Rückrunde 2022

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Bananenflanke, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    today we face the team against which we have this awfull, awfull, really a-w-f-u-l-l record in the last seasons
    I really would like us to win even if this would strengthen the chances of Rose's departure towards this market-listed construct (by now I have more sympathy for Bayern than for them)

yet the Embolo-story is even overshadowing this and the Rose-story...
    Rose: "It‘s Breel who is responsible for the situation. … Trust is a very important factor in day-to-day cooperation and every breach of trust has an impact on our cooperation."
    media is feeding us stories like 'party-refugee Embolo trying to escape over a roof' and 'Embolo hiding from a female police officer in the bathroom'... (sounds like the behaviour of a pubescent 13-year-old but I checked: he's 23)... all of this is hearsay the club says (but should it turn out he lied in the face of Rose, other club officials and his teammates it's better to part ways at the end of the season I guess)

Tikus is available again:
    Rose: "He knows that we have won games without him in the past few weeks and that the performance before his suspension wasn't always convincing." ... “I hope he makes headlines again as a good footballer and gets back the credit he has lost. He has our support.” … "I really expect him to work to the max."

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  2. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    YES! SWALLOW THAT PLASTICS.

And get your dirty hands off Marco Rose.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Bananenflanke repped this.
  3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    hallelujah, the awful (just one 'l' today) BVB-streak is broken!
    that was the hell of a match which topped the Bayern match (as good as it gets without spectators in the stadium... this constant back and forth would have created a great atmosphere)
    ultrasharp start from our side, Gladbach ruled... and I thought: all these sprints! how long can this last? turned out just under 20min then D'mund was all over us... frustrating but also interesting to see how fast they entered the right space and teared our defence apart... but this also didn't last very long... the rest was very well defended from our side (and bad defended from their side) while still staying sharp and focused
    we've lost 3 BL-matches so far, Reus' (the varnish is coming off) team has already lost 7...

Elvedi: 3 goals out of 2 matches!
    Bense: bringing his RIGHT foot into action, definitely back after four Corona-weeks alone in his appartment!
    Tikus: delivered what was ordered!... and saluted
    Sommer: back in peak form!
    Kramer: representing Borussia's incredible mileage game by game
    Neuhaus: is more and more indicating future world class (though still too many highly dangerous turnovers)
    Hofmann: after looking like a hanger-on for a long time he finally & clearly has become a key-player (incredible job from Rose and of course Jonas himself)

Rose did what a coach had to do when he switched from back three to back four (and he also replaced Stindl with Wolf... again!... I guess he's intentionally annoying us ;-))
    3 of our goals as a consequence of set pieces, Gladbach is no.1 at this... Rose: Honestly? We barely train this. We just talk about it.

watched the first half with switched on field-micro only: catched a lot of interesting coaching from the sideline and some remarks which were exactly like mine (Rose when VAR kicked in again: "Same shit, here we go again!")
    and I did something I haven't done for quite a while: I watched the complete 2nd half standing in front of my TV... thanks for that Borussia!
    but Union of course will be a different kind of match I guess...

acc. to media they also have their filthy hands on Neuhaus
    unlike a Bayern-move this is never ever gonna happen, I'm sure

Dage repped this.
  5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I always systematically sprinkle linguistic errors into my posts because, as we all know, the quest for perfection makes some people completely unbearable ;-) ... and, to quote from below: "Perfection is often defined as being flawless. But that is perhaps not so desirable"
    but the 'catched' from above happened accidentally, so shame on me, correct would be 'caughted' of course ;-)

anyway, Borussia is not Eberl (or Rose) alone there is more to it
    here is a longer, interesting article about one of Borussia's assistant coaches
    (autotranslated, which is much quicker and most of all BETTER than anything I could have done):

"René Marić: "There is almost nothing I enjoy more than when our players are successful"

"With the pieces in this position, every chess player would roll their eyes," laughs René Marić. Borussia's assistant coach is standing in the FohlenSportsbar, in front of him a set up chess board with relatively randomly placed pieces. VfL photographer Christian Verheyen has come up with a scenery with a chessboard for the photo shoot, but Marić doesn't want to just get started. And then he's lost in his smartphone, looking for famous chess positions in historical endgames. Incidentally, there is a very interesting book called “Football and Chess”, says Marić, while the pieces on the board, guided by his hand, gradually find their “right” place. After all, the shoot can start with a clear conscience. But today he hardly plays chess himself, says Marić. "I only used to do that with my father - to fall asleep."

It is getting late. The lanterns and lights around BORUSSIA-PARK have long gone on, the FohlenElf players are already at home, and René Marić has just come out of the coach's office - discussion round late at night. “We discuss a lot with one another. Whether about the next training session, the players, the last or the next game, ”he says at a table in the FohlenSportsbar, where the subsequent conversation with the FohlenEcho editor takes place. By "we", Marić means much more than just Borussia's head coach Marco Rose and his assistant coaches. Whether medical staff or video analysts - everyone is involved. The players too, of course. After all, they have to put all gray theory into practice in the end. "When we ask for something, we want to hear the impressions of the guys and how they feel on the pitch," says Marić. “We are often given interesting details. I also hope that we will provide the players with interesting and helpful details. "

Detail work, that's what it's all about. At the Bundesliga and Champions League level, nuances ultimately decide. Marić and his colleagues cannot present ready-made solutions to the players, every game is too unpredictable. In the end, the players make the decision on the pitch. “We support them in making this decision as well as possible.” Because that is exactly what is tactic in the end, says Marić. To put the players in a position from which they can then make good decisions or those that suit them. “Whether a player does it from gut instinct and, for example, passes two players - that's one thing I don't have to specify in advance using a precise sequence of steps. But on the contrary." In football, as in life in general, you can't do anything really perfect, says Marić. “Perfection is often defined as being flawless. But that is perhaps not so desirable ”, said Borussia's assistant coach. “If you are afraid of making mistakes, you do not take the risk when it is necessary. Or you don't trust yourself to do things that you can actually do. If you want to achieve something great, you need courage. It's part of our job to try to make players better. They can only do that if they are allowed to make mistakes.”

On the other hand, René Marić doesn't seem to forgive himself so easily for mistakes. He seems very self-critical. And that despite the fact that at the age of 28 he was already in a position that he still cannot fully grasp himself. Actually still in the prime footballer's age, Marić is not on the field, but on the sideline. And is the youngest assistant coach in the Bundesliga. “If someone had asked me seven years ago where I was when I was 28, I would have said that I am a professional psychologist and coach an Austrian fifth division team. That would have been more realistic. The fact that I can now, at 28, sit on the bench at Borussia and experience the Champions League, that is ... "Marić pauses. He lacks the right word. Even someone who can precisely formulate tactical ideas can be speechless with such a career.

From Upper Austria into the world
    René Marić grew up in Upper Austria, only a few kilometers away from the German border and a good 40 kilometers from Salzburg. And of course, he quickly falls in love with football. The five-year-old was fascinated by the 1998 World Cup, and he started playing at an early age. But the first injuries come quickly. Marić had to take a long break for the first time at the age of 13. Cruciate ligament rupture, broken collarbone, pelvic fracture, bone tumor - the list is getting longer and longer. When the second cruciate ligament tear follows, it's enough. But what does someone who is football crazy do who can no longer play football?

TSU Handenberg asked the 17-year-old if he wanted to train a youth team. "That attracted me," says Marić and will coach the U11. In Handenberg he was promoted to the men's team. “That was a very good time, it was fun and I always enjoy being there. As a coach I was able to experiment a lot, whether in training or in games, I could make my mistakes and had a team that was very tolerant, open and eager for everything, ”says Marić.

From an early age he started a kind of video study from a distance by looking at players on YouTube who fascinate him. “At the time, I was mainly interested in why players do what they do on the pitch. What are they particularly good at? And how do they do it? ”Looking back, Marić calls it a kind of introduction to the analysis. He seeks an exchange with others, discusses his observations with them and finally founded the tactics blog spielverlagerung.de together with friends in 2011 at the age of 19. Not only do analyzes of top duels such as Real Madrid against FC Barcelona appear there. One of Marić's first contributions deals with a game on matchday 13 of the Norwegian Tippaligaen: Sarpsborg 08 FF against Brann Bergen. “There was no ulterior motive. It was just a platform to exchange ideas and we made it public on the net so that more people could join our discussions. We just hoped for feedback and new interlocutors. " In the end, it works better than expected. Marić gets to know numerous people around the world who share his passion for football, be it tactical analysis or training theory. They also talk and write about individual players and their skills or coaches and their leadership styles and training methods. Time and again, jobs of a professional nature follow, with which Marić can finance part of his psychology studies. And at some point an email from Thomas Tuchel is in the mailbox. The former coach of Bundesliga club Mainz 05 read the analysis of a game played by his team on spielverlagerung.de, found it interesting and wanted to talk to Marić and his friends. “We didn't even think that this would be an entry into professional football. Our thought was simple: It's cool that we can talk to Thomas Tuchel. "

Waiting for the right thing
    The orders pile up, at some point Marić processes inquiries from six continents. Sometimes a Russian analysis company gets in touch, sometimes a professional trainer or officials from the USA and Africa. Sometimes he's supposed to help with scouting, sometimes with ideas about standard situations and then explain to the owner of the Danish club FC Midtjylland how to play against Manchester United. Marić works a lot, for very little hourly wages, as he says. “But I was happy to do it because it was both a privilege and an opportunity. Not even the chance of a job, but that I was able to exchange ideas with interesting people on many interesting topics. " He is grateful for the different perspectives and opinions. And it doesn't take long before Marić receives the first permanent job offers. An English second division, the Saudi Arabia Football Association - whoever comes, Marić rejects everything. All not right for him. "I've always waited for what I enjoy, what suits me." When he thinks about this episode in his life today, when he turns down top offers in his early 20s and his friends ask him how he can do that, he laughs in disbelief. “I wanted something that I enjoy, with a trainer who is of a high standard, to whom I can look up, but who at the same time recognizes me as an equal help. And then it should also fit financially and personally - and I wanted to be able to finish my studies. Quite high standards for a 24-year-old non-ex professional. " But it's worth the wait, and he actually gets everything at once. Marić fascinates the U18s of RB Salzburg, who rushed from victory to victory at the time. So he asks their coach, Marco Rose, if you can talk about his team. Rose is open to the conversation and the two stay in contact for several months. Finally, Marić uses his chance and asks Rose if he could imagine him as an assistant coach. Rose says yes, Marić applies and gets the job. "I am very grateful to both Salzburg and Marco for this opportunity," says Marić, who in 2016, at the age of 24, entered the professional field.

A year of pure euphoria
    The first year is like a dream. Rose and Marić win with Salzburg's youth - incidentally, including today's Borussia Hannes Wolf and athletic coach Patrick Eibenberger - almost everything that goes. The highlight is the UEFA Youth League, the counterpart to the Champions League for youth teams. Here Salzburg knocked out Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético Madrid and FC Barcelona one after the other and finally defeated Benfica Lisbon in the final. A year of pure euphoria, is how Marić describes in retrospect his first season under Marco Rose, which has shaped him personally and professionally and continues to shape him.

“Especially in the early days, I didn't have some things on the radar because I simply lacked experience. I learned a lot from Marco there. I always try to support Marco as much as I can, to watch him and also to adjust to him. To help him so that together we can help the team in the best possible way. " Rose, Marić and Eibenberger (and now also Alexander Zickler) will jointly take over the first team of RB Salzburg in 2017 - and continue to collect titles. They win the Austrian championship twice, and in 2019 they also win the cup. The fact that Marić is younger than some of the players he is supposed to coach has never been a problem for him. You have to be authentic and always remain clear in your statements. Constructive discussions at eye level are important. And at the latest, when the players notice that “he has a lot of technical skills”, the respect comes naturally. Marić has found his dream job. “I really enjoy working with players. There is almost nothing I enjoy more than when players we coached succeed. Whether it's a good performance, a competitive debut, the national team or a move to a dream club. "

The good feeling is not deceptive
    In summer 2019 there is also a change in the room for Marić, Rose, Eibenberger and Zickler. Borussia knocks. Marić openly admits that it was not easy for him to leave Salzburg. “Salzburg has become a piece of home for me,” said the 28-year-old with Croatian roots. “We had a great time and a lot of success. But then there is the offer from a traditional club from the Bundesliga and the chance to learn more from Marco. We all just had a very good feeling with Borussia. " The feeling is not deceptive. The four “Salzburgers” quickly feel at home on the Lower Rhine. To get used to it quickly, it is certainly helpful that Marić and Eibenberger, who are now not just colleagues, but good friends, go looking for an apartment together and ultimately find two apartments in one house directly below one another. And in terms of sport, too, it continues to be successful, as the qualification for the Champions League in the first year proves. Marić sees three factors for quick success and emphasizes the others above all. “We found a well-composed team with a great atmosphere and great willingness for new things. In addition to the enormous quality of the team, the second factor is that very good work had already been done in the years before us and that we were able to build on a high level. And finally, we have dealt a lot with the team in advance and have always been able to convey our principles as clearly and effectively as possible. "

Clear and effective. The structured communication of numerous details in a compact, understandable form. A skill that an assistant coach needs and that René Marić has mastered. When the 28-year-old talks about football, tactics and strategies, you not only hear a slight Salzburg impact and a slightly rolling R. Then you also hear an enormously broad background knowledge and thus, to a certain extent, his life story. You can feel the passion for this sport when he raves about the great coaches, who for him are not just Pep Guardiola, Jürgen Klopp, Alex Ferguson or Johan Cruyff (Marić published a coach analysis about Cruyff on spielverlagerung.de in March 2016 - printed it out 36 A4 pages long!). But also Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds United) or Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta Bergamo). And of course Ernst Happel and Branko Zebec.

He has absorbed countless books, interviews and newspaper reports, and not least through his work on the blog, for which he of course no longer has time, has overcome and expanded his own limits. He smiles and calls his worldwide network “a large circle of friends” who thinks of him when he sees something interesting. “I'm the type that comes to mind when you read something and think: Ah, that could also be nice.” Marić is constantly expanding his perspective or just getting to hear a completely different perspective on something. Only very rarely can he do something one-on-one for Borussia. But one shouldn't underestimate this influence either. “Maybe you only adopt one percent of the basic idea. But all in all, it helps you to be able to work better as a trainer.

As an outsider, you involuntarily ask yourself whether a man who has such an eye and a feeling for details, who works out even the smallest characteristics of a team, can even just enjoy a football game with friends on the couch. “I can switch off well in my free time,” says Marić. "Then I don't think about what we can do for our team every time, but just once in a while: It's amazing what a footballer Lionel Messi is." He also likes to go for a walk or read books in his free time. “I like good short stories and, in principle, prefer humorous things to sad or scary ones,” says Marić. In front of him on the table in the FohlenSportsbar is “Thinking Basketball”, an NBA analysis work by Ben Taylor. Anyway, basketball. He also likes to watch the American professional league in his free time to switch off. And Marić is already talking passionately about the movement patterns of the Golden State Warriors, the leadership qualities of a LeBron James, the unusual interpretation of the classic "pick and roll" at the Houston Rockets and the playing style of Nikola Jokic, center of the Denver Nuggets. He raves about the legendary basketball coach Željko Obradović, who has led his teams to the title in the most important European club competition in basketball nine times, and shows YouTube videos of basketball training at a US college on his smartphone. Then he takes a short break. "Admittedly, that doesn't necessarily sound like switching off," he smiles. "But it's fun to look at something like that."

source: https://www.borussia.de/en/news/new...acht-als-wenn-unsere-spieler-erfolgreich-sind

p.s.
    Breel (yes, he was named after the famous Belgian chansonnier Jacques Brel; don't know who messed the spelling up, but here we go again: perfection is not desirable...) got fined six-digit by the club... hope he has something put aside to also afford settling Lady Justice's demands for the misdemeanour...

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    couldn't read anything soccer related until yesterday
    I thought by now all of the derby-losers would have been sold!
    but I checked: they *head scratching* are still there!

the fanproject criticized Rose because of the 'heavy' rotation... who rotates in the derby does not understand who we are they say... Rose says Jantschke f.e. was more or less flawless and the man with the weightiest blunder was evergreen Lainer

coach-discussion is gaining momentum (not surprisingly after each loss it is)
    more or less everybody thinks that we need a final decision pretty soon... even if it's true that Rose has an exit clause until May: WE CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!
    we are Gladbach not Sandhausen and Rose is an absolutely excellent coach but not the one and only saviour...

part 2 of the men behind Rose:
    Eugen Polanski (ex-Borussia, ex-Mainz, ex-Poland-player, now Borussia's 'talent coach', responsible especially for the players on the verge to the first team, like Scally I guess)

about his early years:
    "In the past it was much more about initiative. When I got home from training, I went to 'Bolzen' [kick] with my friends afterwards. If the guys do that today after training, it means they have done an additional unit. I don't blame them for that at all: from an early age they are used to have training plans and they work according to training plans. And we have this training plans because training has become more systematic and all of football has become more analytical. That is good and there is no other way. But that also means that the guys wouldn't even think of doing anything on their own. The football field mentality has been lost."

about going down with Borussia under Luhukay:
    A world collapsed for me. I was a Gladbach fan from childhood, was always in the stadium and didn't want to admit that we had been relegated - and that I was still part of the team. The whole season was very difficult, especially my wife didn't have a good time. I didn't speak to her for two or three days after a defeat.

about his new job:
    At Borussia we've now reached a level where we're playing the Champions League. It is of course extremely difficult to train players for the international class. It's harder than shaping a Bundesliga player. Nevertheless, you have to offer the youth players a platform. Be it that a U19 player is integrated into the U23 or that a U23 or U19 player is involved in professional training. Even this is now perceived by the media and you are already in focus as a talent.

about Rose:
    When we first met I joined Mainz from Getafe and I was injured. He was also injured and so two footballers who were not allowed to play football were together in the training camp in one room. Marco is open and honest, very keen not the one who lets the boss hang out, but one who has a natural authority. What I really appreciate about him is that he does his thing until the team pulls it off too. But he also responds to the individual and is not a doctrinaire. If he sees that his ideas are not the ultimate ideas for the team, then he changes his approach. He was the same as a player. He always gave his opinion but when he made mistakes, he saw them.

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Never a doll moment at Gladbach...Rose is joining faacking BVB.
    Its so nice to help the competition...after all football is all about sacrifice and giving a helping hand.. especially in order to keep FAT & RICH clubs out of danger zone!
    :confused::mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused::mad:

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd let him leave now. Conflict of interest.

Dage, HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually, wait till you hear the best part...So i have a few german friends in Gladbach and one of them is the head of a big fan group so he has access to a lot of stuff concerning BMG that the average fan has no way of learning about it.
    So today this "Fruit Cake" of a coach in the dressing room throws the bomb..here goes..so he starts telling the lads as follows...guys this has nothing to do with the club and team ( really??? It has everything to do with the club Ahole) so he explains how what he is about to share is about him not the team and club and that he is leaving BMG for BVB and its simply b/c he wants to achieve ultimate success before he is 60 and he needs to make more money and push it to the maximum of his ability before he is 60...but in the meanwhile, he wants to focus on the task at hand with BMG and he will not hold back!!!!!!!
    I thought the Lucien " chump" Favre was the worst thing i have seen at Gladbach and it can't get any worse:eek::sick::sick::sick::speechless:
    But as i said this club never seizes to surprise:mad:
    How on earth can this team go about performing to the best of their ability when the person at the helm backstabs everyone in the organization???
    Btw take this into account about 2 weeks ago the same Ahole in the dressing room makes a solid speech and that he is staying at BMG and that he has a long term vision and that this club is going back to the glory days and he has many ideas in order to achieve that with BMG...omfg this is such a LOOOOOOOOSER...honestly this isn't about Gladbach its more about the fact that at 53 and as a previous pro footballer and a hardcore BMG supporter and the Buli and the NM...i have never seen such a scenario have you??? Am not sure why he had to announce this during such a critical time of the season...plus why bring it down to making money as much as possible and that he needs to be successful in the shortest time possible...FUARKKK:whistling::thumbsup::thumbsdown::sick::sick::sick::(:(:mad::mad::confused:

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Your comment about Bayern is so on point...as much as i hate entitled Hollywood..but come to think of it..they have never hurt us badly with luring players out of BMG or our coaches....I think the worst situation was the Lothar transfer that it!
    :thumbsup:
    Wait till you read about what happened in the dressing room today...if this was coming from anyone else but Radi ( my friend in Gladbach) which also cooperates with fohlen echo...i would have doubted it...but sadly the source is 110% reliable :confused::whistling::speechless::unsure::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And it's true when they say when it rains it pours eh???
    It so happens that the gods throw us back into the rink and against those yellow aRRsss plastic club called BVB in the Pokal..just during Rose's "Copout "
    Am not sure what's worse Dortmund insulting the word "Borussia' to an all time low and using that word after us or taking away players/coaches from us on a regular basis??:whistling::confused:o_O

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    PHOTO-2021-02-15-15-43-23.jpg FRUIT CAKE PRIMO bar none

13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #13 Bananenflanke, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    interesting point, a lot of people are thinking of this/demanding this over here, too (and they say to let him stay would never work with fans in the stadium)
    I'm not sure if it's the right move... to make a decision on that I guess you have to be an insider: one who knows Rose better than we do and who knows exactly about the current climate in the locker room
    if Rose throws the rest of the season or works in favor of the yellow plague he is done in Germany as a coach (especially with the current, very tense soccer-atmosphere) and I also think his mind doesn't work that way, I think he's dedicated until his last day
    I hope we'll see an act of defiance from the team
    the club's management has to do what's best for the club... that's what made us grow in the last year, sensitivities are reserved for us supporters...

Hans-Gunter calm down! it's not good for your blood pressure ;-)
    well Heynckes, Lothar, Effe... all of them hurt but in numbers it's not that much given the interval (of course we had no 'real' quality for a long time) and even two of them came back... others were no big loss (in the case of Monsieur C. and Kurt the Hoenesses even did a good deed) or yielded the money we desperately needed
    Neuhaus may be next, but this would more or less feel 'natural'

regarding the locker room story: seems your insider-friend just read the stupid paper with the four capitalized letters... as we all know: 4 of 10 stories are pointed lies, 5 are juggling with the truth and one time (maybe this time) they really know something because they have the insider, the money and the stamina

still, I would choose ten more consecutive Bazi-championships over anything (even if it's the Supercup) for the Fatzkes... but I was already at this point BEFORE Rose chose to clear off...

p.s.:
    also a lot of people are lamenting about the 'timing'... we are at a very critical point in the season right now... it hurts if we loose focus, so they have a point
    but Rose is going to suffer nationwide if he's not delivering anything in his last days (but that was his own decision), but I also think Eberl is sending some subtle but aching signals towards the Zecken (ticks)... it was certainly not their wish to make this public right now; Terzic now is a superlame duck
    really interesting to see how this might develop, stay tuned on your favourite and nerve-racking Borussia-channel ;-)

Dage repped this.
  14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #14 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Feb 16, 2021
    Yes lots of people think am intense ...but I like that about myself,its called pride and respect.. sticking to your guns is the " Codex" or I might as well join the Biden's of the world and the rest of the socialist demons and their supporters:)))))) Am actually on Blood Pressure Meds my friend despite my athletic lifestyle growing up...I guess genetics are the game-changer at the end of the day and not so much what one might eat or practice with their lifestyle :speechless::confused::whistling:

As for the post I made...I don't expect you to take it all that seriously but it's not about news papers...this guy is associated with the club and a legit publication ...and head of a strong and huge support group...what I wrote above is exactly from the dressing room, but it really does not matter..at the end of the day no matter who said what..the timing was SHIIIIIIIIIT and no matter how ethical Rose is or has the intention of giving it his best shot... do you blame the team to loose focus and feel abandoned once again... especially when their commanding officer the one person that has given this team a fresh and new way of competing... both abroad and domestic drops such a bomb ???

Am sure if it was up to Eberl and the club they would at least try to keep it on the down-low till all tournaments are done and dusted...so who knows how and why this came into light at the time it did and in such a fashion...during such critical times both for the club and its supporters! :speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

And about " there is only one Borussia" no need to even shout it out loud and in the stadium.. it's about facts and history..Dortmund is like a liability for german football..they are only good for display purposes " FUGAZI " so to speak...specially when you look at the money they flash and spend...they are really a sad outfit..with a cheesy fan base.

I predicted what will happen with Favre..once he left us and when he joined Dortmund later on...i don't give Rose much more of a chance...wait and see what am predicting here about Dortmund and their new coach to be...something is very wrong with Dortmund...considering the money they spend their track record sucks..anybody has given it a thought why ??? I never said such about RBL have i ??? :unsure::cautious:o_O:sick::thumbsdown::notworthy::oops::ninja::speechless:

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #15 kgilbert78, Feb 16, 2021
    Eh, Dante too. Effenberg. Jansen. There are others.

BTW, Rose *was* right about the rotation. If you want to win a trophy (and you are not going to win the league), you need to keep players fresh. Not beating the Goats is on the players not the coach. We have a very good chance at one trophy (Cup) and a decent chance of going far in the CL. The only teams that can do that without stress on the lineup on a regular basis are--Bayern. They essentially have enough players for two teams that could win the title. No one else does. In Germany. RB are close.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Dage repped this.
  16. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    on paper our roster has the depth we wished for for a very long time
    but when our 2nd line (Herrmann, Wolf, Benes... and you can also count Embolo) got the chance they repetively didn't take it... so your're right: it seems it's just on paper... would have liked to see more of Benes though

Wolf is in a bad situation right now: struggling with his performance, viewed with suspicion by the supporters and the 'Wunschspieler' (desired player) of a coach who's leaving under unpleasant circumstances... I hope he's mentally strong and is making the best of it

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know we had many more players and coaches gone for a fat nd bigger paycheque...but id says Effe and Lodar were more traumatic for the team.
    I agree about the rotation concept...i have always said as much as coaches are instrumental..but end of the day its the player/players and their mindset and how bad they want to progress far

18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    what? Biden's Demons? sounds like a new NFL-franchise to me! and they already have supporters? I don't think corona-times is the right time for expansion....

yes, I would blame them! they are not a bunch of puppies and I definitely expect them to get the best out of their career, no matter who is in charge
    and modern soccer is neither the army nor is it corporate America (or Europe)
    yes, there are intersections but it's NOT the same (when you inform your superiors that you are planning to work for the 'enemy' pretty soon they shoot you on the spot at the army and at a multinational company you're cleaning your office and are guided to your car within minutes)

surely, that was the plan!
    and the plan was dead in the moment the Fatzkes insidiously (I think it's pretty naive to think otherwise) launched it to the media; remember how the Hazard-deal was threaded by them?
    it's wasn't in the interest of Gladbach and certainly not in the interest of Rose and then suddenly not in the Zecken's interest anymore when they had to put their fragile hope on Terzic... I guess that's why Gladbach announced it now, this and the upcoming cup-battle...

your scenario is far away from unlikely!

but let's step back and look at the whole picture:
    we all had this profound desire that one would come and disturb the sleepiness of the late-Hecking-stage
    Eberl listened, searched and delivered (he succeeded because this guy had a clause in his contract!)
    this guy came and did what was asked of him (and because he was the hot shit he insisted and got a clause again)
    this guy was all about attitude and about taking the biggest challenge
    and when a bigger challenge (you named Tuchel, Bosz, Favre: top coaches who all failed over there) and the chance to even more glory was offered to him
    he activated his clause
    is there anyone out there who can be surprised by that?
    if you don't like this scenario you have to go after a different type of coach (quite often these would be the sleepy ones)

you can call Rose naive (to voluntarily deal with the multi-headed Fatzkes), you can call him simple minded or you can just call him f-o-c-u-s-e-d

the smack for us is:
    + that Rose is revealing this incredibly bad taste regarding his next club
    + that he doesn't care about (or even doesn't get) the Zecken's undignified background charade
    + that AFTER it already was all over the general public he continued to handle it in this wimpy and unmanly manner
    + that (if the rumors are true) he lied into the face of some players (the rumors say it got a little bit 'tense' between Rose on the one and Ginter & Kramer on the other side of the locker room)

but I'll forgive him for all of that; he has three options ;-)
    a) winning the cup
    b) bringing us back into CL
    c) beating the shit out of Shitty (yeah this lousy metaphor again)

go for it Marco!
    then you can go in peace where you want to go... to quote one of the biggest german soccer legends of all:
    "Dortmund? That's where the pigeons fly to when they have to take a shit."

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Eberl says this didn't happen and that the team wasn't shocked at all

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #20 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Herr Bananen
    I am willing to bet on Rose's future at BEAVER B...but we might have to endure some time...Just B/C rose did well with BMG does not mean he will continue as such..anyway, i am willing to bet on my statement regarding rose the chump..i offer u this..if you lose ..you don't need to send me anything ( even though i love sheep and quality wool) well my first choice would be Alpaca..lol ...so yea am trying to keep your disguise regarding Faroe I-Land protected :ninja::ROFLMAO::ninja::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:
    If I lose then I will send u something nice from Kanada...are u game?? if so then we can negotiate the terms more in detail...i do know all of us here on the BMG thread are very interesting and knowledgeable as far as football is concerned...plus our maturity brings quality...you can't see that ( cough cough in other forums):whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:
    I just normally get these callings right on point..well when the gut feeling is there :devilish::devilish:

About the WV i agree no expansion is required after all those dirty-minded corrupt China men do a great job in WUHAN..nobody could have screwed the world so effortlessly..politics in general is dirty and all about banks money and creating imaginary villains ..so some people can make billions in the process...so as much as i hate politics because anything is game..but if i had to pick the greater and expose of them i would tie an anchor and send some people down to the bottom of the challenger deep in Mariana trench it would deffo be the likes of Obama and Biden and the rest of communists that dont care what US of A used to stand for :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

speaking of the thread here...i remember WAAAAY BACK when ken and i joined..holy man.. time goes by like a "TOW MISSILE" EH??? its been easily over a decade and then some...its been a pleasure so far every body :D:alien::D:D////:ninja::ninja::devilish::ninja::ninja:

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On a different note...Kloppo and co punished RBL in the CL
    It would be very interesting to see if stindl can guide this Captain less Kraft to safe waters or not against Shiiiiiity
    :whistling::sneaky::thumbsdown:

22. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands

Herr Hans-Gunter,

there is no disguise: where I'm from is disclosed above 'club' (already told you so, way back)
    and I'm totally NOT game!
    blame it on my Inglisch but I always thought "far away from unlikely" means "quite likely"! isn't this the case?
    how do you place bets in Vancouver when both agree?
    I'm always interested in Canadian culture ;-)

two Kreisliga-bush-league-blunders (ok, overall tempo was much higher) on Nagelsmann's side
    in CL you feel the whip on your arse within a second...

unfortunately the club we drew again has to be ranked no.1 in jan/feb '21... worldwide
    all other big clubs aren't on their peak right now but Pepchester definitely is
    (I lost track: 16 consecutive wins I guess)
    and the brown one isn't even playing! (always wondered why a player who have all the options picks such a club)

Max hasn't signed a new coach yet
    Maric and Zickler are going with Rose
    Rose assures that he'll never give his o.k. should the Fatzkes try to sign a current Gladbach player...

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #23 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    I didn't mean an official bet..I have sent out little presents to the lads here..u can ask Mr.Ken
    Maybe your comment flew over my head...i know several years ago i asked about the Faroe islands from you...because its one of the places i like to visit...honestly didn't think you are hiding or something... the problem with email and text is you can't feel the right; expression...unless you have a flawless command of English which i don't..
    so if you are in the same boat with me about Rose biting bigger than he can chew then i apologize....as for Canadian culture...I will send u a private email...i don't want to create a typhoon online if you know what I mean???? But to give u a primer...Canadian culture is not having a culture and also too many politically correct citizens here.. it's sad. But I will fire u an email and give you sweet break down.
    Is there any possibility of signing the AJAX coach??? he is nothing short of a tactical genius and a strong supporter of fresh and new ideas and utilizing the youth;):D:thumbsup::devilish::alien::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::alien:
    Btw as far as little gifts etc and showing sentiments between true and old-school Borussia supporters..i forgot to mention i am still using my BMG wallet thanks to Mr.Kenn and also the fact that he was thoughtful enough and remembring me...I am a strong believer of friendship especially when you are lucky enough to find like-minded people...basically, it should not be limited to online posts..after all the bunch here on the BMG threat have been solid as they come in my eyes! We are deffo not keyboard and internet phonies are we??:alien::alien::ninja::devilish::ninja::alien::alien:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Now that the drama and torture is done and dusted with Rose..am more concerned about Nehaus, ZAK AND Hofmann Plea and basically many other players that are turning or they are a step away from establishing themselves as top-shelf Buli material :eek::confused::cool: