Rückrunde//2018//BMG

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    good to hear! the credit for the quote goes to Kobra Wegmann

that by the way is a good record!

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The result sucked obviously..but the look of the pitch gave me some flashbacks/goosebumps...reminded me of the Bokelberg days!
    :)

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Finally somebody picked the exact words out of my mouth...and what i have been pointing out here and there thru the years right here on this forum for a decade...all the new kids talking about the perfect tactics and which player will do great in what position..when the key problem is none of these people as much as they sound great and knowledgeable on forums and paper..but they have never played the game on a pro/semi pro level...so here goes more about these "LAPTOP COACHES"...thanks to Ballack for making my life much easier...:thumbsup::D:D:thumbsdown:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    New coach generation and training
    Ballack: "Scholl's critique is important"

98 international matches, EURO and World Cup appearances, five championships and nine cup wins: Michael Ballack was a world-class player, a star of the Bundesliga and the Premier League. In the kicker talk about the situation of football (Monday edition) he defends his former teammate Mehmet Scholl and his statements on the younger generation of coaches and youth education.

[​IMG]
    "The control of the players has taken over": The development towards the footballer does not like Michael Ballack.
    © imago[​IMG]
    Scholl had criticized the generation around Julian Nagelsmann, Hannes Wolf and Domenico Tedesco as well as the work with young talents. Too little individualism, too much tactics. "Scholl was a world-class player, and the way I met him, he's a cross-thinker you do not always have to agree with," says Ballack. And: "He worked for Bayern, he knows exactly what's going on there in the underground area and I do not want to rate the form of his criticism, but it's important." The impulses of the former Bayern star and national player should be taken seriously. Therefore Ballack emphasizes: "I think it's not good when Jürgen Klopp says it's not important, what Scholl says Klopp is the exception as a top coach." Many are based on Klopp, but have less quality. "

"We should put the quality of ex-players at the highest level more in football, especially in the youth field."Michael Ballack

The experience of a former professional on a world-class level holds the three-time footballer of the year for a special value. And this missing a part of the younger generation of coaches, Ballack says: "They are motivated and certainly have a good coach education, but often relatively little experience in the absolute top range and there we talk about the problem: We should the quality of ex-players Incorporate more into football at the highest level, especially in the youth field, which is absolutely crucial for me. "

The 41-year-old is not about "young or old coaches", but about "quality". Ballack explains: "There are quality reasons why, for example, players only played in the 3rd or 4th league, so maybe they went the way of the coach, which is legitimate, and if we are honest, we ask: are these the people? They are referred to as laptop trainers, they are well trained, they can articulate, their ideas are eloquently presented, but theory and practice are two completely different experiences.

Ballack: "Leadership is the most important thing"

When thinking of junior performance centers Ballack displeases the progressive development towards a glassy footballer. "Lactate levels, speed readings, all that used to be there, but reaction times are measured, stress situations are simulated, sleep patterns are analyzed, eating habits, how the body responds, everything is available, the players' control has gotten out of hand," he says. "This data is judged by the players, albeit subjectively, which is insanity, which certainly means an improvement in the athletic field, but it must not be to the detriment of individual quality."

And further: "Personality development is an elementary building block for me, and it is also associated with certain freedoms. Often, exceptional players are hard to handle, they know themselves that they have that certain something, sometimes taking out things that are difficult to convey are in the group, here leadership is the most important thing in terms of the future character of the player. "

In the big interview in the Monday edition of kicker , Michael Ballack also talks about the "worst set of a coach", the "quality problem" in Germany, the value of players like Mats Hummels and the chances of FC Bayern in the Champions League. He also talks about his difficult career end and his personal future.

;):D:ninja:

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #54 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Watched some of the other games and...Koln is playing some really nice fluid football with great precision and tactical intelligence ....and of course Kruse and Co which are coming to town this friday:thumbsdown::speechless::speechless::confused:
    Bremen already is riding the waves of positive mental attitude after beating HSV..and Kruse is in Top-Form...not sure this time around we can hold them at bay!:confused::eek::confused: Even in the first half of the season we got a bit lucky beating them.
    Anybody looked at the players stats??? Ginter has been responsible for most of the goals we have conceived????? Not what u expect from a former BVB Defender which also plays for the NE eh?? what the F...k is going on here???Would a club such as BVB with deep pockets release a solid D player??
    Suddenly Marco Marin's name comes to mind??? where is he and does he even play anymore??Last time i checked he was playing somewhere in Spain?
    Even Amin Younes would be a blessing for us...there was a time when we used to keep these players and build on them...suddenly we have changed into something out of Doctor Frankenstein's office..half human half something else..Max wake the fack up..we either have to stick to our bread and butter..which used to be building players..or move up and spend money and be more like big money clubs ( which we cant obviously) so why is Eberl complaining?? If we dont have and cant spend big numbers on players then lets do what we do best...invest in young raw talent..there was never a shortage of players at Gladbach..but now it seems we have even forgotten our own trade...on both ends we have failed..money wise we cant afford much ( according to max) and as far as young raw talent goes..the tank is empty..wow.Well done front office!
    Am surprised Hans Meyer has been quiet in such a situation:cautious:o_O:eek:

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    wow, in some degree it was a Bundesligaweekend of things we have never seen before (or, at least, not seen for quite some time):

two 'good' matches in a row!... another win against Werder and the sleepy times might be over... ok, let's not rejoice too early
    it was 'good' except for the finishing, of course... our weakness in shot efficiency still is striking... can't say we left slapstick-mode already

[à propos Slapstick-mode, here is an offtopic-goodie from this weekends 2.Bundesliga:]

[I especially liked how -not in this video- he remained in position like frozen for quite some seconds after the goal]

Kramer really was on fire... that was pretty obvious even before his great shot
    Kramer: "Actually, I don't have a shot like this in my repertoire."
    Stindl: "there was an incredible solo-run of him before .... and I already thought: What's going on here?"
    Sommer (smiling): "Strictly speaking Chris isn't very good at shooting."
    Hecking: "In training I have never seen anything like this from Chris before."
    Kramer was a superior guiding player at this match... we need more players with the attitude to 'knock over the ram' like that when nothing else will do
    Zak remarkably recovered from his little slump ... Veste was very good, as was Sommer... and even if Boba fails to do what he has to do in the first place (scoring!) he at least is keeping the opponent's defenders busy...

and another "never before": Ox & Egbo were the first Englishmen to play for the same team at the same time in Bundesliga history (they even raised the bar: the first Londoners!)

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Werder definitely is one of the clubs I expect more from next season... at least the new coach is very interesting...
    but on saturday they had trouble to beat the momentarily lousiest team of the league... we're gonna triple score, yes we do!
    still: I want Kruse back, I hope he's gonna have a bad day against us

I never was a fan of Ginter and still am not... but he has a lot of scorer points to his credit (by the way: Cuisance has 0 ;-) and overall he's doing ok for my liking... he has to improve his built-up play... too many 'safe' lateral passes...
    yeah, Christensen was pure class... he grabbed his place at Chelsea easily and if you wanna sign him you nowadays have to spend 50Mplus... Ginter was 17M and for a player of his age it was a good catch I suppose... and he definitely wanted to leave BVB, it's not that D'mund offensively put him in the shop window or even palmed him off on us (Hofmann might be another case ;-)

I'm not with you regarding this two I'm afraid
    Marin despeartely wanted to leave and we even more desperately needed the money... there was no other choice!... makes no sense for me to rub this in Eberl's face years later without taking into account the circumstance at that time
    Marin kind of wasted his career... he played for several hundred clubs in dozens of countries but nowhere left behind a lasting impression ... a pretty impressive account balance though! so is wasn't all bad ;-))))))))

the roster places are limited: Younes showed talent but failed to stand out for quite some time... and if (in this situation) the (any) club gets an substantial offer (an offer the player also likes) you normally chose to free up space, it's as simple as that... Sow was a similar case... you have two years at adult level... if you don't become a serious contender for the players on your position your time at Borussia is over... that's not different from other clubs
    you can't start storing your youngsters in the dozen in the hope of hitting the jackpot with one or two
    but I have to admit I don't see in Younes what others do (so the majority might be with you ;-)... I was surprised when Jogi called him up... I was surprised when Napoli wanted to sign him... I've seen him play just 9 or ten times in the last two years: he definitely is no finisher (that's what we need), he's injured a lot (that's what we already have... in the dozen)... he once in a while shines at Ajax... a club that is way ahead of 90% of the rest of the league (we are not).. I mean: Luuk de Jong looks like a monster scorer at a similar club in the same league... Younes is very well-suited for the dutch 4-3-3 (we don't play this formation)

honestly? I think you are idealizing the past
    yes, we could do better, especially our U23 isn't exactly fertile ground the last seasons... but we never had nearly as many classy talents in our squad since they started calling Borussia 'Die Fohlenelf' in the early 70s
    by the way: Meyer never was progressive in bringing in young talents... he almost always chose for the old war horses (to some extent because we were short on talents at his time, but still...)... he benched Marin when we fought against relegation
    also scouting talent is becoming totally easy... unfortunately signing (real!) talent is becoming more and more complicated... every club of the big leagues is more or less aware of every 15year old who is able to kick ball (wether he is from Turkmenistan, Transylvania or Walachia) ... scouting the undiscovered gems like we did before generally has become a thing of the past... if we wanna compete internationally we gonna need pure class... once it was sufficient to scan the Lower Rhine (Vogts, the great Criens from Neuss and many many others) and purposefully add some Germans from the rest of the country and Borussia was able to win the UEFA-cup ... not gonna happen again... the real talents who push us forward usually attract interest of big money... in this competition Borussia isn't doing bad at the moment I guess

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All along the game the camera was capturing facial expressions of Kramer..the devil had taken him over and he was really on fire and was bleeding to do something massive and that was what exactly the football god's gave him....he just couldnt keep still and cool..cause normally he is very very cool...that was a brilliant shot..something ud expected from the likes of Effe and Lothar back in the day!
    :)

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would like Kruse back as well,but not going to happen!
    Am also surprised Younes was called upon by jogi.
    I may be idolizing the past...but i still think somehwere as difficult as it may be..our strength still remains in not giving up on fetching those raw talents...yes i agree its difficult and yes big money clubs are hungrier than ever...but that is one tool in our tool box that i think we are still good at and need to not forget it..b/c our clubs name and history still has a lot of weight in the football world and a destination that many would dream of playing so we might as well use it still while it lasts!
    :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::alien::devilish::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    no contradiction here! (not sure about Kruse coming back though ;-)

"our strength still remains in not giving up on fetching those raw talents"
    that's it, no doubt, if we lose ground here we'll degenerate in the long term
    I just don't see too many dark clouds at the moment... just a little imbalance: plenty in midfield... few strikers (it's all up to Villalba)
    maybe in hindsight one or another former Borussia-talent had the class to stay (I can only think of a few who shined elsewehere to be honest) and would help us now but usually there were good reasons when they left:
    another talent (Marin vs. Holtby f.e.) or two relatively young but already established players blocked their way up
    they got impatient & restless too early like Malli (they are young who could blame then) ... sometimes other clubs promised them a lot of playing time
    they get better offers which Borussia couldn't match or didn't want to match
    they received an offer when Borussia needed money
    their agents talked them into it because changing clubs means making money for agents
    they looked nice on the pitch but were unprofessional (Kurt)
    they didn't fit into the formation
    they didn't get along with the manager (or their teammates)
    they looked injury prone to the physicians
    ... there are plenty more ... but I'm tired ;-)
    most of the time followers like us don't get the full information when it happens and we stick to our phantasies that X or Y should have make it in Gladbach and that those responsible didn't see it, stupid as they are... I still meet supporters who think it was a mistake to let Hrgota go... unbelievable but true ;-)

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe its the missing link and piece we have been waiting for all these years and not so much the players ( past and present) except for Kurt ...am glad we flushed him down the tubes ????And once that piece returns back to Borussia and its rightful place this imbalance u speak of will clear up as well.....or at least most of it!!!!! I mean the PUMA connection :D;):D:D:thumbsup::devilish::ninja::alien:

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As you all know i do sometimes manage to look into my crystal ball...and use my god gifted extraordinary powers and see the future:D:ninja::ninja::D
    I was informed that the lad's will manage the game tonight with a 3-1 victory !!!!!
    o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:alien::devilish::alien:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

12. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I got a slow cup of coffe after lunch and looked into the coffee grounds (no, we don't read tea leaves over here)
    I saw Boba score!

according to Hecking and Streich (Max' former coach at Freiburg) we're playing against FC Kruse today...

13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    seven years ago against Werder Boba scored two and assisted with another two

14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was also seven years ago.

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    apparently you made a good point!
    it was just the story that had to be told... unfortunately the soccer gods refused to recognize our innocent wishful thinking
    I should have known... I switched to a new type of coffee... one of these expensive 'political correct' ones... apparently these kind of coffee grounds weren't really familiar to me... better I go back to inferior coffee goods ;-)

Borussia is just too much for me this season... it seems I'm getting old...

16. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Deutsche Welle: "Mönchengladbach kaputt"
    they are right, it was obvious several times before:
    Zak out? bad!
    Kramer out? bad!
    Zak + Kramer out? extra bad!

... and defensive stability is gone gone gone gone...

17. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lawn looked good in the snow.......................

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OMG this comment about the lawn was priceless and made me laugh ( not joking) after another disastrous display tonight...typical Gladbach eh LOL! If points were handed out for the perfect pitch..this week would have taken cherry hom...too bad thats not how it works:speechless::sick::speechless:
    Another thing u guys missed out on was how "Stellar" postbank has managed to designe its yellow...even Sommers yellow shirt couldnt mask that yellow crap logo:x3::whistling::cautious::whistling::oops::whistling::geek:

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok am not a massive fan of Hecking but i neither criticize him much...but in a game that we finally managed to shut out and reduce the opponent to a 2nd tier team ..a Bremen team that is also very clinical with players that have a much better balling skill and scoring skills and totally run circles around us as far as technical ball skills go...we lose the few remaining game changing players such as kramer and zak...who he decides to bring in for Kramer???? Toni Janschke....am a huge fan of him but he is more of an old school working type...please tell me if am wrong?? At that point there was about 20 + min on the clock or so Mr.Hecking what are u thinking???? And Bremen is picking up its tempo momentum and is highly motivated to take all 3 points home...as an experienced coach don't decide to control a game with a half aRss defensive scheme ... bring in a defensive horse with weak ball skills !! Why not grifo? or even Drmic in a more defensive role ( btw Hoffman sucked from get go why he was not pulled off is a whole nother story?????)..but the guys mentioned can score and move btwn the lines and create danger for our storm players..i dont know maybe am too comfortable watching it all from the comfort of my home...but switching to #24 was a huge mistake no???
    Last but not least..wasent that a PK?? With Hoffman i mean..the ball clearly reflected off the Bremen player..some of you guys that are more experienced maybe can shed some light here...was it an advantage?? Back in the day the Ref could keep a close eyes on balls that made contact with the ball if it wasent on purpose or didn't affect the end result..but later on if am not wrong any ball that touched / made contact with your hand would be called as a PK??
    Anyway i think its safe to say we are nowhere near ready to make a final drive towards the 2-5 spot of the table...i think we are even lucky being where we are at the moment...oh and lastly and please dont convicne me otherwise
    Max really sucks...because at winter break it was clearly none of our injured players are coming back...hey even if u dont have a medical background as a manager u must be in close relationship with the rehab team...and considering Raffa was running on an empty tank why on earth he didnt do anything about it??? I guess am sounding like a broken record...lets forget it all...i like bananen feel the same...sometimes Gladbach is just too much to handle ...sadly the down times and periods that drive u crazy from the starting 11 on the pitch to its management
    are so much and consistently happening that i swear they should compensate the fans in some sort of way...i dount any fan goes thru so much BS..season in and season out!
    Dont wanna even think about what Hollywood would do to us at AA

:confused::speechless::speechless::unsure::unsure::sick::sick::(:(

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I cant get over this...Mr.H thanks again for creating a smile on my face..my sister even knocked on my dore and was asking what the hell is so funny!!!!
    Its amazing what a deep down laugh can do to elevate your overall state of mind:ROFLMAO::D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hate those expensive coffee's and all that lingo and fuss and certain girly body language that comes along with it or even worse the new era hippie / green peace wannabe people that walk around with their coffees cups...they all mostly carry a man purse as well... all those social media keyboard brave guy experts,all u need to do is to look at their hands..u can tell all u need to know by looking at a guys hand and btw have u noticed they all talk in certain way..u know those people that have a Nasal Deviation of problem with their sinuses right??They all sound like that... their voice pitch and tone i mean and how they prolong certain vowels and alphabet i cant exactly explain it but i think u get my point...i used to go a few blocks farther to a gas station vs the starbucks that was right in front of my place just to avoid all this fake BS.
    So at least we both agree there is no hope btwn my tea leaves and your expensive coffee ??LOL:p
    :sneaky::eek::whistling::cautious::D:D:D:D:D:D

22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why stop there? Uniforms have been awful for what seems like 2 years.
    Penguins at home, slime away........................

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL, am enjoying this & its very true...truth be told the team's performance and management fiasco's have been such handful that who can even get to the kits and uniforms...thats why the only thing am really excited ( mostly b/c it reminds of my childhood and teens and the clubs glory days) is when the mighty PUMA comes to its birthplace and lets admit Puma really rocks in design specially for footballing and am sure they would put exceptional care and effort when they arrive to Gladbach...now that we are on this topic..do u even like the new style of kits?? longer shorts and those long sock's?? Does it not look more like basketball kits??? I wish the shorts would have stayed sorter..like it used to...and as much as i like bright colors whats with these weird football boots???

Btw about that PK and Hofmann..why referees in Germany out of all countries are deteriorating in quality like an ice cream does in Fort Lauderdale's sunshine in mid July???

"
    Hofmann: I spoke to the refereeing assistants whilst still on the pitch; they confirmed that it did hit his hand. The question was whether it was intentional or not – I was told immediately after the game that my header would probably have gone in, and, in my opinion, Eggestein makes himself bigger with his arms, so it could, if not should have been a penalty. The decision was obviously frustrating for us, but that wasn’t the deciding factor either."
    :eek::eek::cautious:o_Oo_O:speechless::speechless::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::sick::sick:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please dont feel obligated here since we are less than handful on this forum supporting Gladbach to comment or decide about this

So i guess there are 9 more games left to play in this season before the Buli closes shop and the NE will be the next station for the players and Russia
    up for grabs ( will Stindl and Ginter go??? slim chance imo)

So 9 games = 27 points
    I would say this current Gladbach team under these circumstances and looking at our opponents
    We would be lucky if we pick up 8 - 10 points from the remaining season (And that's me being extremely wishful )

Feel free to share your prediction :devilish::alien::devilish::alien::devilish:

25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have been an extremely average team this season. 12-15 points.