Quinton Fortune out for 6months.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
  2. Crestofthestars

Crestofthestars New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    er no we shouldn't have sold him. no club in the world not even Madrid and Chelsea have Zidane's on the bench. Fortune is a useful squad player. I'd rather have him more than O'Shea or Kleberson.

3. Crestofthestars

Aug 18, 2004
    it's a shame though of course. at least Ole will finally be back soon :eek:

4. Ronaldo07

Ronaldo07 New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Quinton Fortune will be out for up to six weeks after suffering a cartilage injury during training on Wednesday.

Link

its still bad news, as he is one of the most improved players in the premiership last season and one of the most realiable utility men.

5. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Six weeks, six months - what's the difference? lol - they don't obviously know how long it will be as of yet :(

Obviously this makes John O'Shea and Phil Neville much more valuable to the club. Phil, J'Osh and Quinton all play that versatile midfielder/defender role nicely.

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    bad news for Quinton really bad news... I hope this does not stop Richardson from going out on loan (I'm thinking of Q-dog as cover for LW even though he's not played there in some time).

7. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    they are now saying it is a cartliage injury after he had an emergebcy op. Expected to be out for 6weeks not 6months as it wasn't the cruciate.

8. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel bad for Fortune but its one obstacle removed from the midfield logjam in front of Jones.

9. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Crap, now Spector won't get a loan because Fergie will "need" him to be the backup to the backup left back! :(

10. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Thats terrible!!!! :rolleyes:

Do you want me to show you how to load the gun before you blow your head off.... :cool:

This has abosloutely nothing to do with Spector...

It just sucks that we can't get that 4-5 million for Fortune and will have to keep on dead weight like Phil....

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    well, to be honest, at one point when Spector was all set to go on loan last season he was not allowed to go, or perhaps he was on loan and was recalled? Anyway, its all foggy now, but due to injuries he was either recalled or the loan deal was cancelled... I think Spector getting first team action elsewhere is vital to his development, he is physically ready for the prem, certainly quick enough and strong enough to handle a fullback position and I for one would have liked to see him go on loan somewhere where he could get regular games.

12. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Tough news for Fortune. This is tough for Manchester as selling players now is looking like it won't happen. I would have liked to see some of our bench players move on but with injuries Fergie isn't going to want to let anyone go either through sales or loan.

johno is right about Spector needing to get first team minutes to continue progressing. A half season or so at another club would be great for him, but who knows if it will happen anytime soon.

13. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Dammit, I had my money on Saha to be the first injured this season. ;)

Seriously, it sucks that Fortune is injured. Here's hoping he comes back soon.

14. MANUTDGAL

MANUTDGAL New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Framingham, Mass.
    Please let this not be a bad omen of another injury plagued
    season at Old Trafford...We must remain healthy if we are
    to contend for the EPL title this season...

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    to be honest... I know its hard on QF, but I'm glad its him and not one of our key players... I would send Phil Neville a cheque every month if he could get injured for most of a season rather than Ruud or Keane :D

16. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Can we please put some perspective on this I mean it's only Quinton Fortune for god sakes....It's not like we're really gonna miss another squaddie midfielder....

17. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    We already send him a check each week to keep Gary happy.... :D

18. listen_up_fergie

listen_up_fergie New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal
    True...Blackburn wanted him on loan in January but the deal fell through because of a couple of injuries. Fortune's injury shouldn't stop us from loaning Spector out because if things get really bad Phil could always play there. But even if he doesn't go out on loan at the start of the season, hopefully he'll get a chance to go in January.

19. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i always have had a soft spot for fortune ...hes a class act and always gives 100% on the pitch and he's had his chance to leave utd but he has stuck around and fergie always has faith in him ...its ashame that this injuries has happen esp coming off imo his best season for utd...hopefully he will be back asp

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    What Fortune have you been watching? :eek:

21. Crestofthestars

Aug 18, 2004
    More like what Fortune have you been watching. He is our best cover at left back, better than O'Shea by miles, and is good when thrown on late to shore up the midfield.
    And by "good" I mean "gets a yellow card within 5 minutes for booting someone," which is much the same thing in my book.

22. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    wow.....that must suck.....