Quickest way to Saitama Stadium

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Viking-KC, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Viking-KC

Viking-KC New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    hey guys, I'm thinking about making a cheeky trip up to Saitama tomorrow after work. I need advice on the quickest possible route from Tokyo Station (or anywhere along the shinkansen) to Saitama Stadium. I'll take any route - I just need it to be quick as I will be anywhere between giri-giri to "******** I'm late"

2. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Well, i was there last year but i don't remember which line i took:p I think it might have been Omiya line though, and u get off at the 2nd to last station or something. Perhaps u're better asking the staff at Tokyo Station, that always works for me if im lost :)

Let us know how the game was if u go!

3. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    How much time do you have to spare from work to the stadium though?

You might actually want to start off at Ueno Station instead of Tokyo. The Utsunomiya Line (Orange-coloured) starts there and skips a lot of stations before getting to Urawa Station, where you can catch the bus to Saisuta.

But if you're planning to get off at the Urawa-Misono station that's closest to the stadium then you're only going to have the Keihin-Tohoku line (light blue) as an option, and it's very much slower.

Either way, spare some time at least for the long walk up to the stadium itself.

4. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Vik, if you made it, it was definitely worth the effort... uh??

5. Viking-KC

Viking-KC New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Funny actually, I decided to go after work, but on my way to buy the ticket, i stopped by the pub for a cheeky one and my friend informed me that the kickoff was at 4 and not at 7 as I had originally predicted. Thank God for friends!!

6. dj_funk redded

dj_funk redded Red Card

Apr 5, 2008
    Saitama Stadium. I went to Japan in 2002 and the stadium looked not bad.
    I actually liked stadiums in Korea better. Stadiums in Korea looked much nicer.