot more. Haha

22. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've checked the illustrative examples and now think the AR blew it. Had Szczesny appeared distracted by Jalavic, the call would have been correct.

23. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe if Jelavic ever got his ass onside, the linesman wouldn't get confused. The lino raised his flag 10 times on Everton. That's Adebayor status.

Anyway, did anyone notice that Everton's Argentinian forward looked like he comes from the same cave as Tevez? HGH?

24. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You and your gifs. Perfect. :D

25. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hahah, I was thinking that exact same thing! My brother yelled at the tv when he got upset about being offside and called him a ugly pos. I told him he was Argentinian and he said no wonder he looks like Tevez.