[R] 2007 Hyundai A-League Grand Final Thread: Melbourne vs. Adelaide

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by Hachiko, Feb 11, 2007.

1. FAR-QUE

FAR-QUE New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    on SBS radio
    Fossie went off this is not hyperbole

40 Technicals
    27 Tacticals
    10 Clarsshes
    50 Brazilians
    15 Anti-butcher comments

2. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

3. Seraphium

Seraphium New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    wtf

Adelaide there was nothing wrong with the refs

You played the game like it was some sort of wrestling match, our refs are very light when it comes to decisions, you think they are going to be like this in the ACL?? hah.. seriously the older boofheads in the AU team screwed everything up, and then i laugh at the subbing of quite possibly the better younger players like Djite when they are already 6-0 down!!, And they still played burns on the wing??

GG

4. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct, buddy boy. ;)

5. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Adelaide have good players but they dont have players for all the right positions.. its like having a team full of ruud van nistelrooys or eto or something.. you got to have your forwards, your midfielders and your defenders.

you cant have strikers as wingers, defenders as left backs etc

6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well I dont think anyone wouldve picked that result.

Congratulations to the Melbourne Victory team and their coach, who proved quite a few people wrong, including a lot of their own fans such as MVFC on these forums, by proving they could win even without sacking Merrick.

Great crowd, and great for the league.

Good luck next year.... its always harder as defending Champions. :cool:

7. FAR-QUE

FAR-QUE New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Technically and tactically a world clarsh performance by the technically and tactically world clarsh Victory. It is no wonder the two teams in the grand final contain a number of technically gifted Brazilians. Fernado Rech Brazilian and Brazilian Diego were simply out clarshed by Brazilian Fred.

What about the technically clarshed Archie Thompson, 5 goals one clashey player there.

The tactically gifted Ernie Merick was genious, this is what happens when do work and go to places like Brazil and see the technically gifted players in person and not by DVD or go to places where they do not play technically and tactically clarsh football like England.

This is Terry Butchers biggest down fall he comes from a country that does not play technically and tactically world clarsh football. Another downfall of Terry Butcher he does not allow Sydney to play a freeflowing attacking football in the Brazilian/Dutch/French entertaining style of play. He Instead has taught them the non technically and tactically world clarsh hoof and hope
    longball English style of play.

Sydney needs a Technical director so they can select coaches that will teach the technically and tactically world clarsh freeflowing attacking football in the Brazilian/Dutch/French entertaining style of play.

So does Adelaide united who also need to learn the freeflowing attacking football in the Brazilian/Dutch/French entertaining style of play. Kosmina was tactically enept to use the technically gifted Brazilians in a way that is technically and tactically world clarsh.

As for Ross Aloisi you are just not technically and tactically world clarsh.

8. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thanks Fozzie!! :D

9. Aussie_Boy

Aussie_Boy New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    The Cove
    That was a disgraceful performance put up by Adelaide.

10. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Is that the highest score in A League History?

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I actually go for Brisbane. I used to go for Fitzroy and I have followed the Lions since the merger. You must understand that Melbourne is the home of football. The main issues are decided in Melbourne. Perth does not dictate the terms. Go wank over Chris Judd.

M Lo, why would I want to go to Sydney? You have the Mardi Gras. I don't want to go to a city full of pansies.

12. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In terms of aggregate score, or margin of difference?

In either case, for a two-year-old league, I'd be willing to say yes.

13. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Actually, i have read once or twice, that Melbourne has a higher percentage gay population than Sydney!! Seriously! Not that it really matters. :)

14. sarkies magic

sarkies magic Red Card

Feb 19, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia

Yeah i'm pretty sure it is.. I think Adelaide beat NZ 6-1 once but it may have been 5-1. 6-0 is defenetely the biggest shallacking and what a day to do it on and a team to do it against!

15. M Lo

M Lo Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Sydney
    I am not sure what you are getting at?

First you want someone to go and play with themselves over another man .... and then you refer to wanting to avoid a city full such individuals .... Are you a little confused....

.... back "dor"

Anyway Im just keeping the Sydney (we are the number 1 city in Aus) vs Melbourne (we want to be) dream alive.

16. socceroos-oos-oos

socceroos-oos-oos New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Re: What a Victory by Victory

I no ay
    he is a joke

17. MannyMayhem

MannyMayhem New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Studio City, CA
    Congrats to Melbourne. I watched the match on FSC and Thompson and Fred put on a clinic. They were quite fun to watch. Hopefully they play the Grand Final next year as well.

18. Decentric

Decentric Member

Jul 16, 2006

These Sweeney Report figures are obsolete. The October, 2006 Sweeney Report figures are AFL (57%), Soccer (56%), swimming(56%), cricket (52%), tennis (52%) and the two rugby codes are about 40% each.

19. Decentric

Decentric Member

Jul 16, 2006

The home and away averages for season 2006/7 are 14 500 on Australian soil. The New Zealand Knights recorded just over 3 000 per game. The finals would have boosted the figures.

20. SSbit

SSbit New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Sydney

Well done to Melbourne and especially Thompson for scoring 5 of the 6 goals.

21. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia

was absolutely awesome game, we never picked archie to score 5.

22. Satjoe2003

Satjoe2003 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Anyone know where i can watch/download this match?

I missed it and now im desperate to see it. Can anyone help?

I can't seem to find any torrent sites with it :(

23. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ha ha ha! Did you think of that one by yourself?

24. M Lo

M Lo Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Sydney
    Yep. All by myself. Anyway, hope you enjoy watching Sydney FC over the next few weeks :cool:

25. Peterdinho

Peterdinho New Member

Feb 20, 2007