Questions for Peter wilt (stadium only)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Nov 30, 2004.

1. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter,what is the roof at the "Fire house" going to be made of? Some type of metal or that fabric used at the Home Depot Center.

2. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm hoping for chocolate.

3. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    the former.

peter

4. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I realize in Florida fabric might be a good choice in creating roofs but in Chicago we have extreme weather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Yes I'm sure they didnt take our massive snowfalls into consideration.

6. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    In addition to the seats being red and whatever planned lettering and floor-painted decoration there is something struck me while watching the U20 game tinight in an empty HDC:

The concrete base should be entirely red. I don't think it's be hard to paint before seats go in, and it can be a messy job, but the stas will look much REDDER if the aisles and gaps in the seating appear red as well. It'll look like a seething mass of red. And if the white "8" is indeed painted below the benches in the harlem end it'll show up a lot better. Just an idea.

7. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    And a good one. It would add to the vibe of the stadium. My only reservation is for photographs. Would the players blend into the background?

8. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I doubt it...you see seething masses of bright colors like yellow and orange in College Basketball all the time and it doesn't affect player photography too adversely when the uniforms are a similar color.

The red color for the stadium and seats is likely to be a different color and more matte than the uniforms anyhow. Maybe a between solution is to paint the aisles white?

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I was thinking that when you suggested it. Maybe just paint the ground where the seats are red. All red everywhere might be over kill. Doesn't hurt to have some contrast.

10. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Like the designers of the Millenium Park Bridge?

11. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Apples and oranges mate.

12. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any more info on this?

13. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    i think we're still in the promised 30-60 day window ;)

from what i understand, everything is set up, but we're waiting for delivery on the equipment (camera).

i'm thinking it shoulod be live next week or the week after.

peter

14. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    This is a great idea.

However, I don't think painting the concrete is the right approach. It is very easy to tint concrete during manufacture. Coloring the concrete for (some of ?) the stands red would be much easier, and would also keep the "grip/stickiness" of the concrete at its original value, unlike paint which tends to make it more slick/slippery. Paint also wears off over time and would thus require re-application.

15. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter,will there be a video screen to show replay's on?

16. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    yes. comparable to HDC's and hanging from the roof over the stage on the 71st Street end.

peter

17. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AWESOME! I'm moving to bridgeview next year. Just kidding.
    I'm so happy for you guy's.

18. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana

I thought of this when the suggestion to paint first came up. The only problem is that it tends to fade with time. Red stands would be cool. Pink stands, less so.

But you're also right about the paint thing. I'm not sure how well painting high-traffic areas would work, especially since they are pretty much exposed to the elements even with the roof.

19. Boyzzz Murtaugh

Boyzzz Murtaugh New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    You know after watching a few games - it looks like some of the new Portugese stadiums do exactly that - tint the concrete with contrasting aisle colors. There has to be ways to rejuvenate the color if it does fade, though.