Révolution Rouge et Noire - Stade Rennais Thread

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by gary_rb, Feb 24, 2005.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    boca's a fullback though.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Oh ok. Well I read St. Etienne are interested in him and its interesting that would be a downward move considering Rennes are better than St. Etienne and have a bigger budget than they do. St. Etienne still have the better fan support but there's no doubt Rennes are better than them and are richer.

3. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Never has the World heard about Stade Rennais as much as tonight ! :)

Go Asamoah Gyan !

BTW, I love how Bocanegra understood what was going to happen when he saw Gyan overtaking him ; he just tried to limit the damages by pushing him aside.

Anyway, given the display the Ghanaian striker has had in this WC, there's little chance Rennes will hold on him for too long...

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Yeah but have the announcers on tv been mentioning that he plays for Rennes ? I havent been paying attention so I dont know. I know they never miss an oppurtunity to mention if a players plays/played in England though.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    on french TV they said in about gyan a few times but missed out on the irony of that decisive confrontation.

honestly in thing bocanegra should have kept trying to keep up instead of making that challenge, he could have at least given timmy a better angle to cover.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  7. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    C'est notre côté paysan, ça... :D

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    "Il n’y a rien au monde que les Sauvages, les paysans et les gens de province pour étudier à fond leurs affaires dans tous les sens; aussi quand ils arrivent de la Pensée au Fait, trouvez vous les choses complètes."

this quote from balzac is on the first page of lévi-strauss' la pensée sauvage.

9. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You've just risen the bar of this whole thread a few notches higher...:cool:

10. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Poor poor Asamoah Gyan, snif...:(

11. agibson

agibson New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Prévessin, France
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was just up in Normandy vacationing for a week, considering whether I'd finally be able to see an American playing in Europe. But, Rennes was a bit far, and only one game even might have worked.

But, if Boca wasn't still on vacation, he might have already been transfering! Not sure if he's been playing in the pre-season at all.

St. Etienne... I drove through there once. Didn't notice the stadium. About 2.5 hours from me here in Geneva - perhaps I'll manage to make the trip this season.

(Somehow didn't hear about the US-Swiss game in time, a couple of seasons back. Likewise Sochaux's apparently usual pre-season trip my way. Last season didn't hear about Sochaux's travels in time. This year the schedule didn't work.)

12. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Boca at St-Etienne and Davies at Sochaux, nice for you if you're in Geneva.

So we signed Dalmat to strengthen up the middle...A good idea ?

Also Fenerbahçe seem to want Gyan badly.

13. agibson

agibson New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Prévessin, France
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Sochaux's a litttle closer than I realized. If Davies can manage more than occasional substitute work I'll have to consider that trip too.

14. BChaCha

BChaCha Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Hey, first time posting here.

I couldn't find a feed for the game the other day. Anyone know of reliable feeds? I don't want to miss Nancy.

15. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Who's your daddy ? :p

Damn, I might have jinxed Rennes by merely posting that !

16. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  17. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yum !

That said, in Rennes it's rather the classic Gallo combination of galette and sausage. You can smell them burn on the barbecues from 2 miles going to the stadium depending on the wind, of course.

[​IMG]

18. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hook me up bro :d

19. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Still 29 journées to go !

[​IMG]

:eek:

;)

20. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    about breton as a language:

there are almost two thousand languages in the world today that are endangered, breton is not one of them. the 70,000 speakers given as a 10-year scenario is deliberately alarmist, and even that is very healthy: many of the truly endangered languages count less than a few dozen speakers.

fingers being pointed at france by linguistic minorities are both misguided and counterproductive. certainly the central government and its organs did their worst to stamp out regional languages in the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century, but the tide has turned. the low point for les bretonnants was certainly not after WWII; the "activists" in the article were not killed for protecting their language but because part and parcel of their "defense" of breton culture was out-and-out collaboration of the worst kind. continuing to grind out old griefs does breton culture only disservice.

the importance of linguistic diversity is real and has been recognized as such, but for the republic to survive, french must be much more than a lingua franca. it must be the principal language of everyone on the territory. in that role it is not only no threat to, it is the great protector of breton, basque, flemish, alsatian, provençal and others; remaining purely colloquial and cultural expressions shields these from the real threat: international english and its inroads that are dangerously polluting and diluting not only all languages* but language itself.

* the biggest loser paradoxically being english itself, which fewer and fewer people (and absolutely no politicians, journalists, captains of industry, etc.) speak adequately.

22. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Guignol do you know anyone who can still speak Arpitan?

23. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well in Valle d'Aosta in italy or in Vallée d'Aoste in French this part of italy what was part of France and should be part of France thanks to Benito Mussolini aka scum bag want to have Italianiztion most people in VALLEE d'Aoste speak french and italian as a second language even LARGE PART OF Piedmont Italy are FRENCH AND SHOULD BE PART OF FRANCE! we are facing big problems in the European union because of things like this whats the point of Belgium give Communauté Wallonie to France and the other half to holland the flemmish side or even Switzerland for that matter break the place up into three giving parts to France ,Italy ,and Germany i could go on and on hell even SARRS GERMANY!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vall%C3%A9e_d%27Aoste
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallonia
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarre_(Land)
    [​IMG]

CUT THIS PLACE UP THERE NO POINT ANYMORE FOR THE COUNTRY give back all the land to each courty

24. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Uhh, how did my innocent question about Arpitan speakers turn into the disbanding of Switzerland?! lol

25. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LOL i was Bord at my job i wanted to get it off my chest
    GECT Grande Région need to join france thats all :p