Rückrunde.2019////BMG

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 14, 2019.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hecking might have not designed many alternative plans with this team...but its more about the players than the coach.At least what i have seen so far.....ive said this before at the end of the day its the players that step on that field...and so far they have been passive flat and without any hunger to win the 1 on 1's etc.
    Same old shit different management !
    :confused::(o_Oo_O:sick::speechless::speechless::speechless:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  2. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Borussia is full of attitude!
    since yesterday at least...
    listen to Klopp talking about our new coach (just a few days ago) :
    "Marco can have every job. And do a good job. He is the most hyped of all. Everybody is asking me about him."

a lot of wild speculations at the moment: Eberl moving up and Schröder of Mainz replacing him; a lot of new blood on the flanks; an investor coming in (I don't think so) and above all more greed, punch, fighting... and higher targets... which means: A_T_T_I_T_U_D_E_!
    all of this setting in summer... don't miss it!

[we will recognise them by their deeds I guess]

3. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    yep, the team shows the same bloodless demeanor like last season's Rückrunde (backed by really bad teamstats: running performance, sprints etc)
    this here is interesting (not sure if everything is to the point: I liked Eberl's "I don't know this guy")
    https://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/...rum-das-Team-in-der-Ergebniskrise-steckt.html

4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

upload_2019-4-4_18-59-28.jpeg

Bananenflanke repped this.
  5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hecking has more credit and a better track record than all our current players...proper attitude and value for the jersey and club colors has long vanished...loosing to BVB and Hollywood is one thing...but the rest of the games we handed over or roughly managed to pick up a point was totally the fault of the players.You dont see these players realize what club and the kind of tradition they are representing...we lost most games to obvious things such as ..not scoring in front of the goal and inside the 18...and not just a game here and a game there...many games out of the past 7 games the boys each had 1-2 1on1's with the kepper and simply turned it into a cluster fackkkkk...our mid field also does not cover the same amount of milage etc etc...tackling is weak...using of empty spaces and tactical positioning with/without the ball is nowhere to be found...Hecking staying in his position and accepting to fight till the end shows how bad ass and old school he is...at least he is trying to show he needs to do everything in his power to finish on a positive note at Gladbach b/c his reputation matters to him ...something i wish i could say about our starting 11 sadly! :cautious::cautious::confused::confused::mad::mad:o_Oo_O:sick::sick::whistling::whistling::speechless::speechless:
    Next up Bremen and an inform one...id be happy with a draw at this point...kissing CLnext season goodbye...remaining fixtures are all against solid teams with a good record during the 2nd half of the season either sitting above us or ready to leap frog us :ninja::alien::ninja:

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I like his old school style!
    he wants to stay to the bitter end but the end should be sweet he said (and for him it doesn't matter if -finally- it's ending with CL or EC... I don't get that, of course IT MATTERS, Dieter)
    but if the players don't run or fight, like a lot of people think, it's HIS JOB job to make them run! even the most restrained and sypathetic media are discussing the 'wellness oasis Borussia' (meaning that they are not squeezing out the last percent like the Frankfurters do)
    but he repeatedly pointed out that they are all fine guys and they are working hard (Hazard received an enema nonetheless [is this German phrase working in English? ;-)]
    I'm clueless (see below), I don't know what's going on, I'm too far away

anyway Hecking at press conference today (paraphrased):
    Borussia is a club which usually should target 5th, 6th, 7th place; people who demand that Borussia should normally finish 1st to 5th are more or less clueless! (and having worked for W'burg he learned to recognize the different financial possibilities in the last two and half years)
    media may write what they want, but believe him: he knows!

7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    regarding the attitude: it sounds we are not gonna attack Real Madrid pretty soon (who would have thought?... we are so naive ;-))), because EBERL told RP today (automated translation):

Eberl There are clubs that have been up there for decades and have quite different possibilities than we have. Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Leipzig, Wolfsburg - they must all be in front of us. We are only a few years on top and can only compete with these clubs if they allow themselves a period of weakness and we play at the same time at top level. That's why we have not talked small, but always tried to realistically assess what happens. The fact that we are in European Cup the whole time is not automatic. But yes: If we play all the time up there, we want to grab our chance of the season end of course. We have developed extremely, but you get nothing for free. So I have to worry about what the next step can be, to increase the likelihood of succeeding. That includes a decision that I have just made.
    So the goal is the new strategic direction, to increase the probability of success? Or is it about exhausting new financial opportunities?
    Eberl The financial possibilities are almost exhausted. The stadium is mostly sold out, in sponsoring and merchandising, we are at the upper limit in terms of TV money, we are fourth. The hotel gives us sustainability, but not Europe. That's why we have to make the most of the opportunities we have. To do that, we have to strategically position ourselves to be even faster than others, to be even smarter than others, because that's an advantage we've had in the past. And we have to work it out again.
    Can strategic partners be part of the new strategic direction based on the model of FC Bayern?
    Eberl Even strategic partners will ask if they put their millions in clubs in which the Champions League is not guaranteed. Whether there will be strategic partners we'll see.
    So the main source of additional revenue is the European Cup?
    Eberl That's one possible source of income, the other is the transfers. This has been the way for ten years that has allowed us to move forward. But we always have to keep the balance between revenue and a capable team that is feasible without Europe. It is possible, but hard on the edge. And without Europe, of course, there are the players who then want to go to clubs that play internationally. On the other hand, even if we come to Europe, that is no guarantee that the top players will stay.
    Does the crisis affect negotiations with new players? Is the argument Europe missing?
    Eberl It matters, but it is not the basis of decision making for the players we want. There are no classic Champions League players coming to us because we can not guarantee that. Players who want to take the next step and develop are coming to us. They say: Europe would be great, the Champions League fantastic. But I'm mainly interested in the club and the way in Borussia.

That stays that way in the new strategy?
    Eberl Our basic orientation is without alternative. We will continue to follow the path with young players who develop and get value. By strategy I do not mean conception, but construction and structure.
    Borussia remains a development club and a wellness oasis?
    Eberl We are a club that is ambitious and wants the greatest possible success. We never talked about being an oasis of well-being. I associate it with relaxation and reclining. We do not do that. We give players the best possible framework to deliver the best possible performance.

8. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #84 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Its not his job to make sure Mr.Neuhaus and likes of him score an open goal...and not once but several times a game and each and everytime fail worse than before...if so Hecking should get paid both as a coach and a striker...and save Max the headache of contract negotiations with so called profi players!
    So many many times UNDER DIFFERENT coaches and their tactical orientations i might add the same players or core of payers have FFFFacked up 1 on 1's that even oberliga 2nd tier players most likely would have scored ! I want to get into ball precision and reading the opposition but nah thats too advance and complicated for a club such as Borussia...these players better worry about their hair style and color coding it their ugly neon Nikes.....or even worse gold sneakers and Ferrari's just like how Drmic likes to roll....disgusting!:eek::whistling::whistling::confused:
    :speechless:

10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell that worthless POS he either leaves Germany, or he stays. If he stays, plaster his worthless ass on the bench the entire year. That F-er quit on his club, he shouldn't be rewarded for it.

Oh; and I told you all from the jump he was overrated garbage and couldn't carry his brother's jock!
    He's created an entire career off of somebody else's name.

Yeah, I'm pissed.........and I'm tired of seeing this club played by divas who are nothing more than legends in their own minds...............
    Belgian glory-hunting cock sucker

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I got the last one but generally I'm not really good at making sense of emoticons
    do you mean THEY are surrendering?
    or are YOU yielding to Dieter's indisputable clear-sightedness? ;-)))

I'm ok with the 5th-7th place as a medium target; I don't think this generally is a problem of attitude, it's just realistic
    but if the club has finished 9th the last two seasons AND if you are on a wave this season you should better ride it as long as you can because if there are outliers at the lower end there have to be outliers at the upper end, too
    we all knew the point average of Hinrunde wouldn't last but now the team (or parts of it) is in the carelessly-squander-mode again as if they (or some of them) are not bothering at all: that is happening too often, the swings are too big and all this is garnished with that "at the end and all in all it nonetheless will be an good season"-drivel... a buttersoft summary long before the season ends
    uh, that definitely is an attitude-problem!

I assume Hecking is tactically a little bit inflexible and hesitant (in modern soccer you can't find a solution and than stick to it forever you always have to be slick and unpredictable) and it's striking that more or less all his teams tend to suck in the 2nd half of the season (he has his credits too: he stabilzed us in rough water and the 3-0 win in Munich is and will always be epic)
    that's the one thing
    the other thing is that the team has a tendency to cave in too easily when in head wind
    maybe because of the kind of soccer we play (which comes with certain types of characters?), I don't know but there is a mentality problem (even some of the players admit)... maybe Eberl could have done better (the mixture is the essence), maybe Hecking could have been more demanding... we'll never know

now the interesting thing: yesterday I did some research regarding our new coach (I guess today at 13:15 CET he officially is): willingness, hunger for victory, work ethic etc are key demands in his view
    but is this the right squad for him? can he do some kind of magic? wake them up? it's not only Hecking who has failed in setting this free so far!
    It will be interesting to see, stay tuned

12. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #88 Bananenflanke, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    that are strong opinions for a guy who might be 'clueless' (sorry, it's Dieter speaking out of me ;))))))))))))))
    Thor definitely divides the ghosts! you are not the only one!
    I kind of liked him, yes he wasted hundreds of chances but a lot of them he created himself, he made things happening when we were on our way to fall asleep, he continually improved (in medium steps), and in terms of work ethic he seldomly failed: all these sprints! speed + sprints: nothing we had plenty of, right?
    he played five seasons for Borussia which is much in modern soccer
    he'll never become a legend of the club, his jersey will pop off rather quick from the stands... and I never loved him like Reus but I liked him and I'm not pissed
    who didn't see it coming? it's ok for me and i'm sure it's ok for the club (as long as Dortmund is more or less matching the L'pool-offer and Thor isn't making any trouble) at the end it's all? about money
    we need the money for Dieter's severance pay! and for Dieter's entourage! and for Rose' buyout! (up to 3M the Austrians say), and for Rose's entourage! and for the contract extension of our meritorious Hofmann (cough slightly here) and, oh i forgot, to sign a 'thrilling' [quote Eberl] successor
    there is no bizness like soccerbizness!

13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I would prefer to see him elsewhere... not in Bundesliga
    then again Dahoud's move to D'mund was a blank cartridge so far...

14. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    research-impressions:
    Rose certainly is no showmen, no talker, no self-exposer
    he learned under Klopp, Rangnick, Tuchel but hasn't an ego as big (so far)
    very down to earth, not very charismatic... who cares: they say he is very good in engaging his players... that's more important than amazing all these stupid demanding supporters and journalists ;-)
    Rangnick (some days ago): "No matter where he goes, the club can actually be congratulated right now."

Rose's entourage:
    René Maric, top-notch tactics nerd
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/19/chatroom-bootroom-rene-maric-modern-coach-salzburg
    Patrick Eibenberger - top notch athletics coach
    Alexander Zickler - the bullet I have to bite... back in the days I pronouncedly disliked him (like his other teammates...)

15. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #91 LuckyStriker, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    I got the last one but generally I'm not really good at making sense of emoticons
    do you mean THEY are surrendering?
    or are YOU yielding to Dieter's indisputable clear-sightedness? ;-)))

Should clear it up for you then: Professional Sport......If you are not in it to win it there is no point in the exercise.

a buttersoft summary long before the season ends
    uh, that definitely is an attitude-problem!

100%- and it's systemic within the club and everybody who has a hand in running it.

I don't know but there is a mentality problem (even some of the players admit)... maybe Eberl could have done better (the mixture is the essence), maybe Hecking could have been more demanding... we'll never know

I'm happy enough-given how long it has gone on-to presume enough to know for both of us.........................

now the interesting thing: yesterday I did some research regarding our new coach (I guess today at 13:15 CET he officially is): willingness, hunger for victory, work ethic etc are key demands in his view
    but is this the right squad for him? can he do some kind of magic? wake them up? it's not only Hecking who has failed in setting this free so far!

Given the current issues as I see it, I'm going to have to vote NO-but "if" these are his values I'm happy to keep him and ditch all the rest. Sounds like the guy would be better left to his own devices and build a squad who actually CARE from scratch..................... I loved this team, and am devastated to watch what has happened to it. It's a damn shame-but as long as everybody gets paid to grease the skids for the FC Cannibals and be: VD's of this world......................

those are strong opinions for a guy who might be 'clueless'..............

I neither know nor recognize any other kind. Come strong-or don't come at all.

Thor definitely divides the ghosts!..... You are not the only one! .................. I kind of liked him. ............... Who didn't see it coming?........ In the end it's all about money.

I hated him before it was cool; maybe I saw through him a little earlier.............Good to hear there's some life left around that place............somebody had to..................Nobody-which is the greater point. Inertia in the face of oncoming trains crushes more than your dreams.......... No, it's not. It's about real competition-and the forces which have gotten away with destroying it to the detriment of all who loved the game. If all money is equal, that tool can take Deadpool's or enjoy a long holiday away from athletics. Selling to your opponents is a self-fulfilling prophecy of defeat. Should never be sanctioned. You want to leave? You're leaving the country. Period. German clubs holding down competition by stealing their talents the minute they feel threatened is tantamount to a REAL restraint of trade. Maybe if they want to kick in a % of all their prize monies to the affected clubs I might reconsider. On second thought-nah- go to hell soccer monopolists!

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's often been the case, at least in the BL. Good here--not so much elsewhere. Where is Neustaedter now, for example? Reus is of course an exception, but given that he grew up in Dortmund, I understood that move.

17. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands

if 'it' is the championship Nuremberg or Hannover f.e. never should've started excercising ;-)

I guess western culture sooner or later is ending up in an oatmeal but there are still cultural differences; maybe this is one because in Germany
    + you sometimes here sayings like above from 'inferiors' ... usually meant as a joke! ;-)))
    + you sometimes hear it from guys who only just finished reading the book of an American ;-) motivation coach but who most of the time are not taken that seriously
    + you seldomly hear it in earnest (if the conditions for contest aren't that fantastic): don't remember which head coach but one said "it's called the Meisterschaft, so I wanna become Meister" and Nagelsmann said it last summer "I'm always striving for the maximum and that's the championship" but usually we're much more restrained over here because people have the tendency to rub it under your nose later on [what shall I say? Nagelsmann is 7th at the moment and definitely needs a strong finish ;))))))] ... and you easily get labeled as a big mouth...
    in the U.S. (I guess) it's more like 'at least the attitude was right!'... it's similar in business (I guess): in Germany you are kind of stigmatized when you are bankrupt in the U.S. it's more like 'so what, let's try again!' (I guess)...
    also the saying 'better a terrible end than unending terror' is more American than German (I guess)... in this point I'm definitely with the Americans ;-)

you may be right but I'm pretty sure this times are over now [no, I'm not overenthusiastic but I guess Eberl finally 'got it' and in combination with Rose the future is bright ;-)]

there certainly have to be some personnel upheaval... interesting to see in what extent this is possible...

right, it's not all about money (see Leicester)... and our new coach agrees with you: 'in soccer everything is possible' and having more money than the others (like he had in the last two years) is no sure-fire success he said (see W'burg, S04 I say) ... B-U-T what are the chances?
    and in the case of Thor IT IS a money thing: a club who has to finance his efforts (see 'upheaval' above) to a huge amount from transfers has to go for it (no matter where he leaves to), in other words Hazard (given his age and his expiring contract) is ready for harvesting... that's why nobody in the club is pissed (the strategy of the club is: if he stays, FINE! if he brings in 35M, FINE TOO! - the whole situation is more or less what they club is aiming at) and even the supporters aren't disappointed at all... when Reus left there were people who cried and people who didn't talk at all for a few days... but Thor? only a shrug and 'not easy to replace but most likely we'll find a good successor (for less money)' ...
    of course -theoretically- an option: "Thor, you may go, but only to L'pool, otherwise you stay till end of contract" and usually the next-step-bandwagon-players would answer "Uh, in this case I play along because the next step is crucial too me'... the thing is: I'm not sure about that with Thor, he said how he loves Borussia, how comfortable his family feels and so on and I believe him... so he might answer "Ok, I'll stay another season and leave for free" and that's exactly what the club DOESN'T WANT... I hope I got your thinking (it's similar to mine it seems) but I think we guys shouldn't manage Borussia ;-))))

bam! on the point!

18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    in this decade? of the players we lost to bigger clubs only four left a void I guess:
    Reus (the biggest loss, but then again given his several trillion injuries… he‘s gonna stay at his hometown club till the end he recently told), ter Stegen (TOP5 on his position worldwide), Xhaka and Kruse (regarding mental strenght both a huge loss, in soccer/sporting terms Stindl was an excellent replacement for Kruse)
    the we-are-bleeding-out-theory is pure nonsense for my liking
    that‘s not the reason we finished 9th two times

p.s.
    one might argue about Dante, but Alvaro was an excellent replacement, too.. unfortunately his health didn't play along...

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    the good news:
    1) 3 points and F'furt has lost!
    2) Zak has to play and Sommer is still in fine form
    the bad news:
    1) Stindl out for 6 months!
    2) if we continue performing this way L'zig ist gonna wipe the floor with us at Easter... again extremely poor finishing and again maintenace-soccer after the 1-0 (against a clueless and injury-hit opponent!)... I don't think we could have taken three points from ANY OTHER Bundesliga-opponent on saturday...
    3) no Kruse next season, definitely

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man ive never seen a stricker with so much technical problems and yet being on the starting 11 sheet week in n week out.
    His head is always down...too much HYPE...i really like to see Hazard leave this club.It also makes me wonder about the coaching staff????If we can see how he just drops his head down and speeds off to weird corners of the pitch ...or sometimes fires a sloppy shot without any proper vision ...just makes me wonder???I hope we sell him soon get some good money...he is nothing but "EMPTY CALORIES"
    And why Ibo & Wendt where introduced to the game tonight so late???? We got so much dangerous momentum once they where on the pitch!

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I had to second your post once again b/c am pissed like you but 5x more...watching him play tonight again reminded me of nothing but backyard football at high school..remember when you used to get ejected from class b/c you where tardy or not prepared for the course and u ended up being kicked out ....and playing with a bunch of other kids that where kicked out of their classes ....just waiting and killing time till the final Buzz and getting called into the head masters room to get your aRss handed over to you...thats Thor H for you!!!!!
    A Belgian stale waffle deep fried in old and bad oil!
    :confused::mad::confused::mad::(:sick::(:sick::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fuark at this rate even EUROPA LEAGUE seems like dreaming of Disnyland..einteract is speeding away on top of us while two other teams have us lock and loaded in their radar...all they need is to press on the trigger and fire away their Spparow's (fot those of u that have seen live fire of course) !
    :rolleyes::(:cautious::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::ninja::whistling::sick:

23. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you understand our euphemism: " playing out the string?"............................

In that vein:
    For anybody more aware than I would be (and that's pretty much everybody) I keep tabs on transfer windows, but I don't understand the coming changes in view of the fact I don't know how the new coach sees the game. When you say Klopp/ Teuchel disciple it gives me some understanding of his tempo-but how does he want to operate stylistically?

* suspect this is likely to be very different in totality-want to anticipate how much of this club is history after game 34. A bit, no?

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very interesting point....i guess am so drowned and in love with this club that i cant see the tress b/c of the forest!
    u talk about our new coach yes? Rose that is ?