Révolution Rouge et Noire - Stade Rennais Thread

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by gary_rb, Feb 24, 2005.

1. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG] Oh, crap........... I thought this was Nice's thread! :)

2. Uzbekistan2006

Jan 4, 2005
    Khorezm, Uzbekistan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan

why in uzbekistan?

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    There was never a Nice thread the guy started a info about Nice topic it wasnt a thread about the team. Its too bad because theres a lot of news going on with the team right now. Wasn't their some kind of revolt from the fans or players ? I know the chairman said he'd step down if they get relegated.

4. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Because it sounds remote...Sorry, did not want to hurt anybody. I needed a country between France and Australia. :p

5. Uzbekistan2006

Jan 4, 2005
    Khorezm, Uzbekistan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    hehehe
    no need to apologize :)

6. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OK, yooooohooooo UEFA !!!

[​IMG]

C'est la fête !!! If only I was in Rennes at the moment, I'd be shaggin all night long !!!

Now, seriously, how many rounds for Rennes in the competition ? Thanksfully, there are group stages, so we won't be kicked too soon...

I hope we get out of the group stage.

We need to learn how to travel (far) though...

7. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    Well done, Rennes. It's just so unfortunate we'll have to crush you next season in UEFA.

8. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bring it on !!!

[​IMG]

:D

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I 'ate you Butler........erm......Nanbawan!

Nah, congrats. Thanks for the 3 points anyway. Marseille's typical inepitude played a part.

But christ. Doesn't it always?

Hmmmm. Boro v Rennes next season?

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Not sure how far they will go in Europe next season but I like their chances better than Lille, Strasbourg, Auxerre or Sedan. If Marseille, RCL, or ASSE get a spot then I like their chaces just as much,

11. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lille might do a decent run in UEFA Cup, teams coming from the CL usually do... ;)

12. ForzaPSV

ForzaPSV New Member

Jan 29, 2005
  13. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hem, I would say hardworking, serious and...discrete.

I guess the guy has stamina but I wonder if he fits with the very muscle packed PSV team (minus the Koreans of course).

14. gary_rb

gary_rb New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Rennes
    he has extended his contract until 2008, If I remember well, a few weeks ago, so he's not going anywhere at the moment ;)
    and yeah he is or he's gonna be the most valuable player of the team, and one of France's best, that's a sure thing

15. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Apparently Frei is keen on staying. I'm sure he wants to participate in this year's UEFA campain before leaving the Club. Otherwise Rennes would have to find another Swiss striker...

16. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is not another striker, but Alain Rochat should do well at Stade Rennais. Many swiss fans follow the team due to Frei and now Rochat. I hope the Rouge et Noire do well in the UEFA Cup.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They'll do well providing they dont lose anyone else. Frei/Utaka/Monterubio will be unstoppable.

18. gary_rb

gary_rb New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Rennes
    Alexander Frei has at last extended his contract for one more year (until june 2007)
    i hope this season will be enjoyable for us :)

19. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is very good news for Rennais fans.

20. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yoooooooh ! :)

Anyway, quite a pretty good streak lately in friendlies ! we'll see what they make of the awesome Guingamp side Saturday in Dinard. ;)

21. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [R]Re: Révolution Rouge et Noire - Stade Rennais Thread

Rennes 0-3 Nantes...

[​IMG]

Talk about a spanking !!! :eek:

Well done Nantes, at least a Breton team tops the standings...No Nantes fans around ?

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Rennes are off to a tough start but they will imporve. John Utaka is very impressive he's fast and athletic and very strong. I dont know why the start has been so bad. I'm starting to become a closet fan of this club I love their stadium and team and looking forward to following them in the UEFA Cup. Didnt they sign some Moraccan from Strasbourg whos supposed to be a key player for them but he hasnt played yet ?

23. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sporty,

I don't have info on your guy, I checked the local newspaper website ; I did not follow that closely.

Anyway, here is the new Rennes jersey, the main sponsor is the sportswear brand Airness which is cool to rejuvenate the fanbase (this brand is quite popular among teens and homeboys wannabe). This is quite a novelty since it's not a François Pinault (the owner) brand anymore. I think it's a good call for the popularity of the club beyond the city's border...

[​IMG]

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Iv'e seen the highlights and I know Frei has missed some great scoring chances so far. I dont really know what his strengths are or how he scores so much. He's not real fast or athletic and he's not that great in the air. I dont know how he does it. Must be good skill, technique and instinct.

25. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Half a soccer pitch is still a large area to cover so it helps when you're at the right place at the right moment.

I was talking with a guy who plays in lower league in Switzerland (amateur) and he told me he was surprised by frei's success. I think it's due to the way Rennes uses him, so he might consider moving to be a risky challenge.