Révolution Rouge et Noire - Stade Rennais Thread

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by gary_rb, Feb 24, 2005.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes but antonetti makes you laugh in a good way, and not just because of his lisp. lacombe is simply ridiculous, he gets on my nerves big time.

2. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Rumours claiming that MLS player Ricardo Clark has had contacts with Le Stade Rennais.

Not that I know a great deal about him.

3. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Local TV mentioned Charlie Davies as a target for Rennes. Obviously Boca gave satisfaction last year and the SRFC management thinks that Yanks are actually a good bargain...

Hard to imagine that there would be 3 US players at the Stade de la Route de Lorient though.

4. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ricardo Clark is an up-and-coming midfield destroyer. He's fairly fast, strong, and good at breaking up offensive pressure from the opposition. Not the best passer, but can crank a 30-yard shot with the best of them.

Charlie Davies is a speedy forward with an average-to-decent short passing game and keeps a cool head under pressure. He doesn't always make the best decisions on the field and could use some work on his first touch, but with the right coach he could be a fantastic player.

Does Rennes have any use for players like these?

5. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Perfect replacements for Mbia who will probably leave for Everton or Marseille and for Briand - but I didn't hear he could be transferred.

6. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Any offensive asset will help given Rennes' problems in this area...

7. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bangoura has signed. Excellent reinforcement.

8. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    According to L'Equipe, Antonetti is willing to sign the Norwegian midfield Alexander Tettey from Rosenborg.

Reinforcing the midfield, having a better strike force as well. Me and 'Fredo' are sharing the same views ! :D

9. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Le Tallac went to Dortmund. Was this an issue of playing time or what ?

11. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No, it's a matter of big head. Even bigger than his brother's. So big that Damien couldn't play as a goalkeeper.

12. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Who's leading ligue 1 beeeyatch !!! :)

Hem, please excuse me for such a miserable display, I'm just not used to this situation...Let me savour while it lasts...;)

What a goal by Bangoura ! You were right Catel, this guy could be the killer we needed. A good boost for the confidence, we'll see how all that unfolds.

13. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ZZzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzz

Bam !

[​IMG]

Huh Ooooh ! What has just happened ?

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Quevilly ? Really ?

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a pretty surprising upset since antonetti played it straight, but the bordeaux match probably took a lot out of SR.

just dropped by the quevilly website: almost 700 visitors on line, probably 100 times their normal traffic!

their stadium looks so good (12000 seats with luxury boxes and everything) i couldn't believe it was really theirs but it is. not the run-of-the-mill CFA park!

vesoul would have been a lesser surprise: playing in the snow on a synthetic pitch with an orange teamgeist was a crapshoot; an experience PSG will hope to never see again but vesoul does 4-5 times a year.

16. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Supporting the SRFC is like contemplating a failed soufflé...

Or like being a kid looking at the most beautiful birthday cake ever just being dropped to the floor by daddy...

Or dating Miss Universe, just to find out that...Well, you got the idea...

So much expectation just to be ruined the moment after...

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Briand extending was good news since they really dont need him that bad and they can sell him now to buy a player where they need to strengthen.

18. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hey, we might have lost to the eventual winners of the competition after all ! :cool:

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I hope not. I'm pulling for either PSG or Monaco to win it.

20. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The last thing we need is another low league team being in European competition .

Guingamp anyone ?

21. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    After losing at home to Sochaux, Rennes has thrown their last hope to reach an European spot via the championship (or anything else for that matter)...

As if it wasn't enough, adding insult to injury, Patrick Le Lay, the former emblematic president of TF1 is said to be named chairman of Stade Rennais Football Club this week replacing Frederic de Saint Sernin who's stepping down out of health reasons...

Yet another guy from the media to sit on the board of a Ligue 1 club. It's not really a surprise that it happens at Rennes from Le Lay who has always been clear about Breton penchant, and he spent his high school years there, in the same high school as Bertrand Méheut, the current Canal + president BTW...Talk about a Breton mafia in the French media world !

Problem is Le Lay is mostly hated, he's the poster child of commercial TV (doing so in the biggest European media group) and sparked outrage when he simply declared during an interview that his job was to "sell available brain time to announcers". Brutal honesty...looks like Rennes won't attract themselves too much sympathie with that move...Oh, well, we'll have some exposure in Les Guignols I guess. They love Le Lay !!!

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8gopx7S_TA"]YouTube- Guignols de l'info-Viol island[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGSSq3QSWwI"]YouTube- Guignols - La chanson des restos[/ame]

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Why are you letting your captain leave ? I know he's older but he's still the captain.

23. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well done l'OM. Congrats for the title !

Thanks to my provider I was unable to watch the game but from what I gathered on the radio my boys gave Marseille a hard time. I must admit that while it is nice for Les Phocéens to claim the championship I would have liked Rennes to spoil the party tonight just to piss off the ********ing journalists riding on the bandwagon for quite a moment now and running over SRFC as sacrificial lambs ! Alas, once again despite an honourable performance, we end up with an other defeat for we can't bury our goal attempts...

24. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He does not want to extend his contract, he'll be a free agent and is said to rejoin Lacombe at Monaco. Apparently 'Moustache' is also trying to lure some of his former players...

Anyway, Rennes definitely needs a new emblematic central defender now.

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You could also lose Boca too so then you'd need 2 central defenders.