[R] Argentina - Australia [R] @ Confed Cup in Germany

Discussion in 'Germany' started by HeyaBVB, Jun 18, 2005.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Juninho over Kaka might work because Juninho might give them the edge they need. If they take out Emerson, they better replace him with another midfielder who can pressure and defend, like Gilberto Silva, or they will have serious defensive problems.

But I think that Brazil's problem is not Kaka or Emerson. It is obvious that Ronaldinho is not playing for Brazil the way he plays with Barcelona, and Robinho hasn't showed up yet in a tough match at the highest level. Adriano is getting his chances, but the offense didn't really click yet. Perhaps Robinho is the one who should be replaced.

2. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Well like I said don't think the German team won't be taking the game seriously on Tuesday. We haven't won against a top 5 team for ages, and doing this now on home soil is too great a chance to miss, especially against Argentina. I would only be worried if it were a World Cup match, but maybe not even then. Doesn't seem Klinsmann's style anyway.

3. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    I agree with your view of Brazil.
    But that has always been the history of Brazil in soccer.Weak deffensevely and superior offensevely.And still when they truly want to win they end up doing it.Soccer is a game of eleven men versus eleven men where Brazil always wins.

As I have said Brazil is a team that only plays at his top level t decisive moments.Just like Argentina.

Mexico always crumbles at decisive moments
    They are a team that likes to live of the anecdote
    of winning to one of the top teams in the group stages.

The important is winning the title and winning in the direct elimination stage.In the group stage you only need to qualify.Brazil have know this in the last three WC.where they have reached the final.

Argentina always have quality.A balanced team.Therefore having great opportunities of winning titles.But they always end up more in deception note.

4. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    I would bite my ass, 5 goals in 2 games and null points.
    But Australia is a good team, hope to see them next year in Germany again.
    Welcome to Germany again, Aussies.

5. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Australia's coach Frank Farina is a ********ing idiot!McKain has proved to me in the last 2 games he is a much better central defender than both Moore and Popovic yet he didn't even get to start the Argentina game after being very impressive in the Germany game once he came.I am sick of this bs Farina is doing and I sort of hope Australia lose vs Tunisia so he loses his job.

6. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bolded the key line. When Brazil WANTS TO WIN, they wind up doing it. Argentina can be balanced but more often than not, when it comes to comparison with Brazil, the Argentines also come up "losers".

Five World Cups To Two. Those are what matters.

I don't think Confed Cups count to these two powerhouses.

7. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It's the confidence that every Brazil team has...they know they SHOULD beat you, its just the question of whether they actually do want to beat you. Sometimes, I feel that Brazil just like to toy around with sides, and that burns them sometimes.

8. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. But I don't think they are "toying" with anyone at the Confed Cup. They just aren't giving their best effort. None of the "big" teams wants to get anyone hurt.