Quien les gusta para suceder a LaVolpe ?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by cadblur, Nov 5, 2004.

1. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Good point. But also your Meza coment brings up another; Meza did great with Toluca just before taking the N.T job. Do you think the same would happen to Hugo? I still think think that maybe the job should go to someone with more diverse experience and for that reason maybe un extranjero like Bielsa woulb be a better choice although not a popular one around here.

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I've always wondered about that. Does anybody have Knoweldge as to why he does not have any paisas playing for him? but I do remember he took that defender from Pachuca (I always mix up his name) that did not want to stay or couldn't hack it. In fact didn't he take two guys?

3. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK

He took Vidrio and Ochoa. He never gave the opportunity to Ochoa. Vidrio is not even a starter now in Mexico. Why did he took him in the first place ?

4. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Maybe just to give him the exposure to a different caliber of competition, I seem to remember Vidrio playing at lest part of some games, and practicing along side better players should be of some help.

5. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    I don't believe that the same would happen with Hugo. . . . Meza was so blind or he was such a pushover that they were throwing sex parties right in front of his face.

6. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I forgot about those parties. :D :D

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    We cant blame Aguirre for the lack of Mexies in Osasuna, lord knows he has tried.. Vidrio sucked major donkey balls and was too slow to play at the pace of la Liga and Ochoa well he hasnt done much in the MFL so why should we expect him to break into Osasunas starting eleven.. Aguirre did take Nacho Ambriz as his assitant coach and he did try to get Torrado and was even in Mexico trying to get some players on loan. Another good reason is Mexican players are expensive and Osasuna is a poor club..

8. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Good points Various. I forgot about Ambriz.

I guess I have to put away the torch and pitchfork for now... :D

9. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Retoma la amenaza
    Debido a que el calendario del próximo año luce muy complicado, el DT nacional Ricardo Lavolpe considera que la Selección debe ser la prioridad
    http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=277397

he is pretty much threatening to leave again

10. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    ******** him.

11. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Complicated?

I don't see how anyone can say that as long as we keep playing these "fogueos" with Guatemala and Ecuador 3x a year.

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Lavolpe is not trying to leave.. he is covering his tracks.. It is his way of saying that his number one priority in the "proceso" is for the FMF and the Mexican league clubs to work harder to ensure the process goes smoothly. It wont happen as each have their own interests.. If Lavolpe is to fail miserably then he will blame the FMF saying they didnt respect his requests if things work out, brilliant he was right all along. He is just covering up.. anyhoo all his talk of quiting is getting anoying.. and Lavolpe will be there untill De la Torre gets axed which might be untill after Germany 06 since he managed to stay on a while longer, still not sure how he pulled that one off..

13. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lavolpe in the can.

Jorge Ramos had a segment yesterday..

According to Saul Rodriguez, things are already in the works to axe Lavolpe in/after December.

The story says the FMF is willing to give 100% support and backing to the national team, but not under Lavolpe. At this point, Saul can't say whether De La Torre's head will roll as well but a mutiny is probable. In all likelihood, the ONLY candidate being whispered is Hugo Sanchez.

Hugo, 100% backing? No way.

To me, it's just another one of these "just speculation" tidbits. Hearing about yet another Lavolpe threat to quit the coaching job is it for me. Someone throw in the towel for this creep.

Funny to note Hugo's stance on keeping quiet with the media.

Prepping himself perhaps?

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Re: Lavolpe in the can.

It is very possible especially since De la Torre managed to keep his job under conditions, one of them being the comitte of no se que pedos and an America ejucutivo holding some postion in the FMF, the usual politrix.. Once De la Torre falls, Lavolpe will soon follow.. and yes Hugol can be the only candidate because of the noise that has been made no exceptions unless we have a surprise candidate which is very unlikely..

15. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I go through alot of work just to quote your ass, VS.

That goddamn font.

Anyway..

People are right when they say we need a quick fixer up with garra and attitude.

No foreigner is going to come in and know our game like an internal figure.

None of our other guys are quite qualified or strong enough to command respect AND reinforce our values.

16. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

This is where we disagree.. I dont believe we need a quick fixer upper. Imo el Tri is playing up to its level and if it wasnt for Lavolpes stupid comments and his feud with Hugol most people wouldnt have a problem with him.. Now can el Tri do better with another coach, i believe it can but its not a guarantee and most people including myself are willing to take that chance with Hugol at the helm..

What is there to know about it except the constant power struggles that end up afecting the national team.. A quality coach will know whos who in the MFL after two match weeks and would unbiasly pick the better players. No more Juan Pablo Rodriguez or Chiquis Garcia. problem with a foreign coach is that we will not trust him because of Hugol and Lapuentes Xenofobic campaign against foreigners, some justified but over all ridiculous considering they allways have the six extranjeros quota in their teams..

Before the Cangrejo crap starts again i want to add that i dont feel that el Tri needs a foreign coach. As a matter of fact we havent had one in a long time because Lavolpe like Bora are made in Mex.. However if Hugol takes over and fails and Aguirre doesnt want to return then i wouldnt mind having a coach like Bielsa taking over..

17. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Sigues con lo mismo.

Do you not learn anything from the countless threads that clearly debate this topic?

You ignore everything about level playing field.

Oh, I guess Chivas is the almighty and everyone else is a foreign-loving scumbag.

Including the two most vocal personalities in the MFL.

The threads exist.

Quick food for thought:

Give Hugo Vergara's backing and do you honestly believe he'd have Tin Delgado and co. on board?

Hell no.

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

always have six extranjeros. YOU SEEE THERE YOU GO AGAIN contradicting yourself.

Why criticize and blame Lapuente for America's attendence because of opting to go with Torres, Fernandez, Infante and benching Zamorano, Castillo, and Lipatin????

You critiize him for that because he would bench an "expensive" foreigner

get your shyt in line

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Dont jump to conclusions. I dont see anything wrong with hiring foreigners, especially if they are quality players.. My point is Hugol and Lapuente shouldnt talk about foreigners taking the jobs of Mexicans when they go out of their way to hire foreigners.. .

Why does he need Vergara backing when he has in UNAM one of the best canteras in all of Mexico.. Its cost more to bring in Tin Delgado to UNAM than to bring up Vela from Chivas reservas and next to him we have Isacc Romo. UNAM has Botero and i believe an Uruguayo striker, Bola Gomez ?

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Did you foget to take your Ritlin ? who the hell is talking about Americrap :confused:

Damn attention Whore, get off my nuts..

21. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Hey, captain ignore-reality..

Vela and Romo do what exactly?

Seriously, what have they done?

"But Tin and South American creeps have done nothing either, yet they were free."

I'll just answer for you from now on.

Not sure what Hugo was thinking in bringing those bastards in, but whatever. It's his garbage on an otherwise young bunch.

He can't afford your garbage.

Besides, I wouldn't be content with Paco riding my pine.

All this talk of potential sickens me.

Fantick? Terrible.

22. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

You are missing the point.. UNAM can produce players just as good or better. So why isnt Hugol willing to give those players a chance ? He bought Botero a goleador in the Bolivean league and National team and over all good player in Copa Libertadores but not as good in the MFL, then they got Marioni on loan and also bought Bola Gonzales, and if that wasnt enough they have brought el Tin delgado.. Why all these foreign strikers ? Hugo had Rafael Marques Lugo, why sell him ? He also had his nephew who misteriously disapeared despite scoring some nice goals ? what now, is he waiting for his kid to step it up..

Vela has done much better than Tin Delgado :)

Romo is a work in progress ;)

Here you are admitting that i am right :)

Paco is the workhorse that Chivas needs.. Not only that but Chivas did not purchase him, he was on loan and we didnt get his contract untill he was available on a free transfer.. . He will be a valuable asset for Chivas USA..

23. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Mexico coach La Volpe again threatens to resign

Mexico coach Ricardo La Volpe has again threatened to resign, this time because he feels the national team has been forced to play second fiddle to the clubs, Mexican media said on Tuesday.

It is the fourth time in almost as many months the gruff Argentine has talked of quitting.

"At the start of the year, they told me that the national team would have priority but I don't see any priority," La Volpe was quoted as saying.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/041109/7/2l0u.html

24. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

I am just pointing out the a simple statement that is factual about Lapuente's years in America. I am not turining it into an Americahread t. But i did have to mention them

That is what you said. I am just pointing something that contradicts what you believe.

for starters, the 6 foreigner quota just went into effect this season, AND Lapuente has not coached since 2003, HENCE Lapuente has never played under the current 6 foreigner quota. I am 99.9% positive that they didnt have a 6 foreigner quota throughout the 80s either. BUT even then, only 4 have can suit up at home (DF). And only 5 can make the trip (Nationwide)

http://www.mediotiempo.com/equipos/equipo.php?id_equipo=10&id_torneo=14

thats the roster for the 95-96 Necaxa team

look at the foreigners and you tell me who were the most productive? Luis Hernandez, Ricardo Pelaez, Alberto Garcia Aspe, Ingancio Ambriz.

Aguinaga was great as well.

Usuriaga & Wolf saw little to average playing time.

Lapuente showed more interest in Hernandez than Zarate

How is it xenophobia for any Mexican (that was raised with beans in hand) to want an all Mexican Federation or National Team? Its not club, its country. It defeats the purpose.

Also, pushing for and playing players from your own youth teams and sitting foreigners isnt acting malicious or xenophobic. Its acting upon your own resources. So if Lapuente or X America coach wanted to give Santiago, Paco, Carlos, etc, so be it.

Give me one quote where Hugo or Lapuente have EVER said that they are 100% against foreigners in the Mexican League?

Give me a roster of Hugo or Lapuente's teams going back from Puebla and then tell me if he has 6 foreigners?

Now, maybe you are confusing Lapuente and Hugo's(and not just those 2, but many others) wishes of either letting teams from DF play with 5 or make it 4 all across the board. Which is very much legitamte case becuase it not only gives teams an advantage, it also is a waste of resources.

25. -WiLL-

-WiLL- Member

Jun 23, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Re: Mexico coach La Volpe again threatens to resign

It happens so often its hardly news anymore and no one cares..

I've got a question.. Why doesn't he just f--king resign then!?!