Quick thoughts about Lineups

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by EdsonArantes, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdsonArantes

EdsonArantes Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Barra Brava
    Troy, Boswell, Namoff, and Olsen are the only players to play every minute of every game. I like that Tom is willing to try different combinations to see what works, and to try young guys over vets. Definitely worked in the last couple of games.

The obvious lack of depth is in the defense. I think we have the depth at midfield, just have to find the right combo that works, and get through some injury issues. Very deep attack with Emilio, Jaime, Addlery, Kpene, all of whom could start. Gomez, whether he is struggling or not, is a lock at the starting #10 spot. Casal looks like a natural winger, don't know who would best compliment him on the opposite side, as I think Tom is still figuring out where to play Gros.

Starting lineups for each game:

Game 1
    Troy Perkins, Facundo Erpen, Bobby Boswell, Bryan Namoff, Stephen deRoux (Kasali Yinka Casal 58), Brian Carroll, Christian Gomez, Justin Moose (Fred 54), Ben Olsen, Luciano Emilio, Jaime Moreno.

Game 2
    Troy Perkins, Facundo Erpen (Fred 46), Bobby Boswell, Bryan Namoff, Devon McTavish, Brian Carroll, Christian Gomez, Ben Olsen, Joshua Gros, Luciano Emilio, Jaime Moreno,

Game 3
    Troy Perkins, Bryan Namoff, Bobby Boswell, Devon McTavish (Kasali Yinka Casal 74), Fred, Brian Carroll (Justin Moose 46), Christian Gomez (Nicholas Addlery 68), Ben Olsen, Joshua Gros, Luciano Emilio, Jaime Moreno.

Game 4
    Troy Perkins, Facundo Erpen, Bobby Boswell, Bryan Namoff, Fred (Guy Kpene 79), Christian Gomez, Ben Olsen, Clyde Simms (Brian Carroll 54), Joshua Gros, Nicholas Addlery (Jaime Moreno 46), Luciano Emilio,

Game 5
    Troy Perkins, Facundo Erpen, Bobby Boswell, Bryan Namoff, Justin Moose (Kasali Yinka Casal 46), Brian Carroll, Christian Gomez (Stephen deRoux 78), Ben Olsen, Joshua Gros, Guy-Roland Kpene (Luciano Emilio 66), Jaime Moreno,

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Mods, please change the headline. There was nothing quick about that.

3. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    I don't understand the premise of this thread. Are you just pointing out that Soehn has played younger players more often and rotated veterans? Or is it that we are overly dependant on a handful of players? If you are (as that seems to be your point), it's being discussed in a handful of threads already.

I don't see how posting our line-ups offers much analysis, unless you're willing to post it in the formation we used and then try to analyze the result from such trials and errors (although even that is a stretch because it's discussed in post-game threads).

4. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dumb..

~worm~

5. EdsonArantes

EdsonArantes Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Barra Brava
    Sigh. Gotta love Bigsoccer, so courteous. Mods, please delete these flames. If the topic is redundant or unecessary, don't respond at all, rather than be rude. Other threads have discussed lineups and formations, but I hadn't seen anywhere that lists all the lineups that have been used, so people could look at them and discuss, "I like this lineup, I don't like that lineup, we should sub so and so in the x minute, why didnt we put in so and so, etc.", and then folks could use it as a platform to discuss formations too, as the only relevant post suggested, while referring to the actual lineups. If not, oh well.